• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cincinnati Open 2021

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The round of 64 had started and it is a surprise that former world #1 Simona Halep is seeded 12th. It looks like the injury that she suffered had affected her world ranking hence the low seeding for her in the Cincinnati open. Halep had missed several tournaments that prevented her to earn points to maintain her world ranking. But definitely Halep is out to regain her high ranking in this tournament.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Simona Halep is still hounded by her injury. She retired without starting her match with Jessica Pegula in the round of 32. Another casualty is #3 seed Aryna Sabalenka who was waylaid by Paula Badosa also in the round of 32 in 3 sets 5-7, 6-2, 7-6.

In the men’s singles, the top 3 seeds are going to the round of 16 – top seed Daniil Medvedev, #2 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas, #3 seed Alexander Zverev.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the round of 16 top seed Ashleigh Barty breezed past Victoria Azarenka 6-0, 6-2. Barty will meet French Open champion Barbora Kreijcikova who bested Garbine Muguruza in 3 sets 6-1, 7-6, 6-2. The 2nd seed Naomi Osaka suffered an upset by Jil Teichmann 3-6, 6-3, 6-3.

In the men’s singles, top seed Daniil Medvedev will square off with Pablo Carreno Busta in the quarterfinals while Stefanos Tsitsipas will meet

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is the casting of the semi-final matches…
1) Top seed Ashleigh vs Angelique Kerber
2) #4 seed Karolina Pliskova vs Jil Teichmann

In the men’s singles…
1) Top seed Daniil Medvedev vs #4 Andrey Rublev
2) #2 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas vs #3 seed Alexander Zverev

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a very close battle between Alexander Zverev and Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas in the semi finals. Zeverev won the 1st set and Tsitsipas rebounded in the 2nd set. The 3rd set was decided by a tie-break of 7-4 in favor of Zverev. In the other match Andrey Rublev waylaid his compatriot top seed Daniil Medvedev in 3 sets. Rublev and Zverev will meet in the finals.

In the women’s singles giant killer Jil Teichmann will square off with world #1 Ashleigh Barty in the finals after beating Karolina Pliskova.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Finals result.
Top seed Ashleigh Barty showed her power once again by cruising past giant killer Jil Teichmann 6-3, 6-1 to claim the championship trophy of the Cincinnati Open 2021.

In the men’s singles, Olympic gold medalist Alexander Zverev seemed to have a repeat by beating Andrey Rublev in 2 sets 6-2, 6-3.
The Cincinnati Open is the preparation for the US Open in New York by the end of August. Barty is again the top seed with Aryna Sabalenka and Naomi Osaka behind her.

R

Robert

Very impressive tournament from Zverev, definitely showed mental strength and proved himself out there through each round