• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 IFBB Detroit 202 Pro Championships

Who will win the 202 Detroit Pro show?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L dimi

L dimi

stan mac quay winner of this PG

daryl gee 2 , tricky jackson 3 , dugdale 4 , devers 5 , lawrence hunt 6 , is finish for the top six , go to olympia mac quay , gee , jackson
59250_1609489683186_1414545051_31623441_4770167_n.jpg

L dimi

L dimi

i have a probleme for add/post a picts sorry , i d'on't not why ??????????????

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too bad for Mark Dugdale.He didnt qualify for the O ,am i right?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
odd....looked like dugdale had it in prejudging

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Like L Dimi said earlier, these were the results:

Detroit Pro Men's 202 Winners:

1st Place - *Stan McQuay -$5,000
2nd Place - *Daryl Gee -$3,500
3rd Place - *Tricky Jackson -$2,000
4th Place - Mark Dugdale -$1,000
5th Place - PD Devers -$500

* qualify for the 202 Mr O
----------------------------
6. Lawrence Hunt
7. Cvetko Stojmenovski
8. Pedro Barron Cuyas
9. James Llewellin
10. Daron Lytle
11. Edward Duque
11. Edward Myoba
12. Luiz Marinho
13. Rod Ketchens
13. Amit Sapir
15. Jason Marcovici
17. Jimmy Canyon
17. Sean Jenkins
17. Jimmy Momany

scorecards

2010johnsimmonspro_scorecard2-1.gif

Last edited:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Some prejudging vids:

PD Devers -5th

Dugdale -4th

Tricky Jackson -3rd

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Daryl Gee -2nd

Stan McQuay -1st

Comparisons

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1 Dugdale is an idiot to have dropped to 202 competition;
2 This is BS that they gifted it to Stan over Dugdale and Daryl;
3 Dugdale is an idiot to have dropped to 202 competition;
4 ****ing judges are making a mockery of 202 div with consistently BS results;
5 Dugdale is an idiot to have dropped to 202 competition

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
1 Dugdale is an idiot to have dropped to 202 competition;
2 This is BS that they gifted it to Stan over Dugdale and Daryl;
3 Dugdale is an idiot to have dropped to 202 competition;
4 ****ing judges are making a mockery of 202 div with consistently BS results;
5 Dugdale is an idiot to have dropped to 202 competition

Here's the original Dorian pic, not ps'd.

dorianrearlatnonshopped3or-1.jpg

I thought you're mad without it lol

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Dugdale is an idiot to have dropped to 202 competition

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Actually, why is he an idiot for doing the 202 shows? He's winning more here than he did in the last years in the Open class.

Open:

# 2005 Ironman Pro Invitational, 8th
# 2005 San Francisco Pro Invitational, 6th
# 2006 Ironman Pro Invitational, 5th
# 2007 Ironman Pro Invitational, 2nd
# 2007 Arnold Classic, 11th
# 2007 Mr Olympia, 16th
# 2008 IFBB Tampa Bay Pro, 13th
# 2009 Ironman Pro Invitational, 8th
# 2009 Sacramento Pro - 6th ( - after the 202 O in 09)

202's:

# 2009 Pittsburgh 202 Pro, 2nd
# 2009 New York Pro 202, 2nd
# 2009 Olympia 202, 4th
# 2010 Detroit Pro 202, 4th

^^ so yea, I think he wins more than he did in the Open classes, don't know for sure but the money for the 2nd-4th places in 202 are > than 8th-16th in the Open class.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because he had the potential to improve in the open div; the time and effort he spends on trying to stay under 202 could easily have been used to gain more muscles and become more competitive in the open div! Surely you dont belive Dexter has a better frame (also bone-muscle structure) than Dugdale!!?!! He used to have killer legs when he was competing in the open div but now look at those match sticks :( ... all because he has to sacrifice muscle mass to come in light! His back used to be a lot better... he used to have one hell of a most muscular.... :(

Dexter, Lee Priest, Lee Labrada and Franco Columbo are example for those who have deliberately dropped weight to compete in 202 Div; those guys are examples that they need not give in to their short stature and that they need to stick with the open div and stick it through the tough times when they are not being judged correctly... IMHO 202 should be used by up & coming BBers to stay motivated (because of a short term goal of competing) while they embark upon their long term goal of becoming successful in the open div! Guys who earned their Pro cards while being heavier and competed professionally in the open div should not drain their efforts and muscles to make the 202 div!

P.S. Yes his wife is hot!

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I agree with the placings Stan is bigger than the competition, the one I could see taking first place would be tricky.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Because he had the potential to improve in the open div; the time and effort he spends on trying to stay under 202 could easily have been used to gain more muscles and become more competitive in the open div!

