• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

World youth Day

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/06/30/1214677946009.html

Im suprised noone has brought this up in here yet.

"EXTRAORDINARY new powers will allow police to arrest and fine people for "causing annoyance" to World Youth Day participants and permit partial strip searches at hundreds of Sydney sites, beginning today."

I was planning to go hand out condoms but...

"People who fail to comply will be subject to a $5500 fine."

wtf is annoyance. NSW = fucked up.

discuss

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
youth day?

pics?

zsdah-1.gif

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was in two minds about this one.

1) The guys protesting the catholic church are really trying to go off the deap end. Their protest will ultimately just be nuscience value and they know it. They are simply after the publicity to highlight issues they have (some are very valid) with the church.

2) At what stage did we give "special powers" to police just because there might be a protest. What's next? Teachers being arrested and fined for striking because they are actually getting paid less than they were 3 years ago?

While I don't agree with the public grandstanding of some groups I understand that it is our right as citizens to do so. We have had many rights in Australia eroded over the past decade in order to be more nanny state. We have effectively had our ability to overthrow the government removed already, this would allow even protests to be stamped out. It is actually written in our constitution that we have the right to over-throw our govt if they make decisions that the majority of people are against. It stipulates that we can actually submit bills to parliament to dissolve (call an election), and if this is denied we are allowed to take up arms against the govt. Funny how we now have no guns to do so and people aren't aware of the bill submission process.....

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech IS in the FBI, he is watching us all.