• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

dilatedmuscle's Road to Somewhere

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice pressing man, big volume!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Good squats and presses mate.

Hows the injury?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^It was hurting pretty bad yesterday morning but i been doing a bit of stretching and during the fit camps i still did some movements that got some blood going. Feels much better, i dont feel it much now, i should be 100% within a few days. I might do shoulders tomorrow so hopefully im good to go.

I wasn't this lean until last year, cause I didn't have time to lunch, just a quick meal, so I dropped from 10% to 6, 7%.

well hopefully i can drop from 18-20% to 14-15% in the next year.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hey hugman, good benching keep it up. next time get 5*5 for meeee xoxox

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ I'll try to remember pickle :gaysign:

Today didnt end well..

Shoulders

Warmed up with some rotator cuff exercises, side laterals, bent laterals and front raises.

Working Sets

Standing Military Press, I wanted to do seated military press coz i suck at standing but some douchenozzle left a shitload of exercises steps i didnt feel like dealing with... Im really bad at these, its hard for me to unrack/set-up, my ballance is off and i feel a lot of pressure on my lower back... but its good i did them since i gotta do them more often.

45lbs x12 - just the bar
75lbs x8
95lbs x6
135lbs x6
155lbs x3 - struggling like crazy, felt like i was gonna fall over at times.
115lbs x6x3

Upright rows... my shoulders we'rent feeling to hot on these.
45lbs x10
75lbs x8
95lbs x6x2
45lbs x10

Dumbell Press... this is where things went wrong :unhappy:
35lbs x10
55lbs x8
70lbs x6
85lbs x5
65lbs x6
65lbs x3- Stopped because of pain.

My upper back injury, which felt fine these last two days acted up here after 3 reps. I settled for a bit and tried doing some side laterals but it hurt to much. My workout ended here. I talked to my boss who is a competative bodybuilder and is pretty good at anatomy told me its my rhomboids acting up, not my traps, which makes sense. I dont think its a tear because i have good mobility and the pain goes away after a couple of days, what do you guys think it is? a pull?

Looking at this chart, i feel the pain in the two bottom x's.
MM111009-1.jpg

I wont be training until monday unless i decide to do arms over the weekend since its an easy workout. I will do legs on monday but i wont squat, i will do front squats and hacksquats to lay off my shoulders since they still feel a bit funky.

Next time i do shoulders i will just do light to medium weight at around 15 reps per set and focus on getting a pump so that i take it easy on my upper body joints for a bit. I been doing only compound heavy training for a month and a half so i think the change will be good and it will help my shoulder joints and muscles recover before going back to heavy compound lifts... I've also been thinking about doing a legs/push/pull routine that i might incorporate in a few weeks. It can get a bit hard since i been working in the fit camp pretty often lately and i will be a full time student starting next week.

Although i'm not feeling so hot, im happy with my improvements. My shoulder joints dont feel that great from mobility but my elbows and knee's feel the best they have in years. Also my shoulders feel better in a different way, i used to do fly's and taking them out of my routine has helped me feel much better even though i have other issues with them now. Yesterday i hit a few poses after work and my boss was impressed with the improvements i've made since i last posed in front of him. He said i have added upper back thickness and mid back thickness (thanks to deadlifts) as well as over all mass and also mentioned that my abs are getting tighter, these comments reassured my self-evaluation.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hope you heal up fast bro, good luck!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That sucks bro, just heal up and come back stronger then ever!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
lol Thanks guys, I migh do chest and tri's... if i feel a bit of discomfort ill just to arms. Cant stay away from the gym!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Chest and Arms

Warmed up with some rotator cuff exercises, warmed up shoulders, chest and tris.

Working Sets
Incline Bench
45lbs x15
75lbs x10 - super set with close grip.
95lbs x10 - super set with close grip.
135lbs x8
185lbs x8
205lbs x5
205lbs x5
205lbs x4
185lba x6

6 sets of Tricep Pushdowns and 5 sets of EZ Bar Curl.. dont know the weight because i dont know how much the ez bar weighs.

decent short workout, i was gonna do a few more exercises but i felt exhausted.

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Havent posted here for a while. Schools started this monday and i been really busy with school, i spend around 7 hrs at school and a total of 2.5 hrs commute. I also have been working everyday, either at 5am or 7pm so i have little time to get situated and be ready to train. I have managed to get in a couple of workouts in this week though....

Legs

Wednesday: I wanted to do squats for 30 min. before i did legs at work but i got to the gym late... trained for 15-18 minutes :'(

Warmed up with stretching, bodyweight squating, some leg extentions and squats with just the bar.

Working Sets

Front Squats
75lbs x 12
105lbs x 8
135lbs x 6
185lbs x 6 - Super Set with Regular Squats x 8

Squats
185lbs x 6
245lbs x 6 x 2

Back
I did back today. I been dieting pretty good, very low carb, today was a high carb day so i had a decent workout.

