• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Who is Musclemecca pulling for?

Who do you want as the next president of the US?

• Total voters
TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^:49:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/11/05/sot.obama.victory.challenges.cnn

seriously, i think america has alot to look forward to in obama. i truly think he will be one of the greatest presidents ever. hes genuine, and his message is powerful.

I will agree that Obama did a great job at powerful rhetoric speeches over the past year. But, Obama is not going to change much; it's just more bullshit with a different face. I wasn't pulling for either of the guys, though, because they are pretty much the same with some very minor differences.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I will agree that Obama did a great job at powerful rhetoric speeches over the past year. But, Obama is not going to change much; it's just more bullshit with a different face. I wasn't pulling for either of the guys, though, because they are pretty much the same with some very minor differences.

one MAJOR difference imo. the ending of this blunder that neocons won't admit to, the iraq war. that is a huge selling point for obama. almost made me vote for him.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
one MAJOR difference imo. the ending of this blunder that neocons won't admit to, the iraq war. that is a huge selling point for obama. almost made me vote for him.

Care to make a wager than in 4 years from now, America will be out of Iraq?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Personally I'm most impressed that America voted in a black president. That's a momentous step for the world. I'm damn sure it'll be a long time before we see an Aboriginal Prime Minister in Australia. Also his promises of a withdrawal from Iraq are uplifting (although I won't hold my breath) and if he can fix the economic crisis like he says he can then that would be a great thing for the global economy too.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Obama all the way, Im usually a straight republican voter, but unlike other southern voters i have a mind to change my vote based what i hear not based just cause his party says republican.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am very glad that Obama won. The republican party is no longer the republican party it is the NeoCon party. The sooner they revert back to their old ideals the better for everyone.

Obama will certainly be a more inspiring leader than Bush. Listen to Obama speak, he does not sound like a moron, nor a crotchety old man. How much policy and law will change? Probably not all that much. However, if he can change the minds of America and other nations around the world things will improve.

There is no denying the positive global reaction that his election has received. Even the perception that America will be more diplomatic and open than under the NeoCon's (McCain is perceived as one) is going to make a huge difference.

I don't care if you don't agree with his tax or spending policies, you can't argue that he will be better received around the world than McCain. Obama has a closer connection to the "average" american than McCain does. The ability to inspire is the mark of a good leader. Listen to the man speak.

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I voted for the Libertarian Bob Barr. Like other Libertarians, he stands for protecting the Constitution and that is essential to me.

Of course he didn't win, but vote your hopes not your fears right?!

Banshee

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am very glad that Obama won. The republican party is no longer the republican party it is the NeoCon party. The sooner they revert back to their old ideals the better for everyone.

Obama will certainly be a more inspiring leader than Bush. Listen to Obama speak, he does not sound like a moron, nor a crotchety old man. How much policy and law will change? Probably not all that much. However, if he can change the minds of America and other nations around the world things will improve.

There is no denying the positive global reaction that his election has received. Even the perception that America will be more diplomatic and open than under the NeoCon's (McCain is perceived as one) is going to make a huge difference.

I don't care if you don't agree with his tax or spending policies, you can't argue that he will be better received around the world than McCain. Obama has a closer connection to the "average" american than McCain does. The ability to inspire is the mark of a good leader. Listen to the man speak.

very very well put. the diplomatic perception of us is a big change for the better.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Care to make a wager than in 4 years from now, America will be out of Iraq?

ya i know. i'm hoping biden wasn't outright lying in the debates when he stated that the fundamental difference between the two candidates was that obama would end the war. what more can one go off of? obviously all my opinions of obama thus far are based off of what he says, not what he does.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Do you know who else was a great, inspirational speaker?

main_hitler-1.jpg

Now, am I saying Obama will be another Hitler? Of course not, I consider him to be a decent person overall. He probably will be better for foreign relations than Bush or McCain, but believe me, that is not saying much. Truthfully, I can see him being around the same as Clinton was, and again, that's no praise.

His "connection" and speaking abilities are what frightens me, to tell you the truth. Look at the primaries and the general election, millions of people loved Obama, yet they had no idea why. Empty rhetoric of "hope" and "change" was enough.

I completely agree the republicans are the neo-con party now, and I wanted them to get their ass kicked in hopes they might begin to revert back to their roots. But, part of the problem with America is the sense that they can tie a ribbon around a piece of shit and most people will think it's a great present. I'm kinda glad he won though, because things still have a long way to go to get worse, at least financially, and Obama will probably just speed that up. America isn't at the point anymore where the Fed can inflate like it did under Clinton, and experience prosperity. Ron Paul used this as an analogy, but it's a great one. If I borrow a million dollars a month, for a while things are going to be great. But eventually, it's going to be time to pay the bills. That time is coming.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Listen to Obama speak, he does not sound like a moron, nor a crotchety old man.

speeches doesn't say anything. hitler had good speeches but that was pretty much it..

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I voted for the Libertarian Bob Barr. Like other Libertarians, he stands for protecting the Constitution and that is essential to me.

Of course he didn't win, but vote your hopes not your fears right?!

Banshee

I'm writing an assignment on Libertarianism, interesting stuff.

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm writing an assignment on Libertarianism, interesting stuff.
Yes, its extremely interesting. I have been (party not declared/Libertarian) since the O4 elections. The more I learn about the party, the more appealing it seems. Being a Cop, I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution(US and AZ) at all costs, and I believe it is extremely important for our elected leader to be held to the same standard.

Mostly, I really hope that America will begin to move away from a two Political party system. The founding fathers made a special point to discourage having only 2 parties, due to the fact that they believed independence was gained by thinking outside the box. When there are only 2 boxes people are thinking inside of, options are severely limited. Hopefully more people will vote if other parties and thus other ideas are recognized and not viewed as a "wasted" vote.

In his 1796 farewell, Washington warned: "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." To me, this quote describes our current rep. vs dem. political state perfectly. In other quotes, Washington talks of a two party system leading to opposite ideas, but no new ideas.

Anyways, just my 2 cents on the matter. :)

Banshee

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you know who else was a great, inspirational speaker?

main_hitler-1.jpg

On one hand, Touche Sir, on the other hand you proved my point. Hitler accomplished incredible things for the German people in a very short period of time. His speaking was excellent and certainly had the power to move people. I understand you are not comparing him to Obama, aside from the cautions that the ability to inspire does not equate to the ability to inspire good.

America and the world needs inspiration right now. We are all in for a rough few years. America has been borrowing too much money for far too long. Things need to get worse, we almost need to hit rock bottom before we can fix it. I have been saying this for a while now. The unprofitable market sectors need to die. This is how the free market works.

However America and the rest of the world need some inspiration and some hope to deal with the ensuing recession/depression. The belief that we will come out of this needs to be strong. Obama, IMO, has a much better chance of inspiring people and giving them hope that we will come through.

There is a danger in having a leader with such great speaking and inspirational powers, but those of us with a knowledge of history and an understanding of critical thinking have the responsibility to make sure his powers are not exceeded.