• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dennis Wolf speaks about the NYP and gurus..

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
does it really matter if he says nichols or nicholls?

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

Very important ;-)

Cork

Cork

These guys go through so many shows, so many preps, they know how they respond to certain things....I'm not sure why Pros have any trainers at all. They are so experienced with their own bodies..I would think that they know best for themselves. What can a "guru" (who knows you for only the length of time that you've been trining with them) tell you that you don't already know?

I hope Wolf does good for himself in his prep for Olympia. I'll be anxious to see how it turns out.

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

You're right, they know best for themselves but a guru can gives you a little advice that makes difference I think.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wolf seems to change his approaches too often.

Maybe he's suffering under the same syndrome as Maxmunzter.

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

he changes his approach because he's insecure, maybe...
He tries to return at 2007 (and do better) I think, but he hasn't find right way at the moment.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
ahahahah, at least it doesn't sound as retarded as "Dannis" lmao. fail.

take it easy guys, geez. BTW its not Nicholls, its Nichols.

Atleast he doesnt spell Roelly's last name Wincklaar :bitelip:

:p

Wolf's 09 olympia mass with last weekends conditioning would do some damage.... But none of that matters if he has a weak lower back,glutes and hams

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He didn't look ready a week out in the pics posted.

He needs a great big dose of iron in deadlift form.

I agree...he needs to stop pointing the finger and making excuses. He needs to look at himself, he didn't look ready last week.

If I recall he said he was done with guru's after last years O...so why did he go with one again this time around?

R

Ruhlforever

bla bla bla bla, he is just crying, please WOLF STOP CRYING and train till you puke, everybody is punishing you in terms of lower back and calves you were adviced of the situation and since you did not make any improvement in the past two years you are being penalyzed for this. So this is not a guru problem is jut the way you trained. Everybody knows that you were your own dietician but yourself but man you should train a lot these ares in which you are being so punished. Train Wolf, and please next time try to produce a video where motivate everyone with tons of HARDCORE action, and ass-heavy duty training. \

Best Regards

Sincerly a Kai and Phil Fan

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He needs a great big dose of iron in deadlift form.

I beg to differ Tim... his is a genetic short-comming and being such no amount of excersize is going to fill the gap between his lats up!

Ahmed Haider had it & Wolfe has it.... their upper & outer lats have plenty of mucle cells but almost nothing in the inner lower lats... IMO its not his lower back per se thats the issue, its his inner & lower lats!

Compare him with someone who is gifted with tons of inner & lower lats, Kai Greene and you'll see what I mean. IMO Wolfe can look good if he comes in sharp & full but he will never be able to fill that acres of gap between his lats!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^^ genetics aside. If hes not deadlifting hes not reaching his potential

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I beg to differ Tim... his is a genetic short-comming and being such no amount of excersize is going to fill the gap between his lats up!

Ahmed Haider had it & Wolfe has it.... their upper & outer lats have plenty of mucle cells but almost nothing in the inner lower lats... IMO its not his lower back per se thats the issue, its his inner & lower lats!

Compare him with someone who is gifted with tons of inner & lower lats, Kai Greene and you'll see what I mean. IMO Wolfe can look good if he comes in sharp & full but he will never be able to fill that acres of gap between his lats!

I see your point but I think it is largely ignoring Wolf's back development.

Yes Kai has low insertions and as a result a larger muscle belly. But it also makes for a very unpleasing, undefined, detracting back. It makes him look stubby, thick waisted and as though he has a very short torso. He doesn't improve this with his posing either.

Now Wolf does have a higher insertion, but so do most BBers/people. But the part of the muscle directly under the arm is not actually lats!! That is Teres Major! Refer to the diagram below to see what I mean.

grayback-1.jpg

So Wolf has spent a heap of time building up his back in a manner that has not really developed the lats. Now I haven't seen any papers or anatomy that suggests that there is any "lower" or "inner" lats, but like the pec (another fan shaped muscle) there is seperate innervation for 6 sections (pec 2 heads) thus you can have lats that are not developed in the lower portion if you aren't exercising the lats properly. Deadlifts would help, as the lats act as a back stabiliser but also because he doesn't do them or really lift heavy with a full ROM. It is not as easy as saying deadlifting will fix his back of course, as he still needs to work the lats using rows and vertical pulls (I love chinups/pullups but apparently anyone over 90kg isn't allowed to do them because they are too Hoouge), but it will help.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ genetics aside. If hes not deadlifting hes not reaching his potential

His erector spinae look pretty decently developed to me... IMO its his structure, the length of his torso and the leverages his limbs create coupled with definate lack of actual muscle cell in the lower & inner lats ...

