• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Australian Bodybuilder Calum von Moger is in rehab

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Calum von Moger, a three-time Mr Universe winner from Australia, has enrolled himself into a treatment clinic to combat his drug addiction.

"Some excellent news for you guys: Calum is on the mend," a member of von Moger's staff informed his supporters in an Instagram video message yesterday.

"He has been checked into a facility for a week now. That makes me really happy. It will be a lengthy journey. It's a lengthy procedure. Everyone who has struggled with addiction or has a family member who has struggled with addiction understands that it is a difficult path to go.

"However, we wanted to thank you on behalf of Calum." Calum expresses his thanks and gratitude for all of the good wishes, birthday greetings, cards, and presents.

"From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you." It was quite beneficial in getting him to where he is now, on the path to recovery.

"Regardless of how dark things have gotten recently, we'll continue to be a good light." I can tell you that 60% of what's out there is absolutely based on nothing. It's ridiculous. These dumb YouTubers, Instagrammers, and influencers who believe they can create a career for themselves by exploiting Cal. It's terrible to watch individuals behave in this manner.

"But we want to thank everyone who has been nice and given wonderful comments. Cal will be the subject of some major news later on.

"Right now, we don't know whether you'll hear from him in eight weeks, 12 weeks, six months, or a year." It is better for him to recuperate and go through this process.

"He continues to inspire, and he will continue to inspire, no matter what happens." But we appreciate it, and we'll have more news for you shortly. We apologize for the delay in getting a message to you, but I'm glad we can do so now. And you'll hear from us more often."

Calum von Moger

Von Moger's staff emphasized in the post's description that rehabilitation is "as vital in life as it is in bodybuilding."

"It's fantastic to see how much good there is in the world. A modest gesture or some nice words might mean the world to someone who is in a horrible situation. They have to come to us."

Von Moger avoided conviction last month in Melbourne Magistrates' Court after pleading guilty to narcotics possession, including methamphetamine and cannabis.

He appeared via video connection and with his arm in a sling, having sustained a major injury after he fell from a second-story window at his Geelong house on May 4. The 31-year-old had spine surgery and spent 11 days at Melbourne's Alfred Hospital.

Von Moger was detained on January 31, before the injury, when illegal substances were discovered in his automobile. He had been pulled up by police while driving without license plates.

He pled guilty in court to seven counts of drug possession, including methamphetamine, cannabis, testosterone cypionate, proviplex, and viaplex. He was compelled to contribute $500 to the court fund.

Bernard Campigli, the bodybuilder's lawyer, told the court that von Moger suffered from melancholy and was traumatized by a carjacking while living in Los Angeles. He returned home last year.

"Unfortunately, he quickly spiraled out of control." "He had used testosterone for a period of years... other medications entered the picture," Mr Campigli said.

He said that his client will participate in a rehabilitation program.

Von Moger was transported to the hospital by ambulance on May 4 after police were called to his residence in response to complaints of a man having a mental health crisis.

Before many police vehicles and ambulances arrived, nearby construction workers reported hearing shouting, screaming, and glass crashing.

Three windows were shattered and boarded up on both floors of the house, and glass fragments were found strewn underneath the broken windows.

The bodybuilder is most known for portraying Arnold Schwarzenegger in Bigger, an American comedy-drama released in 2018. He has 3.3 million Instagram followers and his own apparel business.

He grew raised in Anglesea, on Victoria's Surf Coast, with his five siblings. At about the age of 14, he began lifting weights there.

In 2011, he became the World Fitness Federation's Mr Universe for the first time in Austria. His other two championships came in 2014 and 2015.

He told The Australian at the time that one of his key aims was to "truly make a difference" and encourage youngsters to get out of the home and go to the gym.

He returned to Australia in October after spending time in Los Angeles.

In a Facebook post from a Sydney hotel quarantine, he claimed he had a difficult year, including the loss of his dog Rex, and that he missed Australia and was looking forward to "finally" visiting his friends and relatives in Victoria.

"I realize this seems insane," he said, "but a voice within told me it's time to give up my freedom and luxurious life in Los Angeles and return home."

The week before his hospitalization, von Moger changed the description of an emotional Instagram post in which he appealed for forgiveness from his supporters.

