• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Do you agree with the results?

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No prob with Dex winning, but I wanted to see Phil in first, 3.Branch 4.Kai 5.Gustavo 5. Silvio. Anyway pretty fair

S

safinator

I'd rather see Phil win, but to be honest Dex deserved the victory. He's got one of the best bodies in the history of bodybuilding, overwhelmingly sharped, conditioned and aesthethic! It was a pity Victor Martinez couldn't compete, because it would have been a great battle between Vic, Dex and Phil. I look forward to the next Mr Olympia!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do not agree with the results, but my opinions on how it should have turned out are just as good as why they turned out the way they did. The top four were all in amazing shape with size combined, so the top four could have been shuffled and it still would have been hard to argue with the results. With a top four like that it all comes down to preference and opinion.
IMO Dex is too small, has not brought anything different in almost four years other than amazing condition. Heath has him on every bodypart and was just a percent off from Dex. But I also have never really been a fan of Dex's physique, it bores me as much as Jay Cutler's. They look the same year after year.
Branch was the best conditioned and biggest guy there, but he does not have an aesthetic physique like the top three.
Kai was holding a bit of water and if he dropped it all he could have upset the whole thing. Also, he got royaly screwed on the best poser award.
Overall, it was a great show and I enjoyed it. Thanks for the link and all the ASC threads Pain :2: it makes every show feel like a holiday :49:, good times.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not.

1. Dex
2. Phil
3. Branch
4. Kai

That`s what I thought it would be.

D

d.capodiferro

1 branch
2 heath
3 dexter
4 badell
5 melvin
6 freeman
7 samuel
8 greene
9 rockel
10 henry

jdowden87

jdowden87

i would have put branch and kai ahead of phil. he just doesn't look complete yet. you could see major body parts that were lacking on phil when he was next to branch kai and dex

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would have put branch and kai ahead of phil. he just doesn't look complete yet. you could see major body parts that were lacking on phil when he was next to branch kai and dex

:confused: wat? Are you serious?

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, the audience went crazy when the placed Branch 4th. All you could hear was "THAT'S BULLSHIT!"

BTW, you might be able to hear me say "Branch, you're a freak!" during the comparison.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, the audience went crazy when the placed Branch 4th. All you could hear was "THAT'S BULLSHIT!"

BTW, you might be able to hear me say "Branch, you're a freak!" during the comparison.

Because everyone knows he deserved higher, if Dex won based off condition then Branch should have been first or second.
IMO it should have gone like this:
Phil
Branch
Dex
Kai

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yer, that's how I had it too, but in person, Phil wasn't as ripped as he looked on the webcast. He looked great, no doubt about it, but he wasn't as crisp as the IronMan.

This was one of the very few times that Dex didn't look peeled to the bone.

J

joligr

I agree with Dexter winning over Phil ... and I have great respect for Phil but .... I've posting things along the same line.... PLEASE... people ... HE IS NO WHERE CLOSE to BEST EVER that some would have you believe.... I know its not the time BUT it did prove my point... I posted after Iron Man that Phil just beat Gustavo by the skin of his teeth... and Gustavo has always been over powered by Ronnie, Jay, Dexter and Victor.... so give it a rest.... it will be a while before Phil is ready to take their (the big 4) spot! Sorry but Dexter proved that!

you are rigth...

Savjav

Savjav

1 branch
2 heath
3 dexter
4 badell
5 melvin
6 freeman
7 samuel
8 greene
9 rockel
10 henry

Kai.... 8th? wtf! were u :linedrunk: when u were watching it?
go dexter aswell well deserved win

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Does anyone know the scorecard for the event? so we actually know how close it was?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Attachments

• arnoldclassic2008_results.jpg
    arnoldclassic2008_results.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 51