• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bob Cicherillo and Chris Cormier top 10 Olympia Predictions

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Seriously, I don't get why people places Jay lower than 2nd being:

- 3 times Mr Olympia
- The current Mr Olympia
- The guy who finished in the top 2 for the last 8 times he was in the Olympia stage.

Is hate, just plain hate and ignorance.
Why does it have to be hate or ignorance? What ever happened to good ol' fashion wishful thinking? I don't disagree with your assessment about how well Jay will place, but, in the past, his success has been the subject of some controversy. Throw in the fact that, as kn609 hinted at, the Olympia is no longer the Jay and Ronnie show, and things should have the potential to be different this year, even if the judges won't allow such a thing to happen. I still think that it's Jay's show to lose this year but, unlike in years past, I think the potential for change is there.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Well said and that's just how I see it too.

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why roelly is placed so low?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Why roelly is placed so low?

Maybe cos its his first Olympia and he's never stood side to side with the top contenders before.. He can't be complaining if he's already making it into the top 10 predictions before ever stepping foot on the Olympia stage.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am honestly j looking forward to the show. All we can do is speculate and create arguments, but until we observe the Mr.Olympia it is all meaningless.

With that said I am really excited for the Olympia this year for two reasons. Kai and Phil both seem to be at their all time best and they both are genetically gifted. I really want to see what physiques are brought to the stage. Kai for the sheer size he carries on his frame, and Phil has Flex Wheeler like genetics, but has more mass than FLex ever had, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe cos its his first Olympia and he's never stood side to side with the top contenders before.. He can't be complaining if he's already making it into the top 10 predictions before ever stepping foot on the Olympia stage.

Yeah maybe but hes already beaten Wolf and its placed behind him, i call all this predictions bullshit

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Damn victors arms looked enormous in that vid.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the Olympia is no longer the Jay and Ronnie show

It wasn't a Jay vs Ronnie show in 2007,2008 and 2009 neither: Jay won 2 and placed second in these years.

I think the potential for change is there.

Why? Upcoming great bodybuilders? Vic was also the underdog in 2007 and he lose, Wolf was at his best in 2007 and he didn't win, etc.

I disagree about most of Jay's placings are controversial, I can see only one (2007 Mr Olympia) but even if I agreed with you statment (Jay's placings are controversial) it wouldn't make any difference: "Jay shouldn't have won this show. Ok, but IN FACT he won it". That's why I can't stand those "Jay's going to place lower that third".

This is bullshit and you know it's hate.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sorry to say, but some of your Jay arguments are so flawed.

It wasn't a Jay vs Ronnie show in 2007,2008 and 2009 neither: Jay won 2 and placed second in these years.
It seems like you didn't catch on to what Line was saying here. You are completely disregarding the fact that during these years, guys like Kai and Phil were just coming up and started making improvements. If you had actually read and understood my post earlier, you would see that I stated that it's possible for Jay to place out of the top 2 this year if he comes off because of Kai and Phil's improvements. The only reason Jay has been top 2 for the past years is because no one was good enough after Ronnie, but now Kai and Phil and have made amazing gains to be able to edge Jay over IF he come off. Having a logical opinion is not hate.

Why? Upcoming great bodybuilders? Vic was also the underdog in 2007 and he lose, Wolf was at his best in 2007 and he didn't win, etc.
Vic and Wolf at their best can't top out an off Jay, but Phil and Kai certainly can. You're comparing Vic and Wolf to Phil and Kai here. The latter are the better bodybuilders. Weak comparison here.

I disagree about most of Jay's placings are controversial, I can see only one (2007 Mr Olympia) but even if I agreed with you statment (Jay's placings are controversial) it wouldn't make any difference: "Jay shouldn't have won this show. Ok, but IN FACT he won it". That's why I can't stand those "Jay's going to place lower that third".
Maybe you can't stand it because you only see things through your own perspective. Jay placing lower than second the past years wasn't very likely at all, this year is different and you are not taking anything into account. You have to stop comparing this year's situation to past year's.

