• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Battle of the Giants Coleman V Cutler 05 olympia prejudging

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my opinion, Jay rightfully won in 06. Victor should have taken 07, however. I would have been fine with either side in 05.

J

jdowg

i think jay wins in sound effects while posing

Cutler

Cutler

Go cutler!Jay should have 4 olympias!!!!!!.....01,05,06,07

F

fitmod066

i would say ronnie had a better chest, bi's, hams. But jay I felt had better front quad sweep, delts and tris. Almost a tie. But, ronnie had more mass back then.

F

fitmod066

that was an amazing posedown. btw I hope wolf and cutler have a posedown this entertaining at this years olympia!!!!!

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
did it today : D

2q83itu-1.gif

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay and Ronnie both looked huge and ripped that year, that was a great Mr O for sure. If Jay can bring that conditioning and size I think he will be the undisputed champion.. if he pulls another 07, or even 06' IMO.. he will lose or should lose.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay and Ronnie both looked huge and ripped that year, that was a great Mr O for sure. If Jay can bring that conditioning and size I think he will be the undisputed champion.. if he pulls another 07, or even 06' IMO.. he will lose or should lose.

Personally I thought he was better in 06 than 05. Better chest, back, and no signs of distention like in 05. However, his color was weird and the lighting sucked balls in 06, so maybe that's why you thought he looked worse?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you know what would be a great muscle combat? put 05 ronnie vs 06 ronnie and show a lot of back poses. i've looked at the photos many a time and am baffled at why ronnie was scored down so much in 06 and not in 05. imo his back looks almost exactly the same, so why did everyone just happen to "notice" it in 06? if he won in 05 with the lat issue and looking as great as he did, he should have taken it again in 06 as he was bigger in many other places with adequate conditioning and the same lat asymmetry he has had for years.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you know what would be a great muscle combat? put 05 ronnie vs 06 ronnie and show a lot of back poses. i've looked at the photos many a time and am baffled at why ronnie was scored down so much in 06 and not in 05. imo his back looks almost exactly the same, so why did everyone just happen to "notice" it in 06? if he won in 05 with the lat issue and looking as great as he did, he should have taken it again in 06 as he was bigger in many other places with adequate conditioning and the same lat asymmetry he has had for years.

absolutely true :xyxthumbs:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I made a thread once comparing Ronnie in 04 to Ronnie in 06 and the differences were pretty large (much better in 04). It's not the 05 comparison you wanted but it would give you a good idea how his back has deteriorated.

I think his left tri was worse in 06 and his back overall was lacking in 06. Check out the prejudging video- he hits a back lat spread and it goes quiet. I remember watching it the day of the O and everyone was like "omg wtf hapaned to his bak spred?" Plus he came in pretty watery in prejudging- particularly from the rear (check hams, glutes, and especially back).

Last edited by a moderator:
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great posts arcane. yeah you're right he does look far better in 04. and i must say his rear lat spread looks very watery and just not as impressive in 06.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh
now
i see
why i didnt make it in the 05

20r2vzq-1.jpg

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A few years ago who would have imagined that someone would have shoulders bigger than Ronnie... its unbelievable how much should width/bredth Jay has