• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2011 NY Pro PICS & VIDEOS

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He will have Kai hanging by the foot for 1 week and according to his plans, his torso will get longer.
If plan fails, Kai will be able to perform handstands for longer times.

Anyways, is a win win plan.

What a great post, LOL :p

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont get how could Farah say he is saving the best of Kai for the O... what would they do differently? would they botch this show just so he would look better at the O? doesnt make sense to me.

No, Kai does not have to flop at this show to be better at another show. Honestly, kai and Farah could have chose training, nutrition, and supplementation that was less stressful on kais body, but that still allowed kai to produce a physique with enough muscle and condition to win. That is likely what Farah was referring too, the choice of a less stressful prep that produced a physique that was not kais total potential at this point, but that was still enough to beat the other guys in the show.

That is a very real decision every pro has to make, regardless of whether or not the decision is a conscience one. Speaking as a biochemist/nutritionist,bodybuilding, even on an amateur level, IS NOT HEALTHY, I dont care how you do it. The cell damage, inflammation, and the metabolism of such large quantities of food is a lot of stress on the body, there are no "what ifs" about it. Some people are able to tolerate it more than others due to higher amounts of enzymes present, but the metabolism of a high calorie diet, especially a diet high in protein becomes toxic. Nitrogen is a toxin, urea and ammonia are even more toxic, and as bbers, these pros have to deal with that biochemical reality. Becasue of these facts, farah leads me to believe that he did not push Kais training, nutrition, and drugs as far as kai was able to tolerate. In my opinion, that is an excellent decision to make.

I was personally not impressed with this showing, but I respect it based on the potential of the reasoning above being a reality. I feel like kai has yet to be as big and as conditioned as he can be at the same show. Every time I see pics a few weeks out he looks massive, then come show day he never lives up to what I expect to see.

Ronnie Coleman, he lived up to his 3 and 4 week out photo hype when it came show time.

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I see what you mean Big Ben. Farah even said something about getting him healthy. They prolly were easy on the drugs compared to how he is planning on doing at the Olympia. Either way, as i mentioned before i cant see Kai being competitive for another 2 years, his gut is growing too much and his torso is too short to handle the mass. I agree though, he loses a lot of mass leading up to the show, if he is able to hold the mass he would squash everyone except for jay (who is wider then my room)

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He will have Kai hanging by the foot for 1 week and according to his plans, his torso will get longer.
If plan fails, Kai will be able to perform handstands for longer times.

Anyways, is a win win plan.

:49:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see what you mean Big Ben. Farah even said something about getting him healthy. They prolly were easy on the drugs compared to how he is planning on doing at the Olympia. Either way, as i mentioned before i cant see Kai being competitive for another 2 years, his gut is growing too much and his torso is too short to handle the mass. I agree though, he loses a lot of mass leading up to the show, if he is able to hold the mass he would squash everyone except for jay (who is wider then my room)

As much as i Like kai I definitely agree with you. Kais guts does seem to be getting out of control. I was displeased with his front double bicep. It reminded me of palumbo a bit, but not quite as extreme. I would love to see kai make me eat my words, and I am pulling for him to do so.

F

Freak

Congrats to Kai for such a successful showing... his hamstrings in all back poses were just the craziest things ever!
Craig was a big surpize for me... I never thought he would look this good... too bad judges went with Rockel, he was not as good as he was at the O and did not deserve to place ahead of Craig or Lionel B.
Lionel was fantastic... just plain fantastic!
I am really glad for Huh's placing, I was really very disappointed with his shenanigans in the last training video ... good that judges put him in his place... the only person who "needs to be ready" is Jason Huh.. sure he looked great next to his fridge in his kicthen and the teen training with him thaought the world of him... but thats no way near enough to succeed in Pro BBing this day and age! I am really really glad he got slapped in his face!

Regarding Huh, he didn't get no friggin slap in the face.He's jsut not recognized yet in pro bodybuilding, he will place higher, and he did look great. I don't friggin getpeople bashing im for his talk in the gym him saying "i hope theyre ready". What's wrong with being confident??? Imagine him walking around the gym and saying omg i hope ill be ready over and over again. wtf would that look like? I just think that you and a few other people were for some reason offended by his humorous talk in the gym which is retarded. I like when bodybuilders show some character in the videos and joke around, unlike others that dont say a single word, its just plain boring

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

_PB10545wtmkJPG-1.jpg

_PB10547wtmkJPG-1.jpg

_PB10553wtmkJPG-1.jpg

_PB10531wtmkJPG-1.jpg

_PB10535wtmkJPG-1.jpg

_PB10554wtmkJPG-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
As much as i Like kai I definitely agree with you. Kais guts does seem to be getting out of control. I was displeased with his front double bicep. It reminded me of palumbo a bit, but not quite as extreme.

Well well well! look who's not biased anymore haha. I never thought I'd see you posting what you just did lol.