Once again it's not hate. Sure maybe it is for some people, but placing that assumption on everyone that disagrees with you is plain dumb and close-minded.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems like you didn't catch on to what Line was saying here. You are completely disregarding the fact that during these years, guys like Kai and Phil were just coming up and started making improvements. If you had actually read and understood my post earlier, you would see that I stated that it's possible for Jay to place out of the top 2 this year if he comes off because of Kai and Phil's improvements. The only reason Jay has been top 2 for the past years is because no one was good enough after Ronnie, but now Kai and Phil and have made amazing gains to be able to edge Jay over IF he come off. Having a logical opinion is not hate.

And I anwswered Jay beat GREAT bbs in the past 3 years. Vic is a great BB, I don't care if you can't see it. And Jay beat him in evry contest both were in, controversial or not. That's a fact and not a biased opinion. Kai improved and I hope he places second in the Mr Olympia, believe me, I love the guy, but you are once again forgetting about the size Jay has and the shape he displayed last year. Phil Heath is an amazing bodybuilder, of course, great shape, huge muscles, but I don't see any MAJOR improvements in his phisique... I see much improvement in Kai's body.

Vic and Wolf at their best can't top out an off Jay, but Phil and Kai certainly can. You're comparing Vic and Wolf to Phil and Kai here. The latter are the better bodybuilders. Weak comparison here.

Sorry, I can't remember Phil being second at the Mr Olympia or winning the ASC. Weak comparision in your eyes. Facts: Vic > Phil.

Maybe you can't stand it because you only see things through your own perspective. Jay placing lower than second the past years wasn't very likely at all, this year is different and you are not taking anything into account. You have to stop comparing this year's situation to past year's.

Oh, this year is different. Thank God you are a fortuneteller. Every year of course is different, but judging by pics Jay is looking as good as this past year, Kai improved but probably didn't make any drastic changes. Again, I don't see any mayor changes also in Phil's phisique. That means these two guys didn't overcome the distance Jay put last year between him and the rest of the field.

Once again it's not hate. Sure maybe it is for some people, but placing that assumption on everyone that disagrees with you is plain dumb and close-minded.

Man, stop the bullshitting. Would you put your money in Jay being 4th at the Mr Olympia this year? Don't make me laugh.

Last edited:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Correct, but the depth of field wasn't there and, even in the year Jay didn't win, it was only because he was off. The point was merely that it's no longer a two-man show and that the IFBB talent pool seems to be opening up a bit. Anyway, this is all irrelevant, as I agreed that Jay probably won't place outside the top 3 and will probably go on to win the show; I'm not arguing with your logic concerning his placement. I do take issue, however, with your assessment of those who predict Jay to finish outside the top 3. That's the crux of the matter here. There's other reasons why someone can predict him to place lower than third other than "hate" or "ignorance." Of course, this goes hand-in-hand with the whole "wishful thinking" part of my original post.
This also goes back to the "wishful thinking" thing, especially in terms of how the contest is judged. I'm of the opinion that this year's field features more legitimate threats to Jay's crown than the last few based on his challengers' ability to progress. I think the potential is there for more than two guys to show up looking better than Jay, even if I don't think it's very probable. Moreover, it's even less probable that the judges would reward more than two guys for showing up looking better than Jay (assuming they actually do). But still, some people don't like accepting this mindset, as it's pretty defeatist, and base their predictions around what, in their mind, completely impartial judging could produce. Now, do I know that this is how Chris went about making his list? Of course not! Just as you don't know that he's being a "hater."
I said his placings have been subject to some controversy. I did not use the word "most" and even went out of my way to word my post delicately - adding the qualifier "even if the judges won't allow such a thing to happen" - so you didn't confuse my point. This is not the issue here. You're merely cherry-picking parts of my post and commenting on them, rather than acknowledging the broader point.
No, it may be hate, but I can't know it is and neither can you, especially in the face of other viable options/mindsets. Stop throwing a pity parade for Mr. Olympia because someone predicted he would finish outside the top 3. These lists mean nothing and change nothing, yet you're positing negative qualities onto people based on them.

Last edited:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No, it may be hate, but I can't know it is and neither can you, especially in the face of other viable options/mindsets. Stop throwing a pity parade for Mr. Olympia because someone predicted he would finish outside the top 3. These lists mean nothing and change nothing, yet you're positing negative qualities onto people based on them.

I agree, they aren't important at all, but I find hard to believe why Cormier and Cicherillo, bodybuilders who have been around for ages, eould put their money in Jay being out of the top 3 this year. I only found 3 possible explanations:

1. They should say something controversial, they are in a mag.
2. They are ignorants (and they are not, so I forget about this one).
3. They hate Jay.

I'm sure now I got your point and you'll get mine. ;)

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vic looks pretty damn good in that video...legs appear to have come up.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
No. You couldn't have gotten my point if you're still making yours. The magazine explanation is viable, though this contradicts - tonally as well as logically - your previous statement of "This is bullshit and you know it's hate." While I'm glad you've broadened your list of possible reasons by one, there are still more possibilities that you haven't accounted for because you cannot see the world from someone else's perspective. The truth is, we can speculate, but you can't really know their reasoning, which is why it's ridiculous to call it hate.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe some Olympia prediction betting in the future between MVSF1 and KN609???

Btw, KN609, 609 isn't your area code is it? If so, I'm from Jersey as well!

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree, they aren't important at all, but I find hard to believe why Cormier and Cicherillo, bodybuilders who have been around for ages, eould put their money in Jay being out of the top 3 this year. I only found 3 possible explanations:

1. They should say something controversial, they are in a mag.
2. They are ignorants (and they are not, so I forget about this one).
3. They hate Jay.

Maybe they just love Phil and Kai more, lol.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And I anwswered Jay beat GREAT bbs in the past 3 years. Vic is a great BB, I don't care if you can't see it. And Jay beat him in evry contest both were in, controversial or not. That's a fact and not a biased opinion. Kai improved and I hope he places second in the Mr Olympia, believe me, I love the guy, but you are once again forgetting about the size Jay has and the shape he displayed last year. Phil Heath is an amazing bodybuilder, of course, great shape, huge muscles, but I don't see any MAJOR improvements in his phisique... I see much improvement in Kai's body.
Of course I see that Victor is a great BB, no doubt about that. But I think Phil at 100% is better than Vic was at 07. Phil's conditioning is just way out of Vic's league. If the guy brought on some serious conditioning and brought up his legs, I believe Vic has more potential than anyone. You are also forgetting the size and shape Kai has (which is not far behind Jay at all), not to mention conditioning. Kai was not nearly at his best at last year's O.

Sorry, I can't remember Phil being second at the Mr Olympia or winning the ASC. Weak comparision in your eyes. Facts: Vic > Phil.
No, weak comparison in your eyes, you only look at things through your own perspective, no surprise there. Hm, could you at least remember that Phil was sick last year? At the finals when he was feeling much better, Phil looked better than everyone else besides Jay. And the battle between Kai and Phil at the ASC were VERY close and it probably came out to what the judges preferred that day.

Oh, this year is different. Thank God you are a fortuneteller. Every year of course is different, but judging by pics Jay is looking as good as this past year, Kai improved but probably didn't make any drastic changes. Again, I don't see any mayor changes also in Phil's phisique. That means these two guys didn't overcome the distance Jay put last year between him and the rest of the field.
I think you keep forgetting how both of the two did not come in good condition last year at the O.

Man, stop the bullshitting. Would you put your money in Jay being 4th at the Mr Olympia this year? Don't make me laugh.
First off, by asking "would you put your money..." is completely irrelevant and it looks like you completely missed what point I was trying to make. I never said Jay won't be in the top 2 or 3 this year, stop making blind accusations. What I DID say was that it is possible for this to happen, assuming Jay comes off and Kai and Phil are at their best. Heck, I have my money that Jay will win the O this year. Just because I think it's POSSIBLE for him to place out of the top 2 does NOT mean I think he will.

Every argument I see you get into concerning Jay, it seems like you always miss the point. So I won't be surprised if you don't get mine either, though I apologize if I didn't make it clear.

I do not hate on any bodybuilder that will be in this year's O, EXCEPT Branch Warren. Jay's a great bodybuilder, but just because I say it's possible for him to place out of the top 2 with a logical reason does not mean I hate him or am against him in any way.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Cutlerite zealotry is funny.