Warmed up with Pulldowns, bent over rows and light deadlifts.

Working Sets

Neutral Grip Pulldowns
3 working sets.

Weighted Pull-Ups
15lbs x 6 x 4 ...yeah... i know... 15lbs lol

Deadlifts
135 x 15
225 x 8
315 x 6
375 x 1 (leg was a bit shaky)
315 x 5 x 2
315 x 2

5 sets, super set of Shrugs, Scarecrows and Y's (from YTWL's, i havent learned the other letters yet lol) Really felt my mid traps burning like crazy with zero weight.

Hammer Strength Pulldowns super set continued with the Scarecrows and Y's in between most sets, havent done this machine in a looong time coz its a machine and i preffer free weights.
45lbs x 10
90lbs x 6 x 3

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice sessions there DM, nice deads! now get to 4 plates next time or else!!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ lol i wish, the most ive ever done is 385

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Its your aboriginal roots that make you so hardcore!!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
trolololololol

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Squeezed in legs before i went to work... 35 minute workout.

Warmed up with bodyweight squats, stretching etc..

Workout

Front Squats

55lbs x 15
95lbs x 10
135lbs x 8
185lbs x 4 (slipping off my shoulders... added chalk to my shoulders and bar afterwards)
185lbs x 6

Squats
185lbs x 6
225lbs x 6
225lbs x 6

Squats have been weak last couple of weeks because i've started off with front squats (which im not good at) and went right into regular squats. Wouldve done atleast 1 more set, most likely 2 but i had 5 minutes to go to work so i moved on to a bit of hammies. I've been doing freeweight squats every week for a while now, next time i will focus on Hacksquats and hammies.... I've been trying to do hammies during back but im just so damn exhausted. I have to squeeze them in for sure during leg session because i've been failing to do so during back.

Lying leg curls

55lbs x 6
75lbs x 6
105lbs x 6 ...

i know weight doesnt matter on machines but w/e , i remembered the weight since i only did 3 sets, my hammies were pretty damn fatiqued afterwards, they were pumped and ready to cramp... had to stretch a lot right after...

After my workout i did some plyometric leg exercises and body weight leg excerceises on and off for an hour during the Fit Camp i work in.

Its hard to workout nowadays, im at school for so long and i work 1 and a half hrs after i get home so i dont have much time :/

Also, i've been dieting for a week now, pretty good improvements. I will post pics of my improvements within 2 weeks. I'm just keeping my carbs as low as i possibly can. Most of the carbs i get are usually from greenbeans and broccoli, and two slices of bread from a sandwich i take to school (today i ate two sandwiches a day for the first time). Its weird, normally when i do a very low carb diet, i drop fat really fast but i flatten out REALLY badly. Surprisingly, i havent flattened out at all, my only guess is that im only training twice a week (aside from fit camps) and increased my protein a bit so my recovery is good. i may have overtrained in the past which lead me to flattening out when i dropped my carbs.

My average meal plan goes like this...I dont weigh my food so i dont know the numbers but so u guys can get an idea and maybe give me tips.

Meal 1. 7am - 3 whole eggs and either half a chicken breast or a quarter chicken breast. possibly 3 broccoli heads and a handfull of greenbeans.

Meal 2. 10 am (right before class)- A turkey sandwich with wheat bread.

Meal 3. 1 am (right after class)- Half a chicken Breast possibly with 3 broccoli heads and a handfull of greenbeans.

Meal 4. 4 pm or 530pm (right when i get home or right after my second class) - Steak and veggies but today i had a roast beef sandwich with white bread.. dont like white bread but i bought it at the school cafeteria.

Meal 5. 830pm or 9pm - 2 pieces of tillapia with veggies... Today i only had 1 tillapia fillet left so i mixed it with 3 whole eggs.

I just got protein so im adding 2 shakes a day, 40 grams of protein each....Started adding those shakes today so it ended up being 5 meals + 2 shakes. My meals are never the same, it all depends on what i got in the fridge. I never eat vegetables on all my meals coz i dont have enough, i only eat veggies once or twice a day which is why i put "possibly" . I didnt specially design this meal plan, i just basically cut the carbs and put together a lot of protein and good fats. I know my protein per meal isnt that high but i've had no incentive to eat a whole lot more since im barely training heavy twice a week or so. with the protein shakes, i will be adding a whole lot more protein and i will start training a minimum of 3 times a week again.

Last edited:
cereal

cereal

looks good. I hope diet/training thing works. (no flattening)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I did shoulders yesterday. It was a cluster**** workout so it would be a hassle to write it down but it was a great workout none the less. My shoulders are really sore. my warm-up was very long. Ive been having problems with my shoulders clicking and crackling a lot as of late so i wanted to make sure they werent doing that once i went heavy. I used very strict form on all my exercises, really focused on keeping my shoulder blades back so my serratus doesnt take over. Had no clicking during dumbell press for the first time in a long time. Looking forward to building my shoulders a lot more this year!