• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

05 vs. 06 Did they improve?

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
Coleman looked better last year

Cutler looks better this year

exactly why Cutler should beat Coleman

You are entitled to your opinion, but it would be wise to have your eyes tested after the O. Take Big Poppa with you.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
agreed. 06 lightning sucks

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ronjr28 said:
Due to all of the Jay Cutler DICK riding, let me bring an unbiased opinion into the fold. The lighting is alot better in the 2005 pics. Both Coleman and Cutler definitely look better in their 2005 pics. The 2005 Jay Cutler definitely beats the 2006 Ronnie Coleman. Neither guy is nearly as sharp as they were in 2005. Did Coleman slip up enough for Cutler to beat him with the package he brought in this year? Let's be honest with ourselves. I'm not real sure if Coleman WERE to lose that the title should even go to Cutler. They're some other guys on stage that have made some definite noteworthy improvements, so can we give the "Cutler Dick Riding Contest" a rest?

There's more Coleman fans than Cutler fans here. :e5dunno:

/dick failure

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:

You can't even make judgements with this piss poor lighting so why try?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arcane1129 said:

Honestly, In some pictures it looks like they both improved and in other pictures it looks like they didn't.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay's glutes definately look a lot better this year. More striated than they have ever been! Ronnie status? no way, but they are improved

zdub311

zdub311

Diesel said:
You can't even make judgements with this piss poor lighting so why try?
lol that is what everyone is going to say when cutler beats ronnie, cuz its his year...he looks 20 times better than him. lets be real.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
i really wanna know what happened to Jays hair....it looks like Craig Titus's hair...
I think that Jay changed his hair for the contest to make his head look smaller in comparison to his body.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex said:
I think that Jay changed his hair for the contest to make his head look smaller in comparison to his body.

Shame he couldn't chisel some of his jaw off to help with that.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay's back looks bigger but his arms and chest looked better last year.
Gus disapointed me but hes latino so he should be a top 10 bc of that :yarly:
Ronnie looks huge his back is not as sharp as used to be, but his legs, and arms are pretty big.

Light weight

Light weight

Cutler was better last year

Ronnie looks better this year except from the back

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Light weight said:
Cutler was better last year

Ronnie looks better this year except from the back
I agree with lightweight for the most part, but this also goes back to my long analysis of Jay's condition from 2004 vs 2005 on BBD. Last year Jay's color and condition far surpassed his prior packagages and I think he should've stuck with that coloring again. I did a long report on just how much a better tan and slightly better condition can affect one's physique. I wouldn't go as far as to say Jay is overall better last year, but there are some key areas where you could focus on and try to make that case.

Ronnie has improved overall, despite what some are saying. Yes, the best days of Ronnie's monsterous back are probably behind him but the man has added 20 pounds since last year and the enormous width and sweep of his legs from behind make his back look smaller than it is. Having said that, his rear lat spread is not what it has been or should be and he is lacking the detail in his hams he had last year.

The "gut talk" is cheap because no one here got a good viewing of the actual show and you're going by just a few pictures or screenshots. If you're going to make comments about distention or blockiness of a bigger athlete you need to see the actual videos and the muscles moving and breathing before passing judgement.

Ronnie's arms have improved ten-fold and he looks better in all side poses than Cutler does, even the side tri which for some reason has faded for Jay. Jay's added more detail in his legs in the side poses but they don't look as sharp as usual from the front. Ronnie's tris look improved and his chest is incredibly thick in both the side chest and tri. Last year, Ronnie did look too "stream-lined" in the sense that he came too far down in weight to look his best. This look for him certaintly benefits him in the side and front poses in comparison.

One more thing to point out, Jay really doesn't hit his abs and thigh nearly as well as he used to. He no longer actually flexes his abs that much because he doesn't want to risk distention; something I've noticed the past few years. As for now, his waist does look better but like I said, it's very difficult to offer commentary on waists without seeing the muscles move and flex.

As a whole, I'd say Jay's improved his physique but his presentation isn't as good. I feel he's making a huge mistake hitting his side chest in the manner he is now and something looks odd about his most muscular. I much prefer Jay's other side when hitting the side chest, as well as his other method of hitting that pose. Between that, his coloring/overall detail, and Ronnie's improvements though I don't think it will be enough.

Ronnie has improved. Adding that much more size in a year is something that, if any other athlete would do, people would be singing praises for. He's improved the majority of his poses and has retained his shape and mass; looking much better with fuller muscles. His age or training methodology has made him succumb to one or two poses overall but his improvements in other areas still put him ahead of the pack.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
overall i think this year the 3 guys look WORSE

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:

Exactly.

K

kaivan

cutler and dex should be first and second

:bowhay:
ronjr28 said:
Due to all of the Jay Cutler DICK riding, let me bring an unbiased opinion into the fold. The lighting is alot better in the 2005 pics. Both Coleman and Cutler definitely look better in their 2005 pics. The 2005 Jay Cutler definitely beats the 2006 Ronnie Coleman. Neither guy is nearly as sharp as they were in 2005. Did Coleman slip up enough for Cutler to beat him with the package he brought in this year? Let's be honest with ourselves. I'm not real sure if Coleman WERE to lose that the title should even go to Cutler. They're some other guys on stage that have made some definite noteworthy improvements, so can we give the "Cutler Dick Riding Contest" a rest?

K

kaivan

ronnie surely looks worse and jay has improved. At first i thought it was the pro tan but after looking at it with more care, it really is jays show.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I agree with lightweight for the most part, but this also goes back to my long analysis of Jay's condition from 2004 vs 2005 on BBD. Last year Jay's color and condition far surpassed his prior packagages and I think he should've stuck with that coloring again. I did a long report on just how much a better tan and slightly better condition can affect one's physique. I wouldn't go as far as to say Jay is overall better last year, but there are some key areas where you could focus on and try to make that case.

Ronnie has improved overall, despite what some are saying. Yes, the best days of Ronnie's monsterous back are probably behind him but the man has added 20 pounds since last year and the enormous width and sweep of his legs from behind make his back look smaller than it is. Having said that, his rear lat spread is not what it has been or should be and he is lacking the detail in his hams he had last year.

The "gut talk" is cheap because no one here got a good viewing of the actual show and you're going by just a few pictures or screenshots. If you're going to make comments about distention or blockiness of a bigger athlete you need to see the actual videos and the muscles moving and breathing before passing judgement.

Ronnie's arms have improved ten-fold and he looks better in all side poses than Cutler does, even the side tri which for some reason has faded for Jay. Jay's added more detail in his legs in the side poses but they don't look as sharp as usual from the front. Ronnie's tris look improved and his chest is incredibly thick in both the side chest and tri. Last year, Ronnie did look too "stream-lined" in the sense that he came too far down in weight to look his best. This look for him certaintly benefits him in the side and front poses in comparison.

One more thing to point out, Jay really doesn't hit his abs and thigh nearly as well as he used to. He no longer actually flexes his abs that much because he doesn't want to risk distention; something I've noticed the past few years. As for now, his waist does look better but like I said, it's very difficult to offer commentary on waists without seeing the muscles move and flex.

As a whole, I'd say Jay's improved his physique but his presentation isn't as good. I feel he's making a huge mistake hitting his side chest in the manner he is now and something looks odd about his most muscular. I much prefer Jay's other side when hitting the side chest, as well as his other method of hitting that pose. Between that, his coloring/overall detail, and Ronnie's improvements though I don't think it will be enough.

Ronnie has improved. Adding that much more size in a year is something that, if any other athlete would do, people would be singing praises for. He's improved the majority of his poses and has retained his shape and mass; looking much better with fuller muscles. His age or training methodology has made him succumb to one or two poses overall but his improvements in other areas still put him ahead of the pack.

I disagree with u in some things, Line, but u finally post a really good text.

The main question is that I believe Coleman package is his worst or more unbalanced since 2002.

I want to believe he injured his back during the offseason, I can't explain the huge change in his back only in few months.

Enemy@fself

Enemy@fself

as i stated the other topic something definitley happned there for ronnie, i guess either he stopped training back for some reason like a month out or he injured himself, basically jay has the back poses but ronnies arms - chest - quads are unreal his arms are out of this world just sick so does the forearms he doesnt see jay in that department but ron's trademark is gone (at least for now) the back lat spread really made me sad

but maybe were all talking in the air, we need to see better lightning pictures!

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually think Jay looks better from the front in 05' than in 06', but from the back he looks better in 06' than in 05'. Plus Jays tan way 100 times better in 05'.