• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Almost halfway through the year, anyone injured themself yet or almost?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what do you tink it is?

I won't be training today to see if I can recover this and feel better tomorrow.

I can move my shoulder up and down with no pain, it only hurts when I cross it to my chest.

it is better than last night but still hurts.

been icing it and using some Jointace.

I'm not that sort of doctor. Plus I'm not going to guess a diagnosis over the net, I have suspicions, but you should see an MD if you are actually in serious sharp pain.

Cork said:
I strained my lower back 3 months ago doing deadlifts way past fatigue. Stupid stupid stupid me, I could barely walk for 3 days. I always get pissed cause the only time I injure myself is when I do something stupid. I'm fully recovered though. Deadlifting to fix injuries from deadlifting is great rehab.

I was also flipping a tire for strong man and somehow strained my neck/upper trap on my right side a month ago. It was hurting pretty bad for a week but sleeping in a different position and not lifting heavy helped bring it back up to speed.

I average 1 major injury a year. I got my quota.

I was reading a study on powerlifting in Oceania and they were saying the average rate of injury that required time off or adjusted training to be 1.2 injuries per year (roughly 4.4 per 1000hrs). I was reading another study on sports injuries stating similar injuries per year (from less hours) at amateur levels.

Injuries are a reality of being active. Main thing is to be smart about them and not have them be really serious.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I'm not that sort of doctor. Plus I'm not going to guess a diagnosis over the net, I have suspicions, but you should see an MD if you are actually in serious sharp pain.

the pain is not a serious sharp pain, it hurts but it's bareable.

I'm following your advice either way.

Cork

Cork

I was reading a study on powerlifting in Oceania and they were saying the average rate of injury that required time off or adjusted training to be 1.2 injuries per year (roughly 4.4 per 1000hrs). I was reading another study on sports injuries stating similar injuries per year (from less hours) at amateur levels.

Now that's an interesting fact. I guess I am right on par.