• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Your most memorable moment at the gym! Thread!

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The most embarrassing moment for me has to be when I was squating. I was doing 3 sets of 15 and on my second set with about 3 reps left I went up slowly and by the time I got to the top of the exercise I let out a mean fart.

I was more embarrassed than sh*t. Some little kids were there with their dad behind me, and they were all saying "ewwww!" and plugging their noses. The dad was just standing there, looking at me - laughing. I'm very glad that they were the only people who saw me, but still for me it was still bad.

P

Pain

VIP
Is this memorable or most embarrassing? My most embarrassing moment was on the calf raise machine. I was setting the weight pin andon my way up I banged my head on the shoulder pad. lol.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When people noticed I looked at their crotches while bathing. Just kidding xD

I guess when I was doing bench press and I left the barbell in my chest, because I could not get it up. I was embarrassed :3

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh sorry for the last response, it can be both, usually your most memorable moment is embarassing xD

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I used to train at a small gym where Mike Muzik, a state-level bodybuilder trained. Heh, I remember I just bought a digital camera. Mike, getting ready for a contest, wanted me to take a video of him posing so he could check out his condition....

:hhj:

As I filmed a grown man in a speedo, I couldn't help but think...

"Gee, this sure is gay."

:49:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I used to train at a small gym where Mike Muzik, a state-level bodybuilder trained. Heh, I remember I just bought a digital camera. Mike, getting ready for a contest, wanted me to take a video of him posing so he could check out his condition....

:hhj:

As I filmed a grown man in a speedo, I couldn't help but think...

"Gee, this sure is gay."

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what happened to me was i was taking this bench small tho, it was gonna go under a another bench to do decline db bench press and i was walkink and my feet hit some equipment and i fall flat on my face and with the small bench. worst feeling in the world

P

power

This guy was doing situps on a bench press , i bump into the bar by mistake and it fell on his nose, he started bleeding, so i picked up the bar off his face and it slip out of my hand, and hit his nose again. The poor man didn't know what the fuck happen, the gym manager came and said it was an accident and i got the fuck out of there. One of several gym ecounters that i had while in the gym.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was so embarresed last saturday at back workout, i did lat pulldowns to the back and my gym is on 2 levels and one of the lat pulldown machines are right on the stairs

so well i did latpulldowns to the back and some nice hot ass chick came up the stairs and right at the moment she saw me i hit the bar on my head while pulling down :49:

that was so fucked up :49: :49:

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As far as embarassing, I guess mine's yet to come. For most memorable: I think every one has nostalgia about some awesome time in his or her life. Unfortunately for me, it hits me hard. I would say my most memorable moment(s) was about a year and couple months ago(when I started working out). I was a senior in highschool, so I got out of school everyday at 11:15. I would eat anything since I just started lifting. Then I would go to my easy ass job at a golf course. At about 5:30 I'd get off and my friend and I would go to the sweetest gym in my town. This memory stands out because it seemed like because it was the start, my growth rate came exponentially, whereas my friend, and endomorph with awesome shape, had a hard time gaining. Nonetheless, we had a blast everyday. The schedule was just so perfect, and I would say that is what kept me getting into bodybuilding as I am today. Awesome times.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
gv0861

gv0861

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One of my most memorable moment was in college when I walked over to where a loudmouth who frequented the place had just finished benching 135 lbs. and asked to use the barbell so I could do curls with it. Gym membership: $30 per month...Protein powder: $20 per can...Look in his face when I did 10 strict curls with that weight: priceless.
Another moment was meeting Johnnie Fuller after the 1983 NOC pre-judging. He was sitting in the back of the auditorium and I thought he was the biggest man I had ever met. We had a nice conversation and I learned more in that time than I had in the previous three years of lifting.Very few pros, if any, have ever behaved in the gentlemanly manner that Johnnie did on that day.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
During a back workout I wanted to stretch my lats out. I grabbed hold of the Pull-up/Dip frame and leant back to stretch out... and pulled the entire frame over on top of me. I was lying there on my back with this huge metal frame still in my hands laughing my ass off. I only ever stretch on thing that are bolted down from now on.

My other shining moment was during a heavy deadlift session. I was strapped on and was psyching myself up for the lift. I was pumping my legs ready to lift and then I suddenly overbalance forward and cos I was strapped on to the bar I head first over the bar and ended up in a heap on the floor looking like a total tit.

Ahhh... fun times.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well im going to a Lifetime Fitness gym now, Platinum membership
etc, well everyoine there at the time when i was getting my membership (5somin PM)
they all wore nice workout clothes, and all etc
well me, i dress like a hobo at the gym
Timberland Pro boots, baggy blue denim jeans, belt, shaggy shirt (2 shirts on usually)
etc, like a construction worker or homeless guy (people tell me that..)
some of the trainers are amazed i can workout like this, cus of heavy clothing
even during cardio. but the most amazing thing that's happened at the new gym is

when i got lost up stairs, after i did a cardio warm up, place is fucking huge
theres alot of mirrors all over, on the walls, i started walking to what i thought
was free weight area, bam a fucking mirror, they must use windex
rofl

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First time I tried repping 275 on squat after a strenuous workout I went down for a squat and couldn't come back up. The bar slammed on the squat bars and half the gym looked (on a busy night).

Another time was trying 90lb dumbbell bench presses for the first time (seems to be a pattern here...) and getting spotted as I went up. I couldn't keep my balance and dropped the dumbbell on my side; luckily I was trying to push them up off my body so they didn't hit my side hard. The guy laughed and said "It's ok. New weight for you. Let's do less" and he helped me on my next set of 80s. Not too embarassing but sucked nonetheless.