• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Andy Bolton new Raw DL record 953 pounds.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
...5 weeks out from the Mr Olympia...

yeah, but that was with a suit and straps if i remember correctly. also, its still a substantial weight difference, considering that the higher u come the harder it gets. the difference between a 360 kg deadlift and a 430 kg deadlift is bigger than lets say a 200 kg vs a 270 kg. but hell yeah, ronnie could definetely have gone far in powerlifting had he pursued it.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah, but that was with a suit and straps if i remember correctly. also, its still a substantial weight difference, considering that the higher u come the harder it gets. the difference between a 360 kg deadlift and a 430 kg deadlift is bigger than lets say a 200 kg vs a 270 kg. but hell yeah, ronnie could definetely have gone far in powerlifting had he pursued it.

No suit, only straps.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
considering that the higher u come the harder it gets.

You are right on this, but I doubt straps give Ronnie more than a few pounds...

I don't know if he could have surpassed Andy Boldon, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be very far.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
You are right on this, but I doubt straps give Ronnie more than a few pounds...

I don't know if he could have surpassed Andy Boldon, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be very far.

Maybe...maybe not.

There are only 14 people in history who have pulled more than 900lb so its a pretty elite club at that level. 900 Pound Deadlift Hall of Fame | Powerlifting Watch

If Ron needed straps for 800 then I'd be dubious of his chances.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If Ron needed straps for 800 then I'd be dubious of his chances.

- He was 5 weeks out of the Mr O.
- He went stronger in 2003-2004.
- He is a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter.

Maybe you're right maybe I am, but hey, he could lift at least than 900.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is the vid of the guy who is second on the all time raw deadlift, Benedikt Magnusson (he was 21 y/o at the time of this lift).

I love his rhytmn/dance just before his lift.

970 pounds ~= 441kg

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
- He was 5 weeks out of the Mr O.
- He went stronger in 2003-2004.
- He is a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter.

Maybe you're right maybe I am, but hey, he could lift at least than 900.

Agreed, Ron would have smoked pretty much everybody if specialized even a little bit on 1RM's

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Here is the vid of the guy who is second on the all time raw deadlift, Benedikt Magnusson (he was 21 y/o at the time of this lift).

I love his rhytmn/dance just before his lift.

970 pounds ~= 441kg

21?! how old is he now?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Agreed, Ron would have smoked pretty much everybody if specialized even a little bit on 1RM's

As I said, don't so sure. The elite deadlift group is pretty small and although Ronnie was a size monster it might not have translated over to being a deadlift monster. Don't count your chickens before they deadlift.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
we can only speculate how ronnie could have done as a powerlifter but if ronnie trained as a powerlifter not a bodybuilder from the beginning i`m certain he would be able to perform much better in those lifts

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
we can only speculate how ronnie could have done as a powerlifter but if ronnie trained as a powerlifter not a bodybuilder from the beginning i`m certain he would be able to perform much better in those lifts
You can't be certain unless he actually performs said lift. Until then, you're just hurling speculation like Pollock hurls globs of paint.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
You can't be certain unless he actually performs said lift. Until then, you're just hurling speculation like Pollock hurls globs of paint.

It is only speculation but its safe to assume that if a person was cloned with the same genetics and one did bodybuilding while the other did powerlifting, chances are the powerlifter would have heavier lifts.