IMHO 202 should be used by up & coming BBers to stay motivated (because of a short term goal of competing) while they embark upon their long term goal of becoming successful in the open div! Guys who earned their Pro cards while being heavier and competed professionally in the open div should not drain their efforts and muscles to make the 202 div!
Who are you to say what his goals and expectations are when it comes to professional bodybuilding? If I'm not mistaken, the guy isn't hurting for money, so why does he have to continue to put on weight and become increasingly competitive in the open division just to meet the standards that people like you are setting for him? I'm not saying I know why Dugdale bodybuilds, but I'm certainly not going to be so assumptive - and go so far as to call the man an idiot, repeatedly - about what he wants to achieve in the sport. Maybe he doesn't want to become too big -- maybe he finds it uncomfortable or maybe he doesn't want to amplify the potential health risks that bodybuilding carries. Who knows? You don't, so why are you so adamantly thickheaded on such a matter?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I agree with Line on that post. Also in my opinion Dugdale doesn't have the structure as others with his height (5'6"), has short arms a.k.a. "T-Rex arm syndrome" so he will never be as competitive as Dex, Branch, Rockel and others. Yea he had better and fuller legs before, at a higher bodyweight, but I think his 202 status suits him better as a bodybuilder now.

notice the short arms

mark_dugdale1.jpg

_W5Q2569_ZZCVAKYATX-1.jpg

And again, like Line mentioned, maybe he doesn't want to risk his health more, and he's happy with the 202 division, and probably even he knows that he wouldn't have THAT much potential to be someone in BB. After all, he has a great life with wife and kids, and a great job, so he's doing bodybuilding only as a hobby. Nothing wrong about it if you ask me.

June2010MMI7-1.jpg

June2010MMI8-1.jpg

Last edited:
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who are you to say what his goals and expectations are when it comes to professional bodybuilding? If I'm not mistaken, the guy isn't hurting for money, so why does he have to continue to put on weight and become increasingly competitive in the open division just to meet the standards that people like you are setting for him? I'm not saying I know why Dugdale bodybuilds, but I'm certainly not going to be so assumptive - and go so far as to call the man an idiot, repeatedly - about what he wants to achieve in the sport. Maybe he doesn't want to become too big -- maybe he finds it uncomfortable or maybe he doesn't want to amplify the potential health risks that bodybuilding carries. Who knows? You don't, so why are you so adamantly thickheaded on such a matter?

because as a well wisher and sporting fan we get (use) such liberties as to use words about our sporting (for lack of better word) heros that we wouldnt otherwise use... but you'll need to first pull your head out of your ass and get off of your high horse to realize that! What I said about Dugdale was said with good intentions and good sense... too strong a word YES but I was angry at seeing how he looked here compared to what he used to be in open class.... and like I said being a fan we take some liberties! Sooo I called him an idiot...big deal... get a freakin life and stop guessing tone of other peoples posts from the text!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
because as a well wisher and sporting fan we get (use) such liberties as to use words about our sporting (for lack of better word) heros that we wouldnt otherwise use...
The problem here isn't that you used the word "idiot," though such hyperbole is unnecessary, it's that you're positing goals on a fellow human being who may not share your vision for their professional life. Though some top-tier pros make their money from bodybuilding, many don't. In this, we're in a unique situations as fans, as many competing pros don't rely on contest winnings to pay their mortgage; they have other sources of income and other jobs. This is in direct contrast to other sports where, if you don't produce, you don't really get paid. Your goals for Dugdale, though perhaps well-intentioned, are still your perspective on someone else's life and carry little-to-no importance outside that little head of yours.
What I said about Dugdale was said with good intentions and good sense... too strong a word YES but I was angry at seeing how he looked here compared to what he used to be in open class....
Again, you're getting caught up on one word and not seeing the forest for the trees here. I don't see why you, or anyone for that matter, can't approach a matter with more civility. Also, other than being assumptive about Dugdale and his ambitions, you're making blanket statements about the entire 202 division that carry little backing. Sure, that weight class can be a stepping stone towards bigger - both literally and metaphorically - things in the IFBB, but why can't it also be a sanctuary for guys with smaller structures or guys who are content with their current level of development? Why can't it be something different entirely? Again, you're doing little than taking what you feel is right and being assertively assumptive about these expectations. This is what I was taking issue with.
and like I said being a fan we take some liberties! Sooo I called him an idiot...big deal... get a freakin life and stop guessing tone of other peoples posts from the text!
Funny that I didn't guess the tone of your post at all, for my response was independent of such trivialities, but you did completely miss the point of mine. I'm not entirely surprisd.

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
This show was very lackluster.

Dugdale was very flat yet ripped.

Paki, Yo are overlooking a lot of things. Dugdale had been competing since he was a teenager... he hit somewhat of a plateu where he wouldnt improve much. IMO he shouldve beat Freeman at the ironman but freeman was so tall. WHat else could dugdale do if he was too short to compete with guys like freeman ? I think you're over-reacting, just because he isnt winning the 202 shows doesnt mean he is better off in the Open class. He came in flat today, he was shredded and if he filled out better he probably wouldve won which is saying a lot more then what he couldve do in an open show. He is a cool guy, his wife is freakin hot, calling him an idiot is a bit much.

I suggest you take that picture tkd provided to make up for your irrational comments in this page.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I love how line dismantles an argument.

and I'm all about Tkd post, I just think he is living a sweet life, house full of children, good wife, good job and still able to do bodybuilding.

that's all I wish for in life.

ps: damn I almost shed a tear.