I remember Tech posting a comparison between Kai's FDB vs Palumbo back in '09 I think, where I first noticed the few similarities in that pose. This is one of the reasons when I say I dislike his look, doesn't flow, not a fan ..etc (aka being a hater lmao)

367d1264517476-picture-layne-norton-post-2813-1222277748.jpg

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Regarding Huh, he didn't get no friggin slap in the face.He's jsut not recognized yet in pro bodybuilding, he will place higher, and he did look great. I don't friggin getpeople bashing im for his talk in the gym him saying "i hope theyre ready". What's wrong with being confident??? Imagine him walking around the gym and saying omg i hope ill be ready over and over again. wtf would that look like? I just think that you and a few other people were for some reason offended by his humorous talk in the gym which is retarded. I like when bodybuilders show some character in the videos and joke around, unlike others that dont say a single word, its just plain boring

You finding his talk "humorous" is retarded! I'm all for BBers being confident but there's a freakin very well drawn line between being confident and an arrogant asshole... your age is photoshopped isnt it? you really are 14.. like the kid Huh had on his side during the whole video, because he and you are the only two peopel (besides Huh off course) that enjoyed his " humorous talk"!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
A great show... so many people showed up in tip-top condition... too bad they did not get the lighting right!

• Kai looked great, his best showing IMO.
  • I'm very disaapointed to see Cedric, he should take a year off, becuase this is probablky hurting his (for lack of better word) credibilty!
  • Huh should shut the hell up and better look around and realize what he is up against ((f)uck all the "I dont know, I dont know.. I hope they are ready" s(h)it)
  • Sibil should get someone else for Roelly's contest prep... not even at ameature contests do BBers SO CONSISTENTLY lose body mass in last few days!
  • Beyeke was such a pleasent surprise, I hope he keeps at it!
  • Burneika did a "Dennis Wolfe)... his strength is freaky mass... he should not go overboard with diet!

x2, but I found what Huh said before the show, even funnier now! hahah.

What happened to Ben White? He was dead last. Hope he's not getting the palumboism syndrome..

My advice for Roelly, Curry and others who want to improve, is go to Farah lol! and as for the 202 results, I don't agree with Jose winning. He looks damn awful next to Flex.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
WORD tKD. Farah holds the magic stick now! (maybe that's why kai likes him so much.... you know..the stick..nevermind ("-_-)

I thought Flex was the winner, he was as big as Jose and with similar condition but with wat more separation and aesthetics.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i agree. good posing from Huh.

F

Freak

You finding his talk "humorous" is retarded! I'm all for BBers being confident but there's a freakin very well drawn line between being confident and an arrogant asshole... your age is photoshopped isnt it? you really are 14.. like the kid Huh had on his side during the whole video, because he and you are the only two peopel (besides Huh off course) that enjoyed his " humorous talk"!

about my age being shopped.. what are you talking about? what does that have to do with anything? youre not making any sense whatsoever...
"the only person who "needs to be ready" is Jason Huh.. sure he looked great next to his fridge in his kicthen and the teen training with him thaought the world of him... but thats no way near enough to succeed in Pro BBing this day and age! I am really really glad he got slapped in his face!"

so youre the expert now on how to succeed in pro bodybuilding? Explain to me please, in fact, why don't you quote, what exactly huh said that offended you since you now call him an arrogant asshole. youre a hater, plain and simple. That usually comes from being insecure.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well well well! look who's not biased anymore haha. I never thought I'd see you posting what you just did lol.

I remember Tech posting a comparison between Kai's FDB vs Palumbo back in '09 I think, where I first noticed the few similarities in that pose. This is one of the reasons when I say I dislike his look, doesn't flow, not a fan ..etc (aka being a hater lmao)

Um, you might not think so dogmatically. You are inferring that Kai always had a potential issue with his stomach and I had been ignoring it before. It is quite the opposite. When I look at Kai's physique in the FDB pose at the 2011 NY pro, and only in this pose so far, his aesthetics are not as pleasing as they once were. I do not think he ever had a problem before, at least never on stage. Now I can also attribute this to him not having as much mass as he normally does. Ronnie Coleman experienced the same effect on his physique in 2007 when he went from a very large physique in 2006 to a smaller one in 2007 and his aesthetics, his waist especially, were horrible. Future contests will tell how Kai's physique turns out. But if it makes you feel good inside feel free to mark the date when I gave criticism to Kai. I would have done so before had I ever saw the need.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
where can i see this video of Huh?im curious whats the fuzz about,besides that he did a nice posing routine and has great potential and leg development,

never mind guys i saw it,well he has an attitude but arrogant asshole may be too much..
i saw cedric's routine and it was boring,emo routines are lame,freaky muscular guys should pose to some loud music and leave the artistic crap

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Jason huh has so little seperation, his hamstrigs are tremendous but they look like one big muscle instead of strands of muscle. Too much fullness, not enough density.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
yup I fill you dilated, and look at his midsection.. yeah the guy pulls a vaccum in every pose... but there is no ab separation wich gives the impression of poor conditioning.

Zviko

Zviko

This guy stood out for me since he competed against Roelly in the Arnold Amateurs which I thought Lionel had It, Great potential seems to have made more progress than the other rising stars who were in the show.

Last edited: