• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

10 things that worked for you.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can barely sleep on my side little own my front. Side puts my shoulder out and front makes it harder to breathe due to my weight. Life as a little big man is hard!

I don't like sleeping on my front, not good for my shoulder or neck.

Sleeping on my side I've found I have to have a pillow between my knees and have my laying side arm at 90 degrees to the body, and the other arm on my side with my forearm resting on the pillow for minimal internal rotation. Apparently they design a pillow specifically for this that runs ~3/4 length of your body.

I prefer sleeping on my back, but apparently the fiance doesn't as I tend to snore in that position. :icon_ninja:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Women, always complaining about something!

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
1. frecuency
2. high load/low (5) reps
3. rotators are THAT important to warm up
4. pulldowns are shit, do pullups
5. do weighted pullups
6. Avoid Smith machines
7. Don't neglect legs
8. Two half reps don't do a single full rep
9. Put together a training schedule that's "fun" for you, that way you won't miss any training day.
10. Did i mention rotator cuff?

That's it

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. Powerlifting training, in particular WSB and Smolov. I'm the biggest and strongest I've ever been.

2. ATG squats and heavy low rep deads. Accept no substitute.

3. 8 meals a day. People will be asking what you're on in no time.

4. Pullups. I attribute my back width to these.

5. Shoulder prehab and lots of rear delt work. I have significantly less shoulder pain now.

6. Less isolation training, more training the movement. You don't get big from flyes and leg extensions, you get big from benches and squats. The more you can lift the bigger you get. Its not bloody rocket science.

7. The less equipment the better. Don't use your belt unless you're maxing and don't use straps unless you're grip has totally given out. And when you do have to use equipment learn to use it properly. Brace against your belt, don't use it to brace you.

8. Most bodybuilding supplements are shit. Save your money.

9. Heavy ab work. Doing 300 crunches isn't going to help you achieve anything.

10. Stop looking for shortcuts. Hard graft, determination, consistency and knowledge gets you the best results. I trained hard and smart to get where I am and I'm a lot bigger and stronger half the steroid users I've met. Steroids have there place but are useless as tits on a bull if you don't know how to train properly.

well I don't have to name my 10 points, they are already stated here

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
10. Did i mention rotator cuff?

I think its more important to mention overall shoulder health, rear delt work for prehab is very important if you bench a lot, as is a good balance between pulling and pushing work.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I think its more important to mention overall shoulder health, rear delt work for prehab is very important if you bench a lot, as is a good balance between pulling and pushing work.

Sure, that's true. As this is a "for you" thread i was just stating that rotator cuff warmups have worked wonders for me, i've got rid of the discomfort (wasn't really pain) i felt while benching and training back. I learnt that back at BBD so thank you all ;) :thumbsup2:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1-10. stopped fucking around with 10-12 reps and put some weight on the bar 6-8 reps.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah, less reps, more weight. although I prefer 1 to 5 reps

C

chrillurt

1: Go heavy, but try to keep the reps to at least ten.
2: Go for full movements, don't half ass it.
2: A lot of rear delt work.
4: Free weights.
5: Squats
6: Deadlifts
7: Bench presses
8: Heavy dumbell flyes( 80-100 pound dumbells), really deep stretch at the
bottom and a full lockout.
9: Behind the neck barbell presses
10: Stretch, stretch , stretch

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
8: Heavy dumbell flyes( 80-100 pound dumbells), really deep stretch at the bottom and a full lockout.

I disagree. I think it's very dangerous to do HEAVY flyes.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Do you even train? Or are you too afraid to walk through the front door of the gym because its 'too dangerous'.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Russian Power Cycle. Done it 3 times now and loved it every time. Always hit the target of new 1 rep max at the end.

C

chrillurt

That's okay, but it has worked for me. Sometimes I like to do dangerous things. I am always warmed up before I do this and I would not do it if I could not handle the weight, but of course everyone has to find what works for them.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess we are all in agreement from reading every post.........stick to the basics, stay consistent, and don't bullshit

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nothing against heavy side raises if you do them right :keke:

most of the people straighten out the arms to the side and raise it up :keke: which is absolutely wrong :coolguy: bent in elbow little bit and push the weight with your elbow up not with your cuff...

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1) ATG Squats, more than twice a week.
2) MadCow's 5x5 programs
3) SARDINES!!!!!!! (Better than tuna by a country mile.)
4) Whey Protein Isolate, 4x's a day.

5) Overhead Squats- the worst of the worst! Or is it best of the best?

6) Chalk.
7) Sprinting up stairs.
8) Oatmeal every goddamn day.
9) Hanging out with good powerlifters.
10) Embarrassing myself.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3) SARDINES!!!!!!! (Better than tuna by a country mile.)
4) Whey Protein Isolate, 4x's a day.

3) Really? I didn't know it, but I'll stick to my lovely tuna. His flavour is the best in this world.

4) Four times a day? LOL, I think that's a little bit too much, mate. Nothing's better than the good ol' chicken breast! :thumbsup2:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sardines, seriously. Practically no mercury, higher amount of Omega 3's, and more taste!

Seriously, try the lightly smoked sardines in cayenne pepper-flavored extra virgin olive oil. Damn tasty!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I don't like sleeping on my front, not good for my shoulder or neck.

Sleeping on my side I've found I have to have a pillow between my knees and have my laying side arm at 90 degrees to the body, and the other arm on my side with my forearm resting on the pillow for minimal internal rotation. Apparently they design a pillow specifically for this that runs ~3/4 length of your body.

I prefer sleeping on my back, but apparently the fiance doesn't as I tend to snore in that position. :icon_ninja:

I've found out why I have slight shoulder pain... I blame sleeping on my side lol

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Russian Power Cycle. Done it 3 times now and loved it every time. Always hit the target of new 1 rep max at the end.

DO TELL PLEASE !!!

Never heard of Russian power cycles.