• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Deadlift - Shoe's or bare feeted?

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shoes and a thong, thats it.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
For deadlifts I think Chucks pwn all but I also lift barefoot and with a pair of capris (I think) that have next to no sole thickness.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got some flat kappa shoes, squat and deadlift in those.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that everyone who has owned or does own a pair says they are worth every penny (from my research into buying a pair).

The hard part is sizing considering that you have to order them online.

i use weightlifting shoes for squats and they are worth every penny imo.

allthough they are not a must i can definitely recommend buying a pear.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i use asics running shoes or DC skating shoes or some flat puma shoes... i dont really care either way, it all feels the same to me since i have really bad flatfoot.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i use asics running shoes or DC skating shoes or some flat puma shoes... i dont really care either way, it all feels the same to me since i have really bad flatfoot.

Ditch the running shoes. They were made for running not lifting.

Cork

Cork

For consideration to the OP, let's stay on topic and not start talking about fruit.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For consideration to the OP, let's stay on topic and not start talking about fruit.
Be careful when you mention fruits, you might attract the Kai Greene haters. :rofl3:

dilatedmuscle said:
Like Tim said, don't use running shoes for lifting, they're meant for running for a reason. They are practically the complete opposite of what you should be lifting in.

Hey Tim, do you think the Chuck Taylors work well with Olympic lifts, too?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Tim, do you think the Chuck Taylors work well with Olympic lifts, too?

My previous shoe was very similar to a Chuck Taylor. They are ok to do the O'lifts in but I can see why most weightlifting shoes have a heel on them. As an allround lifting shoe Chuck's are hard to beat. But there is a reason O'lifters have their shoes, I'm using Frees as a compromise for that.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have really noticed a difference deadlifting in socks only (barefoot basically) Squats I prefer flat foot shoes to barefoot.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have really noticed a difference deadlifting in socks only (barefoot basically) Squats I prefer flat foot shoes to barefoot.

Actually I like training barefoot, but I really do appreciate shoes more when squatting heavy than deadlifting. Deadlifting feels very natural in barefeet, squatting I often feel like I prefer having the shoes on.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I like training barefoot, but I really do appreciate shoes more when squatting heavy than deadlifting. Deadlifting feels very natural in barefeet, squatting I often feel like I prefer having the shoes on.

Squatting barefoot should have advatage by strenghtening the foot area right? I remember when I first started squatting barefoot I had nice pump in my calfs and foot area. Haven't used any shoes since the beginning of june and I love it!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Squatting barefoot should have advatage by strenghtening the foot area right? I remember when I first started squatting barefoot I had nice pump in my calfs and foot area. Haven't used any shoes since the beginning of june and I love it!

Strengthen, get the foot more mobile, improve biofeedback, improve proprioception, etc.

Like a I hinted at above the limitation of barefoot is down to the fact that we have trained ourselves to wear shoes since we were kids. So suddenly changing that, especially for people with high arches, can be an issue.

cereal

cereal

weighlifting shoes ftw!

V

vdawg

flip flops for me hahahah

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I don't deadlift barefoot because I deadlift Sumo style... although the chucks aren't much protection, they do help a bit if I dump the weight on my foot.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't deadlift barefoot because I deadlift Sumo style... although the chucks aren't much protection, they do help a bit if I dump the weight on my foot.

Yep, nothing worse than blood, skin and bone all over the gym floor. Much better to keep that in your shoes.

I seem to be alternating between deadlifting barefoot or in shoes at the moment. Doesn't make much of a difference for me. I only notice it when I go to do calves afterwards, which I really need shoes on for.

TM817

TM817

deadlift-bare feet. everything else-always boots.

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

i just wanted to point out that I believe its barefoot not barefeet. thats about all I could contribute to the discussion