• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2008 Mr.Olympia Competitors list

Can Jay Cutler win 3 times in a row?

• Yes, Jay Cutler 3 time Mr.Olympia

Votes: 65 58.6%
  • No.

Votes: 46 41.4%

• Total voters
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1.Jay Cutler.(with better condition)
2.Dexter Jackson(lots of momentum)
3.Phil Heath(2 place is possible ,well see)
4.Dennis Wolf(Hard to really place him ,since i havent seen any new pics of him.Needs more thickness to his lowerback,hamstrings and even glutes)
5.Kai Greene
6.Melvin Anthony

Also Vic can place anywhere between 1-6.Have to see how he recovers.

D

d.capodiferro

And you still haven't told us why.
because he is bigger, wider and stronger than anybody else except cutler.

Why? He placed immediately behind him at the AC this past year and has made as incredible of off-season improvements as anyone (including Phil).
judging at the asc was not fair(in my opinion). anyway, besides my opinion, it is still very different than at the olympia.

He will disappoint everyone that supported him? Way to be overly dramatic and obscenely harsh for this scenario. Dexter clearly improved in the short time between the 2007 Olympia and the 2008 AC so there's no point in saying he's incapable of making further strides in his physique. Of course, that's not to say he will be changing anything drastic in the coming months but I'm not sure how you can so assuredly rule out one of the best three bodybuilders in the world from at least achieving something new.

dex does not need improvements; he needs to completely revolution his body if he remotely thinks to scare jay, wolf or even victor.

about wolf's weak points... i know many of you are in love with striated harmstrings and glutes, but these are not weak points, these are insignificant particulars.
his weak points are others, but his stong points are so strong he beats phil, dex and the poor kai hands down.
just because of his shoulders i'd place him before these ones.
they're not just better, they are from another planet

And you still haven't told us why.

Why? He placed immediately behind him at the AC this past year and has made as incredible of off-season improvements as anyone (including Phil).
judging at the asc was not fair(in my opinion). anyway, besides my opinion, it is still very different than at the olympia.

He will disappoint everyone that supported him? Way to be overly dramatic and obscenely harsh for this scenario. Dexter clearly improved in the short time between the 2007 Olympia and the 2008 AC so there's no point in saying he's incapable of making further strides in his physique. Of course, that's not to say he will be changing anything drastic in the coming months but I'm not sure how you can so assuredly rule out one of the best three bodybuilders in the world from at least achieving something new.
dex does not need improvements; he needs to completely revolution his body if he remotely thinks to scare jay, wolf or even victor.

about wolf's weak points... i know many of you are in love with striated harmstrings and glutes, but these are not weak points, these are insignificant particulars.
his weak points are others, but his stong points are so strong he beats phil, dex and the poor kai hands down.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
He beat Wolf at last year's Olympia. Welcome to reality.
d.capodiferro said:
Insignificant? No.
d.capodiferro said:
Here's the thing, we here on our planet tend to talk about and discuss realistic scenarios and probable outcomes based on the judging that's already in place. While personal bias does make a difference in the insight that some provide, it's fairly limited and most often easy enough to spot. You, however, transcend this pattern by offering an exclusive foray of hyperbole whose primary combatant is logic. We understand how you feel because you reiterate the same vacant stances over and over again but for once could you at least make an attempt at looking at things from a realistic standpoint instead of through that shrewd, disillusioned lens of yours?

You're over emphasizing mass and I'm not sure where you're getting this argument of strength but that's erroneous and irrelevant.
Yes, the Olympia is very differently judged but that's generally in terms of mass versus aesthetics, not the latter in opposition against itself. If there's a great equalizer outside of mass at the Olympia though it's one's name, which is clearly advantageous for Phil. I'm not sure what Kai's immediate plans are but it might actually behoove him more to compete throughout the rest of the year, win some shows and come into the Olympia with more hype as opposed to going into true off-season mode again. That would be a very experimental strategic protocol though and I doubt his popularity would spike enough to instigate the judges into offering more favorable comparisons. I find it to be an interesting notion nonetheless though.

As for this year's AC, there were a few blips in terms of judging but as a whole it was a well judged show. I'm guessing you would have had Branch higher despite his arms looking like hell from the tears.

