• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Your gastronomic tips before exercise?

R

remnant

Banned
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
189
Points
0
Most people make the mistake me smacking no the wrong foods before embarking on an exercise program. Emphasis should be on low glycaemic index foods like sweet potatoes. Salmon is also good for the joints and has small bioactive molecules which improve health. What are your worthy food tips before exercise?
 
O

Oldschool

Active member
Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
29
Points
3
I usually train after not eating for 12 hrs.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
I don't have a specific food to eat or to avoid when I do my workout. The only rule of thumb for me is not to exercise when hungry or when the tummy is full. In other words, your food should have been partially digested by the time you do your workout.
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
Most people make the mistake me smacking no the wrong foods before embarking on an exercise program. Emphasis should be on low glycaemic index foods like sweet potatoes. Salmon is also good for the joints and has small bioactive molecules which improve health. What are your worthy food tips before exercise?

It really depends on what kind of exercise, your going to do. If your going to do some Cycling it's best if you eat about 2 hours before and you must eat energy boosting food like bananas, apples, potassium and protein rich foods like nuts but it's not advisable to eat meats because it wont help you in your activity, because it takes a long time to breakdown. If your going for a daily workout in the gym, you need lots of energy, protein to continuously help in your workout so better eat a lot of eggs and meats specifically beef and drink a lot of milk.
 
jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
118
Points
18
It really all depends on where I'm at with my Diet.

When I was younger, it was some Rolled Oats and 5 Whole Eggs before working out.
The Oats would give me the Energy to push through a hard workout, while the Eggs kept my Muscles Fed.
But this was when I was a Powerlifter and regularly did 1 1/2 to 2 hour workouts.

Now that I'm older, I don't Carb-up before a workout.
I go the other way and use Fats as my Energy Source.
So a couple Tablespoons of MCT-Oil before my workout, will give me ample energy to power through any workout.
Now that I've switched over to more of a Bodybuilding Type of Routine, I don't go beyond 45 or 50 Minutes...................... JP
 

Similar threads

BrofessorLift
Replies
0
Views
20
BrofessorLift
BrofessorLift
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
93
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top