• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Daily log of things that annoy you IN THE GYM

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Old skinny men:
At 50-60 years old, your place isn't the gym, you're skinny and weak, what makes you think you could improve now, using wrong forms, no full rom, and the most funny part always the same excersise.They also keep a newspaper around and read it and comment about it.You wanna read and chat go to a bar and don't waste space and oxygen in the gym.

Yep, Tim was right, you're the gym arsehole.

Tell you what, how about you go and help out one of these helpless old blokes one of these days. Set him on the right path. :thumbsup2:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I see everyday these guys, with little muscle and little strength, rack like 4 plates and a 25 on each side of a hammerstrength chest machine and bouncing it off the machine and yelling like a mad man.... and on a flat bench they either barely bench 2 plates if that even.

Some people think that lifting tons of weight no matter how u get it up is a real workout, i been curling the 50's for a year and a half and i recently went up to 55's because i just now feel like i can get a good contraction with those dumbells. My biceps were growing that year and a half of curling the 50's and i didnt wanna swing them up so i was set.

Also there are poeple who curl the 45's or more on the preacher curl and barely go 1/3 of the ways down and come back up ( without going through the hardest part of the curl) and they think they are stronger than shit when they cant even concentrate curl the 40 dumbells... or 30 lbs for that matter.

co05

co05

stop getting changed inside the house of mirrors :(

No way, man. My gym has a bunch of those dudes, too. One of them was standing next to the sinks using the head-air-drier completely naked facing the sinks. Washing my hands was never so awkward.

Oh, and there was also the guy who walked 30 feet from the shower to his locker completely naked, dong freely flapping in the wind. I mean, come on, at least put on a towel.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Blokes drying their balls with the hairdryers are pretty off-putting. Thankfully there are no hairdryers at my new gym.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Yep, Tim was right, you're the gym arsehole.

Tell you what, how about you go and help out one of these helpless old blokes one of these days. Set him on the right path. :thumbsup2:

Cause It's not my duty, the instructor should tell you when you're wrong, but here, instructors mostly try to bang chicks instead of working.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I hate when people talk to me in my gym. I don't mind them saying hello but then they try and have a full blown convo with me! I'm thinking "what the fuck can i do now, he's got me" so i begin my set (main set this is) and he's still blabberin on about some bullshit I couldnt care less about and i didnt even listen because i was doing my set! they eventually get the message and say nicely "i'll talk to ya later kidda" (patronising twats)

To aviod this from happening i just walk in my gym with my gaze on the floor or bang in my earphones aswell.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cause It's not my duty, the instructor should tell you when you're wrong, but here, instructors mostly try to bang chicks instead of working.

It's not my job to pick up trash or close fridge doors in the shopping centre, I still do it.

You are quite willing to complain about these people but not willing to help them. Don't you understand that you are part of the problem if you are not helping to make things better?!? :soapbox:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate guys who wear hats in the gym, everywhere u see hats dropeed in the floor, they take them off for a set on a bench..just dont bring the hat!?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I hate when people talk to me in my gym. I don't mind them saying hello but then they try and have a full blown convo with me! I'm thinking "what the fuck can i do now, he's got me" so i begin my set (main set this is) and he's still blabberin on about some bullshit I couldnt care less about and i didnt even listen because i was doing my set! they eventually get the message and say nicely "i'll talk to ya later kidda" (patronising twats)

To aviod this from happening i just walk in my gym with my gaze on the floor or bang in my earphones aswell.

Fucking agreed.

The way I get through it is wearing all black, going to the farest corner of the gym that the exercise permits, and head down with ipod up loud. If you can find a band shirt of a obvious Death Metal band then people with steer clear of you I've found :p

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More of a story ,but annoying anyways:
This happened last spring.I went to train legs to a gym when packed didnt have lot of weights to use.This older gentleman was doing leg presses and i saw whole sled full with weights about 450kg/1000lbs and i was confused to say atleast:bitenails: I was waiting to get couple of 20s ,so i can start warming up in the squat ,so i assumed that this was his last set(yrly) ,but guess again..he did 20 reps with shortest ROM ive ever seen anyone do and after the set he goes to ask a gentlemen who was finished benching for more weights:thumbsup2:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
HAHA, Lionheart, good to see you posting again :D

co05

co05

I saw something today that just made me HAVE to update this thread.

I went to the seated calf machine to push out a few sets. The machine is on the other side of the gym, opposite of the racks and next to the benches. I began unloading some plates when I noticed someone used a bumper plate to load the machine. A bumper plate.

I mean, what the fuck? How stupid and inconsiderate can people get? There's dozens of normal 45s and someone loaded the SEATED CALF MACHINE with a BUMPER PLATE. Jesus Christ, someone could have been using those for cleans or something more productive than a seated calf raise...

FUCK.

Of course, I took the bumper plate back to the racks because I was certain that had I left it there, some dink was going to load up the bench press with it.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great thread. I grunt on really heavy reps but not like screaming i just feel like i can get the rep out and it motivates me to lift to failure, mental thing for me.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw something today that just made me HAVE to update this thread.

I went to the seated calf machine to push out a few sets. The machine is on the other side of the gym, opposite of the racks and next to the benches. I began unloading some plates when I noticed someone used a bumper plate to load the machine. A bumper plate.

I mean, what the fuck? How stupid and inconsiderate can people get? There's dozens of normal 45s and someone loaded the SEATED CALF MACHINE with a BUMPER PLATE. Jesus Christ, someone could have been using those for cleans or something more productive than a seated calf raise...

FUCK.

Of course, I took the bumper plate back to the racks because I was certain that had I left it there, some dink was going to load up the bench press with it.

At my old uni gym there were only two sets of bumpers and only the 15kg plates survived. Everyone used the bumpers for bench, because they looked bigger and heavier than a standard 20kg plate......

co05

co05

Haha, I see that shit, too.

But what's worse is when I can't get a squat/deadlift rack because someone's using two bars and both the platform and rack to superset squats and power cleans for 135lbs and 95lbs each.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^Lol

I hate thinking I'm pretty good lifting my 150kg squats while sick but then having the beast next door front squat 300kg.

:(

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
College gym:

-Kids using the the power racks for curls

-Shitty form all over the place

-Weights/dumbbells left out on the floor

-People doing multiple exercises around the gym one after the other and thinking it's okay to hog a bench press, power rack, dumbbells, and normal weight bench all at the same time

-not racking weights

Also, not long ago, I see a guy trying to do front squats with what I knew would be too much weight. First set, he unracks it and does 2 slow 1/8 reps.

Second set, he gets one 1/8 rep.

Third set (attempt, more accurately), he barely unracks it and drops the weight before managing a single 1/8 rep. I thought he was done at this point.

Nope, trial number 4. He puts the bar back up, puts the same weight back on, and then he couldn't even unrack it. He then took the weight off and walked out...