D

d.capodiferro

We understand how you feel because you reiterate the same vacant stances over and over again but for once could you at least make an attempt at looking at things from a realistic standpoint instead of through that shrewd, disillusioned lens of yours?
if something, my lens are illusioned, because i look at things the way i would like them to be, not as the others tell me to look at

As for this year's AC, there were a few blips in terms of judging but as a whole it was a well judged show. I'm guessing you would have had Branch higher despite his arms looking like hell from the tears.
naturally, i place branch first, phil second , dex third and kai ... i don't know.
i dislike him at all

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
if something, my lens are illusioned, because i look at things the way i would like them to be, not as the others tell me to look at
Clever, but now you're also contradicting yourself. Your acknowledge that judging is different between the AC and the Olympia (which is true) and thusly saying that Kai was placed in accordance to the prior's judging means you do at least have some understanding as to how things really work. Your failure seems to come from not understanding the delicate balancing act of change and what must be taken into consideration in order to accommodate it. Judging cannot make any type of transition over night but in order for the sport to move forward in what's best for it patterns need to be noted and evaluated in hope that a move towards a more optimal future is being made. Obviously you differ with me in opinion on what is and isn't a great physique but at least I can be realistic about what needs to be done first. Also, the idea that this sport is completely subjective, which is in the essence of what you are suggesting, is moving backwards.

D

d.capodiferro

Clever, but now you're also contradicting yourself. Your acknowledge that judging is different between the AC and the Olympia (which is true) and thusly saying that Kai was placed in accordance to the prior's judging means you do at least have some understanding as to how things really work. Your failure seems to come from not understanding the delicate balancing act of change and what must be taken into consideration in order to accommodate it. Judging cannot make any type of transition over night but in order for the sport to move forward in what's best for it patterns need to be noted and evaluated in hope that a move towards a more optimal future is being made. Obviously you differ with me in opinion on what is and isn't a great physique but at least I can be realistic about what needs to be done first. Also, the idea that this sport is completely subjective, which is in the essence of what you are suggesting, is moving backwards.
i haven't got nor i aspire to get any knoledge about the judging criteria.
i just repeat what everybody says; only thing, i can denote that while at the other competitions my favourite athletes always loose to the "pretty guys", at the olympia(in recent years) my choice always (except 2006 where i had ronnie as a winner) wins.
also, the essence of my thoughts is not at all that the sport is subjective:
i definitely think my word is pure gold(exageration) while yours is the worst and most damaging for the sport

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i haven't got nor i aspire to get any knoledge about the judging criteria.
Obviously, but you're willing to acknowledge that the AC and O are judged differently.
d.capodiferro said:
also, the essence of my thoughts is not at all that the sport is subjective:
i definitely think my word is pure gold(exageration) while yours is the worst and most damaging for the sport
Why? Once again you're dealing exclusively to your opinion thus catering to a like/dislike instead of a logical progression. What is so damaging about my ideologies or willingness to root for the sport's transcendence above what it is now?

D

d.capodiferro

Obviously, but you're willing to acknowledge that the AC and O are judged differently.

Why? Once again you're dealing exclusively to your opinion thus catering to a like/dislike instead of a logical progression. What is so damaging about my ideologies or willingness to root for the sport's transcendence above what it is now?

what is wrong with you is that, keeping on your way of thinking bb, athletes would slowly(maybe not so slowly) start to become like small and pretty female looking guys who cannot lift a pound.
pursuing my way, bbers would start to "colemanize"(i can't fin a better term).
would you prefer to see 20 ronnie colemans competing, or 20 dexter jackson?
i'm sure everybody who loves the sport would make my choice

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
what is wrong with you is that, keeping on your way of thinking bb, athletes would slowly(maybe not so slowly) start to become like small and pretty female looking guys who cannot lift a pound.
This is idiotic.
d.capodiferro said:
pursuing my way, bbers would start to "colemanize"(i can't fin a better term).
would you prefer to see 20 ronnie colemans competing, or 20 dexter jackson?
i'm sure everybody who loves the sport would make my choice
As is this. You're completely disregarding genetic disposition or the wants/needs of the athletes and are seeing them as objects more so than humans with varying characteristics, both physical and mental. The scenario you present is absurd and you've in no way demonstrated a comprehension of any perspective outside of your own, which is a crucial practice in understanding pretty much anything dealing in relations.

skid9832004

skid9832004

branch i say will be in top ten this year definitly

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
branch i say will be in top ten this year definitly

I agree, and if he matches his conditioning from the ASC I can see a top 6 placing for him. The Mr O definitely caters to his freaky physique more than the ASC.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

It doesn't matter what we think all that matters is what the judges think sadly
either way it's still interesting to talk baout our views on the competitors

IMO I think that Jay will again repeat
with Wolf coming in second then Dex

D

duker6

I dont think you can count Vic out if he rehabs the knee

3alola

3alola

victor will make a suprise

tp_88

tp_88

Jay beat Victor in the prejudge 2007 (according to the judges, that is..) and Jay was clearly off. I doubt he will come in worse this year, probably slightly better even. Noone can be as dominate as Victor was last year, especially in the prejudge, in this years Olympia.

Conclusion: If the judges are the same, this contest is already over imo..

Savjav

Savjav

i just want to say bless u line :linedrunk: i have to agree with everything u have said :)

I

intodeep

1. wolf/victor depending how he recoops
3. Jay
4.dexter
5. phil