• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Brandon Curry! - finally delivers.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

If you wanna take a look at a guy who has Mr. O potential you should've picked up Shawn Rhoden
_PB11173wtmk_UIAZTNNCIHJPG-1.jpg

_PB11187wtmk_JBUZRHAAKGJPG-1.jpg

_PB11191wtmk_ZWSOXOYWJRJPG-1.jpg

_PB11201wtmk_GWTJWZLUHVJPG-1.jpg

_PB11205wtmk_OJTJMJXFLSJPG-1.jpg

This guy has far more potential than the so much hyped "Prodigy" the man has been selled as the next big thing in the sport and since then he's been more like a fail

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
If you wanna take a look at a guy who has Mr. O potential you should've picked up Shawn Rhoden

This guy has far more potential than the so much hyped "Prodigy" the man has been selled as the next big thing in the sport and since then he's been more like a fail

Bro.... Fail???

top8 at his very first O is a fail ?

Bro this guy has the very best genetics to be a great competitor in the sport, aesthetics full muscle bellies, tremendous upper body including back! and still a lot of space on his frame to improve.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great post, HW. That guy you posted is way better than Curry. Look at that latspread, for God's sake. He's a little bigger than your wonderboy, he's far more conditioned and separated (WAY MORE!). Oh, and he's not blocky at all and his waist is smaller than Curry's.

Stop being blind. Curry is, at this moment, a mid-field bodybuilder. You could tell Phil would be Mr Olympia back in 2008 after 4-5 years of bodybuilding. Tell me you are as impressed with 2011 Curry as you were 3 years ago with Phil. If so, holy mother of God, why I'm bothering to post this.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
you didn't see any post of mine mentioning Curry could be Mr.O

But sorry he can be a top competitor, and he is better than shawn at this stage. 8th place and 11th at the O... not much arguing to do...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
From Curry to Mvsf1 with love,

_PB25155wtmk_WWIXHSQXIJJPG-1.jpg

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Sorry man but if you look at their early careers stage, Rhoden came back after 7 years of not competing, took 1st in the heavys at the NA Championships plus overall, turned Pro, first competition was the ESS and took 16th, next year he took 3rd and qualified for the O at his 2nd Pro show, and took 11th at the O, even tough he might have entered top 10
easy if you look clearly at his picture. Brandon Curry became the NPC USA Overall champion with a lay of water covering him, underdeveloped legs, just out of the MEGA-HYPE from BSN and papa Joe Weider, and in 3 years he managed to qualify for the O and took 8th after being busy in shooting commercials for BSN and training vids and still with underdeveloped legs. 3 years and his legs are still NPC mid-level competitor level, wasn't for his conditioning, he was not gonna be in the top 10, I can swear. In a bbing contest a man with subpar legs compared to upper body usually loose many points, victory ain't made by structure and lines only, otherwise Branch or other guys would have never been in top 10. Rhoden his less heavy than Curry in terms of weight and has made better progress than him, without being hyped and supported financially as he is. Strucuturally wise Rhoden is more balanced and complete, he lacks some back thickness and overall he needs some more size, conditioning wise he's already good, not good for top 6, but not that far, especially considering the current lineup, the only real conditioned guys were Phil, Jay, Vic and Dennis, Rockel looked good but his body needs a BIG REST, the guy has been competing for almost a whole year, he should give his body a break, cause he seems maxed out. Curry has potential but still locked on weaknesses, Rhoden is pulling it out. That's the difference.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From Curry to Mvsf1 with love,

_PB25155wtmk_WWIXHSQXIJJPG-1.jpg

I'll give you he looks better in that pic you posted than in anyone I've seen of him, but anyway, I know you can see his conditioning wasn't the best. This REALLY looks conditioned, separated and balanced to me. Give me that, you know about bodybuilding.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

Curry kills him from the back - KILLS HIM.

and he is as conditioned as Shawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Let's just say that both of them have the potential. Hell, in my opinion Cedric McMillan STILL has the biggest potential than them ALL! For now we will wait and see how it goes, and who will go up to the top faster.

Curry Wins!

LOOOOOL

The only one who comes somewhat close to Sergio in this pose. (and no, no one will beat Segio here imo). Oh, and don't say Lee Priest is great in this victory pose as well, cus all he has are the arms (forearms, bis, tris) but nothing close to that taper, lats..etc.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^^

second that...

where Big Cedric right now? I've heard that Muscletech dropped him..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
where Big Cedric right now? I've heard that Muscletech dropped him..

