• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

dilatedmuscle's Road to Somewhere

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
you've got chesticles! good work

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LOL i havent trained chest in forever and it looks bigger... smh.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
IMG00014201009072048-1.jpg

CALL PAPI WE HAVE OUSELVES A RICO SUAVE IN HERE!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I havent been doing well in my diet, just started cleaning it up more. Ive had a lot of stress and it makes dieting much harder when it felt really easy when i wasnt stressed out. My training is going really great, im training 3 times a week and i've been following 5X5. I've put on a good ammount of muscle since i started dieting. my entire body is still getting a bit leaner but my abs are not changing much :/ maybe im not getting leaner and the extra mass is making my muscles look leaner? my training partner also said i look leaner and my old training partner didnt see me since i started dieting and saw me recently, he said im bigger and leaner... idk but i will continue to diet until i get a six pack...

I just started doing cardio again a few days ago. i will do a bit of cardio today and that would make it 3 days in a row.

As i mentioned, my workouts have been great. I've been lifting the same if not more weight then before for more sets. Im just so unmotivated to write them down lol ill try to do it soon.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
A few quick pics taken before going to school this morning

101210_0927-1.jpg

101210_0928-1.jpg

101210_0929-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Check how much my traps have grown and how much my waist has shrunken since last year. I was a bit fuller in 09 though coz i was taking in like 4 times more carbs lol

17373_276050872792_684127792_3943623_5387889_n.jpg

101210_0928-1.jpg

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
so the deads do pay off...

great improvements dilatedanus!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks Natzo. I forgot to mention im 2 lbs lighter then i was last year but im much leaner. :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i see good improvements. theres some differencing in posing though which makes it hard for comparison.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
quick video update. Dang my abs are not getting any leaner, my legs have gotten much leaner and so have other areas in my upper body but my abs havent changed much in the last month. Sorry for the crap quality, i uploaded directly to youtube from my cam, the quality was much better in the preview. As i said, my legs are much leaner, im getting a lot of contours on my glutes and hamstrings but they are not very visible with the quality and angle of the lighting.

Ignore the random awkward posing at times, i just wanted to see how some things would look, i would edit it if i had the time.

As far as diet goes i would say its just "ok" it was great for a while but now its simply OK. My protein has dropped subsantially due to the lack of powder, food and motivation but im starting to pick things up a bit and i will get some protein powder soon... As far as the gym goes, things been going really good, at times i notice a slight drop in strength and stamina due to less food intake but im getting stronger in other areas. Overall great workouts.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Autoexposure controls in video and photo cameras will make the rest of the frame darker if you let a bright object in it. The bigger the source of light the worse it gets. Point is: turn off TV/screen. In adition to that lateral light might be cool for artistic uses when capturing muscular bodies but it's shit for "factual footage". That was the photographer in me talking. From a bbing viewpoint you're looking good at least the side of you that we can see lol traps/delts are your strong points IMO and i can't see shit about your calves or hams (lateral poses facing the screen).

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
here are some highlights(parts where i dont look like shit) of the video

at-1.jpg

bdb-1.jpg

mm-1.jpg

mm2-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Autoexposure controls in video and photo cameras will make the rest of the frame darker if you let a bright object in it. The bigger the source of light the worse it gets. Point is: turn off TV/screen. In adition to that lateral light might be cool for artistic uses when capturing muscular bodies but it's shit for "factual footage". That was the photographer in me talking. From a bbing viewpoint you're looking good at least the side of you that we can see lol traps/delts are your strong points IMO and i can't see shit about your calves or hams (lateral poses facing the screen).

Thanks for the tips, i dont see any autoexposure controls in my webcam though :/ maybe i can tweak the other things like brightness, gamma etc... my room is really tiny so its hard to set up good lighting but ill do a better job next time.

My traps and delts are actually pretty weak in person, i think its just the lighting lol but i have been working very hard on them.

In the last page you can see i set up some candels to light up the opposite side lol this morning i just kinda rushed things.... My shoulders and legs actually look a lot smaller in the last video, im wondering if its from losing fat, gaining muscle or both, either way, im happy.

Last edited:
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
u need better lighting but it seems like ur looking leaner, shoulders look really lean so does ur back and quads are look lean too, see some good cuts there

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Thanks for the tips, i dont see any autoexposure controls in my webcam though :/ maybe i can tweak the other things like brightness, gamma etc... my room is really tiny so its hard to set up good lighting but ill do a better job next time.

My traps and delts are actually pretty weak in person, i think its just the lighting lol but i have been working very hard on them.

In the last page you can see i set up some candels to light up the opposite side lol this morning i just kinda rushed things.... My shoulders and legs actually look a lot smaller in the last video, im wondering if its from losing fat, gaining muscle or both, either way, im happy.

You're welcome mate, photography is my main hobby (besides lifting lol) so I enjoy talking about it, i'm just afraid of boring people sometimes haha. The problem with autoexposure is that it's auto! so you won't see any control, it's done by the cam/software itself. Your vid is dark because the cam tries to avoid overexposure of the light present in the frame (your screen) by underexposing everything else. Also if you have only one lateral lightsource and the subject (you) is close to it the power of the light reaching your light-facing side will be much greater than that further apart making a high contrast image (added to the fact that you will be throwing shadows over yourself). With the light source further apart this effect is less noticeable (light diminishes with the square of the distance).

For some "objetive" pics or video and also with the advantage of being repeteable for before/after comparisons one easy lighting set up that might work is two light sources at 45? right and left from the camera:

..................YOU..................

...O...........camera...........O...

"O" is a light source pointing to you. If one of those is a bit brighter (or closer) than the other the resulting image won't look as flat (it will have smooth shadows ginving volume) while still both sides will be well lit. Make sure that you aren't backlighted (a window behind you etc) or else it will mess your cam too.

I hope that makes sense ;)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks Max and Prince.

Storm. I appreciate the input, stuff like that i will remember and its good to know for the future. I am an artist and i appreciate all forms of art aswell as photography so its cool to learn that. thanks for taking the time.