• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding Myths

Cork

Cork

Alright, that's what I figured the deal was with milk. Stupid "gurus" are stuck in the way of "it worked in the past for so and so, so it has to be right." And along those lines, the belief that fasted cardio is so awesome frustrates me. And people claiming weightlifting belts prevent hernias, when in fact belts can increase the chance of hernias.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ What do you mean fasted cardio? fasted as in starved or lack of food? If thats the case then a lot of people say that because you have less or (during low carb or keto) extremely low glycogen in your system so you use more fats as energy during your cardio.

oldez

oldez

Fasted (as in don't eat breakfast) morning steady state cardio is one of the dumbest bodybuilding myths. People say that because you haven't eaten anything during the night your glygocen storages are low and therefore you burn more fat. The thing is that you really don't use any glycogen during sleep. So your glygocen storages are as high as they were when you went to bed. Fasted morning cardio is in fact catabolic. The fact that you have low aminoacids in your blood means that you'll burn off your muscles. Always eat before morning cardio, but keep it low carb and keep your insuin low (so no whey protein). Eat meat, low carb veggies, eggs and so forth.

Steady state cardio is the worst kind of cardio for a bodybuilder. Intervals (especially HIIT) have been proven to be far superior to stedy state cardio in numerous studies when it comes to fat burning and building muscle. That is why sprinters are ripped and muscular and marathon runners are what they are. HIIT is sickening, but do want to be a marathong runner or a bodybuilder?

marathoner_sprinter2-1.jpg

marathonervssprinterfemale-1.jpg

Last edited:
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fasted (as in don't eat breakfast) morning steady state cardio is one of the dumbest bodybuilding myths. People say that because you haven't eaten anything during the night your glygocen storages are low and therefore you burn more fat. The thing is that you really don't use any glycogen during sleep. So your glygocen storages are as high as they were when you went to bed. Fasted morning cardio is in fact catabolic. The fact that you have low aminoacids in your blood means that you'll burn off your muscles. Always eat before morning cardio, but keep it low carb and keep your insuin low (so no whey protein). Eat meat, low carb veggies, eggs and so forth.

Steady state cardio is the worst kind of cardio for a bodybuilder. Intervals (especially HIIT) have been proven to be far superior to stedy state cardio in numerous studies when it comes to fat burning and building muscle. That is why sprinters are ripped and muscular and marathon runners are what they are. HIIT is sickening, but do want to be a marathong runner or a bodybuilder?

marathoner_sprinter2-1.jpg

marathonervssprinterfemale-1.jpg

First, sprinters implement weight training. They need muscle mass and strenght in order to be successful.

Second, in the morning, liver glycogen levels have lowered, in muscles they have'nt.

oldez

oldez

First, sprinters implement weight training. They need muscle mass and strenght in order to be successful.
What I just did is called exaggeration to make a point.

Second, in the morning, liver glycogen levels have lowered, in muscles they have'nt.
Sure, but the difference is minimal especially when compared to low carb diet. The reasoning behing fasted morning cardio is false. It just does not make sense.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Its about the glycogen in your liver, not muscles. Though you may be right. During a keto diet or low carb, it would be great to go for a low intensity cardio session immediately after waking up so you dig into your fat sources at a faster rate, plus if you have too much glycogen in your system then you will burn some of it and deplete your stores sooner.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its about the glycogen in your liver, not muscles. Though you may be right. During a keto diet or low carb, it would be great to go for a low intensity cardio session immediately after waking up so you dig into your fat sources at a faster rate, plus if you have too much glycogen in your system then you will burn some of it and deplete your stores sooner.
He's not bashing low-intensity cardio, he's bashing steady-state cardio such as running. Personally, I don't see how people do steady-state cardio for an hour straight anyway, it's boring. Time goes by so much faster doing 1-2 minutes of high intensity, then 1-2 minutes of low intensity intervals.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Yeah i see that but my response was due to his comments on fasted cardio. What do u think on the matter, Flex?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah i see that but my response was due to his comments on fasted cardio. What do u think on the matter, Flex?
I believe cardio postworkout and in the morning each have their pros and cons. As for which is better is debatable.

I would never do "fasted" cardio upon wakening, I think it's best to get a small protein meal (20-40 grams) and some BCAA's before cardio in the morning. Probably best to leave out the carbs until after your exercise is done, because the sugar in the blood and release of insulin could blunt some of the fat loss.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I believe cardio postworkout and in the morning each have their pros and cons. As for which is better is debatable.

I would never do "fasted" cardio upon wakening, I think it's best to get a small protein meal (20-40 grams) and some BCAA's before cardio in the morning. Probably best to leave out the carbs until after your exercise is done, because the sugar in the blood and release of insulin could blunt some of the fat loss.

what about the cons of cardio post workout?

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

The truth behind hany rimbjob ehm hany rambod program is as simple as it gets: fascia stretch and thus muscle belly expansion through the use of SEO, carbs/bcaa/creatine mid workout drink plus insulin, nothing much new at all. The usage of insulin was already advocated by Sarcev himself, which is well known for working with supersets and giant sets for maximum pump and enhance the blood flow to muscle granting a faster shuttle of nutrients to them. Rambod fsbull**** 7 is essentially a short rest giant set, yeah big improvement in the weight lifting