Yep he's no longer with Muscletech, and changed his training style, doing DC now.

some updates from his Q&A on MD:

I'm gonna train with Dante directly... Im not sure what he has planned for this offseason. I like the fact that he accepts my input. I'm gonna try to go see him once a month and train with him too... I'm more of a face to face person. I'm looking forward to everything
I still feel real good about the future. I gotta come up with a solid plan to be able to do BBing plus my job. Its hard to compete at the pro level with such a stressful job. Hopefully one day i can get an easier position but if not, until bodybuilding can support my family and my career, i have to keep working and sponsor myself, while trying to improve my physique
Right I'm doing 100g protein/100g carbs every 3 hours. Ground beef and pasta or chicken and pasta

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^

DC... meh..

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
100 protein every 3 hours? Let's assume he is awake 16 hours a day, he eats every 3 hours, so he eats 6 times a day... 600grams of protein per day, like Big Ron in his prime and Kai Greene everyday. That's a crazy amount of food.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

No disrepect to Cedric, but man, this is a load of bull****. You turn Pro, you get a MT Sponsorship which means, money, free supps, and financial and logistic support and you get dropped cause of your job? Cedric should've dropped out of the army and work as a high payed personal trainer right after the MT contract, and focus on Pro career. I mean turning Pro ain't somethin' easy to achieve, then you get dropped by MT, before he had family issues which made him loose a ton of size, man I might be a bit maniac or wacko in saying this, but I won't stop a no damn reason if I turned Pro and had a big endorsement contract to do my best, no girlfriend, no wife, no beer with friends, nothin' man, with Cedric's genetic, not focusing on Pro career is like Mohammed Al? choosing table tennis instead of boxing...bah...I still wish him the best, and hopefully he'll become top 6 competitor, the guy is Coleman level genetics potentially

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I agree with Heavyweight, he will never reach his potential with such a hindrance. he's ****ing up

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I agree with Heavyweight. Rhoden has shown that he can improve DRASTICALLY... Brandon Curry has managed to improve his conditioning and legs and it took him how many years? IDK guys. I can see Rhoden being so far ahead of Brandon within 3 years but i see Lionel Beyeke squashing both of them.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
No disrepect to Cedric, but man, this is a load of bull****. You turn Pro, you get a MT Sponsorship which means, money, free supps, and financial and logistic support and you get dropped cause of your job? Cedric should've dropped out of the army and work as a high payed personal trainer right after the MT contract, and focus on Pro career. I mean turning Pro ain't somethin' easy to achieve, then you get dropped by MT, before he had family issues which made him loose a ton of size, man I might be a bit maniac or wacko in saying this, but I won't stop a no damn reason if I turned Pro and had a big endorsement contract to do my best, no girlfriend, no wife, no beer with friends, nothin' man, with Cedric's genetic, not focusing on Pro career is like Mohammed Al? choosing table tennis instead of boxing...bah...I still wish him the best, and hopefully he'll become top 6 competitor, the guy is Coleman level genetics potentially

maybe he values family more. and that's the right thing when you have kids.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Btw guys, about Shawn Rhoden's age, since he's kinda "hiding" it on FB, his website and bb.com's profile, he's 36 y/o going on 37 next year.

Was 27 y/o back in 2002 when he competed at the USA's, so now at 36-37 I don't think he will improve as much, as other younger guys can. IMO he will be consistent as Toney Freeman, but at this age I don't see him being the next bing thing. So yeah Curry at 28, has the potential to be better. Depends only by him.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Btw guys, about Shawn Rhoden's age, since he's kinda "hiding" it on FB, his website and bb.com's profile, he's 36 y/o going on 37 next year.

Was 27 y/o back in 2002 when he competed at the USA's, so now at 36-37 I don't think he will improve as much, as other younger guys can. IMO he will be consistent as Toney Freeman, but at this age I don't see him being the next bing thing. So yeah Curry at 28, has the potential to be better. Depends only by him.

BOOOOOOOOYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

CURRY WINS. FATALITY!

Mike33

Mike33

I have always belived Brandon can become something great, maybe not Mr.O! But at least top 5. I think he has a very bright future a head of hm :)
He's young also, so that's to his advantage!