• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Does Jay have a chance of ever winning The Olympia gain?

Can Jay ever win another Olympia?

• Total voters
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Never said the odds were in his favor. If you noticed, I did vote "no" in the poll. I don't expect Jay to place in the top 3, but I'd be foolish to exclude the possibility.
I couldn't care less about the poll results. I'll guess that Jay has a 3% chance of winning.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No.

In fairness to Jay his latest pics do show him to be in great shape. But winning with no right side of his body when compared to guys like Phil and Dex? He just isn't in the running.

I can see him doing better than you'd expect though as he is able to hide his flaws in the comparisons (check the guest posing thread). He will probably be top 5, possibly 3rd.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hahahaha, age is playing an incredible role in the now jay diminished condition, since the eruption of Phil Heath, Phil has been the parameter in which all bodybuilders are being measured, for example Jay never had the best pair of arms which is now more than evident, since the end of Ronnie-Jay Rivalry Jay is no more interested in exceed his back even more as in 2006, his back is no a highligh, just his legs continue being the best in the bussiness with the crazy cuts but now jay looks really really TIRED OF COMPETITION, another ronnie coleman virus right there

Huh? WAT?

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
if jay can win another olympia so can ronnie. ronnie cant and wont win another olympia. flawless.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay is still up there and still has a chance to win the show regardless, its all up to the judges on the day on what they like
i'd like to see him win 1 more title

isopure

isopure

The best bodybuilder right now is Victor Martinez but he has to demostrate on stage. Phil is a serious cotender this year better than Dex. Jay is the most professional bodybuilder nowadays and he will be in shape that day so he will have a chance to win the show also. Be careful with Kai.
Dennis Wolf will be a great surprise.

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay is still up there and still has a chance to win the show regardless, its all up to the judges on the day on what they like
i'd like to see him win 1 more title

:thumbsup2:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I couldn't care less about the poll results. I'll guess that Jay has a 3% chance of winning.

I'd give him slightly higher, maybe 15%. :gaysign:

Zviko

Zviko

I think jay can surprise us this year the problem is he has got asymmetry and lack of condition. At the finals last year his condition started coming in. It only takes a couple of guys to come off

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And that's being overlooked once again. That's what worked for him in the past, he needs to stick with it.

agree, he just needs to be on, if he´s on in pre-judging he will be the winner

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
agree, he just needs to be on, if he´s on in pre-judging he will be the winner

... i don't say he isn't able to win (well, that the judges aren't able to make him win) but your statement seems a bit too strong to me. He can nail his condition and still place lower than phil, dex, vic and even kai if they aren't off. He doesn't have that much of a mass advantage anymore, plus his right side is noticeable smaller than his left.
Look at the pics on the guestposing thread, he doesn't look that bigger next to phil.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he is bigger and wider then phil

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Yes, and coleman is too, but he wouldn't win against phil nowadays

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I really (honestly) think that Jay does stand a chance.

Think about it. He has the size advantage and IF he can come in ripped, it could be possible. I wouldn't bet on it but if you ask "does he stand a chance" then the answer is yes.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This was the ONLY impressive thing (his back) I saw in the recent guest posing pics:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Absolutely NOT!! he should feel lucky he got 2.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

This time even if he comes in 100%, I don't think he's gonna take the O again.Asymmetry between left and right side of his body are more evident now, and Phil is def bigger than last year, Kai's huge and also more ripped than Jay, then there's Dexter current Sandow owner, no way Jay is cracking the top 3.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
If we assume Jay comes in looking like he has done the last years, a little off, and phil, dex, kai and wolf comes in improved. Jay´s 5th IMO.
But if Jay shows improvement in symmetry and peaks for the show he´s top three. I dont see him taking Phil but Jay might get a gift and get 2nd.