• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

working on new full body routine

T

The Sheriff

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
230
Points
16
posted this in my log, but figured i'd put it in here too

hey guys - trying to figure out a new program, doing mon,wed,fri split, full body. was thinking of having monday be fullbody with emphasis on back of body, wednesday emphasis on legs, and friday front of body. jsut toying with ideas. heres what i had in mind
monday
deads, stiff deads, leg press, incline DB, pulldown, dips, calves and abs
wednesday
squat, lunge, incline bb, bent row, db curl, cleans, skull crush, calves and abs
friday
bench, military press, bb curl, front squat, pull up, laterals, calves and abs

2 or three sets per excerise

any thoughts would be great
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Looks like tough work but I commend the FB approach. I think my main concern with that programme would be the short rest period between doing 2 types of deads AND the leg press and then those squats and lunges in the following session whether your legs would be recovered sufficiently, and the lower back for that matter.
 
T

The Sheriff

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
230
Points
16
i think my legs will be fine for that, my deadlifting style because of my heigth and structure makes me use mostly back on deads, i can deadlift all day and not fatigue my legs. i'll definitley give it some thought, though. i did the program last night, and i have some back and hammie soreness, so i guess ill just see what happens.
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
I agree, I commend this approach. Very underrated regime. However, with all due respect, I think we need to reorganize this. The biggest concern it seems is you aren't taking into consideration secondary support and local stabilizers.

On your "back of body" day, you're neglecting your traps, which can be hit directly or indirectly. They are synergists to your basic multi-joint movements. Add a form of rows, or any other shrugging movement.

This isn't the best way to develop a FB routine. As I look over it, CNS drain could be extremely apparent, especially with a 3 set volume equivalent to almost 6-8 sets/body part.

Would you mind re-organizing? Or is your mind set on this? The basic idea is good, I just feel with any recovery ability, this would be taxing on your CNS.
 
T

The Sheriff

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
230
Points
16
yeah, im definitley open to suggestions, im not set on anything
 

Similar threads

Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
124
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
119
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
SpotMePlease
Replies
0
Views
189
SpotMePlease
SpotMePlease
Top