• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Andy Bolton new Raw DL record 953 pounds.

fdelval

fdelval

It is only speculation but its safe to assume that if a person was cloned with the same genetics and one did bodybuilding while the other did powerlifting, chances are the powerlifter would have heavier lifts.

right there, the speculation over another speculation
:turborun:

B

byku212121

In some new videos maybe with Branch,Brain Dobson sad that Ronnie DL 850, also before some mr.O??remember someone?So 800 wasn't his max...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
In some new videos maybe with Branch,Brain Dobson sad that Ronnie DL 850, also before some mr.O??remember someone?So 800 wasn't his max...

800 wasn't his max since he did 2 reps with it and 5 weeks out from the O.:bitelip:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can't be certain unless he actually performs said lift. Until then, you're just hurling speculation like Pollock hurls globs of paint.

how can you tell me that someone who doesnt train specifically for a certain lift will be as good at it as someone who does?
nuts-1.gif

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
how can you tell me that someone who doesnt train specifically for a certain lift will be as good at it as someone who does?
nuts-1.gif
Because you're assuming a lot of intangibles, injury notwithstanding.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so what.. the fact is if you train for a lift your going to be better at it then if you dont train for a lift

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Nobody said that he couldn't improve with deadlift specific training but the fact of the matter is that it is still speculation to suggest that he could make a +900lb pull.

And also, he used straps!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
so what.. the fact is if you train for a lift your going to be better at it then if you dont train for a lift
You said Ronnie would perform "much better" in those lifts and the man was already a weight-conscious trainer. The point wasn't about the SAID training principal or anything related to it, it was about Ronnie improving significantly on lifts that he already had high totals on and the intangibles that could delineate his progress had he gone a power lifting route.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Until then, you're just hurling speculation like Pollock hurls globs of paint.

Great line. Did you come up with that yourself? I might have to borrow it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Great line. Did you come up with that yourself? I might have to borrow it.
Not mine. A poster from a movie board dropped that gem in a debate once. I consider my use an homage.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
We are allowed to speculate... its so easy to shut down our comments by saying its only speculation but we already stated its speculation in the first place...

Name: Benedikt Magnússon
Born: June 4, 1983 (age 26)

I see. and he has not gotten stronger since?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
We are allowed to speculate... its so easy to shut down our comments by saying its only speculation but we already stated its speculation in the first place...
You can't speculate with certainty, which is the point I'm trying to make.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
isnt that like speculating with certainty that you cant speculate with certainty?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see. and he has not gotten stronger since?

I think he has not. That's his very best lift (and he's the second guy in the best deadlifters' ranking, behind Bolton).

Reactions: TalkAdmin