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now I haven't seen any papers or anatomy that suggests that there is any "lower" or "inner" lats,

I know there isnt :shakefist: when I say inner & lower lats I mean the inner & lower PORTION of his lats :shakefist:
:)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know there isnt :shakefist: when I say inner & lower lats I mean the inner & lower PORTION of his lats :shakefist:
:)

Care to comment further? I thought I had said more than that in terms of your argument against deadlifting for Wolf.

Also the entire "inner" and "outer" and "lower" thing just needs to be eliminated from discussions. It only perpetuates myths. Now obviously you're not perpetuating the myth that Wolf could somehow target an "inner lat" as you are saying his genetics suck, but some will read it as such. :2:

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Care to comment further? I thought I had said more than that in terms of your argument against deadlifting for Wolf.

Also the entire "inner" and "outer" and "lower" thing just needs to be eliminated from discussions. It only perpetuates myths. Now obviously you're not perpetuating the myth that Wolf could somehow target an "inner lat" as you are saying his genetics suck, but some will read it as such. :2:

uummm I think I'm gunna disappoint you :)
On seated pully-rows do a set with your regular posture and then do a set with shoulders deliberatly pushed down and elbows deliberately tucked in to the sides and always pulling not just back & in but also downwords... and tell me you didnt hit/feel the (ehhem) lower lats :) please take off the science hat and do this once :)

I'm just saying that some people get dealt real bad cards re leverages... when I look at Wolfe I feel like the leverages his limbs are creating for him for his back workout are pretty ordinary... but thats just a small portion of his issue.... his reall issue is the muscule structure of his lats... I just dont believe there are enough muscle cells there to provide a foundation for a stunning back! As far as back development prospects go I think he is in a pretty bad spot from all angles!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
uummm I think I'm gunna disappoint you :)
On seated pully-rows do a set with your regular posture and then do a set with shoulders deliberatly pushed down and elbows deliberately tucked in to the sides and always pulling not just back & in but also downwords... and tell me you didnt hit/feel the (ehhem) lower lats :) please take off the science hat and do this once :)

I'm just saying that some people get dealt real bad cards re leverages... when I look at Wolfe I feel like the leverages his limbs are creating for him for his back workout are pretty ordinary... but thats just a small portion of his issue.... his reall issue is the muscule structure of his lats... I just dont believe there are enough muscle cells there to provide a foundation for a stunning back! As far as back development prospects go I think he is in a pretty bad spot from all angles!

Your post seems to largely ignore the central point of my previous post, and you don't seem to have looked at the anatomy chart at all.

I am saying that Wolf has not developed his lats. Not that he has crappy lat geneticss, but that he hasn't done what is needed to put mass on them. You see this a lot with people who don't do, as you described with the row, exercises "correctly" and through a full ROM. The pullup is a classic. Most people don't pull their chin to the bar, let alone their clavicle. Most also don't pull from a dead hang using their back. The result is the lats barely work in the exercise that is meant to "target" them.

Also I don't get what the "science hat" comment is about. Science is about measuring (repeated) and understanding things. So if science measures something it isn't just making it up or ignoring "what you feel" it is quantifying what you feel with factual evidence and measurements. In your above example I could tell you right away that the position you are placing the "shoulders" in would actually benefit the lats, so we are actually agreed. The point you have missed is that a lot of lifters (likely Dennis included) have not swollowed the bitter pill of ego and actually set their body up correctly to lift. Now slightly different biomechanics will give different imbalances, results and leverages, but to say Wolf has not lats there would require his muscles to be attaching very, very high, when it actually looks more like he just hasn't developed that area (once again refer to the back shot and the anatomy chart to see what I mean here).

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

I disagree, his mid-lower back seemed more developed a few years ago.

wolf10_l-1.jpg

wolf08_l-1.jpg

rthzr-1.jpg

Wolfs Lats seem to have been slowly (rapidly?) disappearing. When he hits the rear double by, all you see is his teres major..

Paki, one thing you need to realise is that that huge ammount of erector/lumbar region actually has latissimus dorsi half ways through but you cannot even destinguish his lats because they suck so bad. Look how much more developed his lats were in the pics i posted.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wolf has such a wide massive back i honestly cant see him EVER bringing the lats up.