"Everyone has a history. We've all gone through difficult times. I confess that I made several mistakes. But I'm not interested in lingering on terrible memories from the past. All that matters to me is that I learn from my errors and grow as a person. "I'm doing my best to be strong, but I have bad days," he added.

Reactions: KaiGold
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's going on with this dude? When is he coming back?

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Calum Not Convicted​

Despite the tensions, Calum Von Moger escaped a conviction over the Melbourne road rage incident. The legal system, having analyzed the available evidence and circumstances, deemed it appropriate not to place a conviction on Von Moger's record. This decision has been a topic of discussion, with various individuals and entities weighing in with their perspectives.

Public Perception and Response​

The incident, like any involving a public figure, has elicited diverse reactions from the community. Supporters of Von Moger emphasize his otherwise positive influence in the fitness realm, pointing to his inspirational journey and accomplishments. On the other hand, some believe the incident should serve as a reminder of the importance of road safety and the potential consequences of confrontations.

Reactions: KaiGold
Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

The Rise of a Bodybuilding Legend​

Calum von Moger, a name synonymous with strength, resilience, and determination, has etched an indelible mark in the world of bodybuilding. Born in Geelong, Victoria, with Austrian and Dutch roots, von Moger's fascination with fitness burgeoned at a tender age. Growing up in central Victoria, he, alongside his brother, began their foray into bodybuilding in an old warehouse, equipped with nothing but rusty iron dumbbells and barbells. This humble beginning laid the foundation for what would become a remarkable journey in the world of bodybuilding.

Achievements That Defied Odds​

Von Moger's career skyrocketed as he claimed the prestigious title of Mr. Universe three times, a testament to his unwavering dedication and hard work. His sculpted physique and charismatic personality soon caught the eye of the film industry, leading to his portrayal of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 2018 American comedy-drama "Bigger". Additionally, von Moger featured in documentary films such as "Generation Iron 2" (2017) and "Calum Von Moger: Unbroken" (2019), further cementing his status as a bodybuilding icon.

Overcoming Physical Setbacks​

In April 2018, von Moger faced a major setback when he suffered a severe leg injury, tearing his quad off the bone. However, his indomitable spirit shone through as he embarked on a grueling recovery journey. Remarkably, just 2.5 years later, he triumphed in the NPC Mr. Universe competition, earning his pro card. This remarkable comeback not only showcased his physical strength but also his mental fortitude.

The Current Battle: Fighting for Life​

A Tragic Turn of Events​

Recently, von Moger's life took a harrowing turn. On May 6, he sustained serious spinal injuries, necessitating a major surgical intervention. Presently, von Moger is in a medically induced coma, fighting for his life. The news of his condition sent shockwaves through his fanbase, as they reminisced about his inspirational posts on Instagram, where he candidly shared his struggles and triumphs.

The Power of Support​

The bodybuilding community and fans worldwide have rallied in support of von Moger. Fellow bodybuilders and YouTubers, including Nick Trigilli, have expressed their hope for his recovery, highlighting von Moger's resilience. Fans have flooded his Instagram with messages of support, drawing strength from his past achievements and his unwavering spirit.

Navigating Legal Challenges​

Amidst his health battle, von Moger is concurrently facing legal troubles. In January, he was charged with possession of drugs of dependence, including methylamphetamine and cannabis. Additionally, he faces charges related to affray and criminal injury in a separate incident. These legal challenges add another layer of complexity to von Moger's current situation.

Who is Calum von Moger?​

Dubbed "Arnold 2.0", von Moger's journey is one of extraordinary talent and relentless pursuit of excellence. His career in bodybuilding, coupled with his ventures in the film industry, underscores a multifaceted personality who has continually pushed the boundaries.

A Legacy of Inspiration​

Despite the challenges he faces, von Moger's story remains a beacon of inspiration. His journey resonates with many who have faced adversities, symbolizing the power of resilience and the human spirit's capacity to overcome.

Conclusion​

Calum von Moger's life story is a poignant reminder of the highs and lows that come with a career in the spotlight. His current fight for life underscores the unpredictable nature of life and the importance of community support in times of crisis. As von Moger battles for his health, his legacy continues to inspire and motivate individuals around the globe.

Last edited by a moderator: