• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Wimbledon 2021

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a scary start for top seed Novak Djokovic when he lost the 1st set to Jack Draper in the first round of the Wimbledon 2021. But Djokovic was able to rebound in the next 3 sets to win the 1st match 4-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-2. Unfortunate is 3rd seed Stefanos Tsitsipas who was eliminated by Frances Tiafoe 6-4, 6-4, 6-3.

In the women’s singles the seeded casualty is Petra Kvitova who bowed to Sloane Stephens 6-3, 6-4.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Serena Williams suffered an injury when she slipped on the grass. I suspect that the grass court was wet. Serena suffered a bad fall that caused injury to her knee. After serving and trying to play she retired when the 1st set was only 3-3. Fortunately for the tournament top seed Barty escaped an upset by beating Carla Suarez Navarro in 3 sets 6-1, 6-7, 6-1.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The weather is not cooperating with the Wimbledon tennis tournament. Many matches have been suspended and I’m afraid that those match suspensions would result in a restructuring of the schedules. What can happen is a player can be playing 2 matches in a day which is tedious considering that there are also the matches in the doubles.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Due to the inclement weather some matches are suspended for the 3rd day.

In the women’s singles 4th seed Sofia Kenin bowed out with a loss to Madison Brengle 2-6, 4-6. By the way out of the tournament are world #2 Naomi Osaka and word #3 Simona Halep. It was an injury for Halep while Osaka has mental health issues.

For some positive development England’s sentimental favorite Andy Murray hurdled the 2nd round match against Oscar Otte 6-3, 4-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The 3rd seed Elina Svitolina was waylaid by Magda Linette in the 2nd round 6-3, 6-4. That leaves only the tops 2 seeds in the draw – world #1 Ashleigh Barty and world #4 Aryna Sabalenka – in going to the 3rd round.

In the men’s singles the top 5 are still doing great except for #3 seed Stefano Tsitsipas who was eliminated in the 1st round.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Going into the 4th round French Open champion Barbora Kreijcikova will be tested by top seed Ashleigh Barty. 2nd seed Aryna Sabalenka will also have a difficult opponent in Elena Rybakina.

In the men’s singles top seed Novak Djokovic will square off with see #17 Cristian Garin while #2 seed Daniil Medvedev will face Hubert Hurkacz.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here are the matches for the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon 2021:
Women’s singles:
1) Top seed Ashleigh Barty vs Ajla Tomljanovic
2) Seed #2 Aryna Sabalenka vs Ons Jabeur
3) Karolina Muchova vs Angelique Kerber
4) Karolina Pliskova vs Viktorija Golubic

In the men’s singles:
1) Top seed Novak Djokovic vs Marton Fucsovics
2) Mateo Berrettini vs Felix Auger Aliassime
3) Denis Shapovalov vs Karen Khachanov
* Seed #2 Daniil Medvedev with suspended round of 16 match with Hubert Hurkacz. The winner will face Roger Federer in the quarterfinals

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tops seed Ashleigh Barty and 2nd seed Aryna Sabalenka prevailed over their opponents to earn the passport to the semi-finals.

Barty who breezed past Ajla Tomljanovic 6-1, 6-3 will square off with Angelique Kerber who had an easy time in beating Karolina Muchova 6-2, 6-3. Sabalenka had quite a hard time in disposing of Ons Jabeur 6-4, 6-3. She will face Karolina Pliskova who eliminated Viktorija Golubic 6-2, 6-2.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All the favorites in the quarterfinals of the men’s singles won over their opponents. Top favorite to reach the finals is world #1 Novak Djokovic.

Here are the pairings for the semi-finals:
1) Top seed Novak Djokovic vs #10 seed Denis Shapovalov
2) Seed #7 Matteo Berrettini vs #14 Hubert Hurkacz

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed Ashleigh Barty withstood the attacks of Angelique Kerber to win in 2 sets 6-3, 7-6. The 2nd set was the showcasing of Barty of her skills. The score was 5-2 in favor of Kerber that it looked to be for Kerber. But Barty was able to tie the 2nd set at 5-5 and then 6-6 for a tiebreak. It was phenomenal for Barty to score 6-0 in the tie break although she won the tie break with a score of 7-3.

Seed #2 Aryna Sabalenka bowed to the gutsy and consistent Karolina Pliskova in 3 sets 7-5, 4-6, 4-6. It was Sabalenka’s first time in the semi finals while Pliskova is a former Wimbledon champion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The men’s semi finals went as expected with the favorites winning the matches. Italian Matteo Berrettini had a hard time in subduing Hubert Hurkacz in 4 sets 6-3, 6-0, 6-7, 6-4. This will be Berrettini’s first time to be in the finals.

Top seed Novak Djokovic prevailed but with a very close scores over Denis Shapovalov 7-6, 7-5, 7-5. Djokovic will be trying to earn a historic record in the Wimbledon when he faces Berrettini in the finals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was easy sailing for top seed Ashleigh Barty in the first set of the women’s finals. But Karolina Pliskova was in her fighting form to make it a tie-breka for the 2nd set with 6-6. Barty lost the tie-break with 4-7 that forced a deciding 3rd set. Barty seemed to have recovered quick because she led 3-0 in the 3rd set that probably had broken the focus of Pliskova who surrendered with a 6-3 in the 3rd set. Barty had fulfilled her dream of winning the Wimbledon.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The expected happened like before that world #1 Novak Djokovic had won another grand slam to his name. After losing the 1st set in a tie break, Djokovic finished the match by winning the next 3 sets 6-4, 6-4, 6-3 to bag the trophy of the Wimbledon 2021. It was a heart-breaker for Matteo Berrettini who gave Djokovic a close fight in the court.