• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

dog crap training

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It does rock and im glad your advocating it. People say they use variations of dc but the only way to do it is the way subscribed.

yeah im a total stickler for doing it as prescribed, i remebered when i first started doing it! i sorta read the sticky and did a best guess of the prgram to some sucess, and then i would find certain exercises like dumbell exercises would not progress, and then id go study the manual again and find you need higher rep ranges etc, which when followed worked imeadiately! its about that time i realised Dante (DC himself) really honed his program down over many of years to get it where it is, and if you look at a lot of his trainee's, there are some freaks hey! lets not forget Dave Henry, gets total overlooked for being a midget, but he is what bodybuilding is all about, size, proportion and hard as nails conditioning............

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah im a total stickler for doing it as prescribed, i remebered when i first started doing it! i sorta read the sticky and did a best guess of the prgram to some sucess, and then i would find certain exercises like dumbell exercises would not progress, and then id go study the manual again and find you need higher rep ranges etc, which when followed worked imeadiately! its about that time i realised Dante (DC himself) really honed his program down over many of years to get it where it is, and if you look at a lot of his trainee's, there are some freaks hey! lets not forget Dave Henry, gets total overlooked for being a midget, but he is what bodybuilding is all about, size, proportion and hard as nails conditioning............

Please remember that the guys who advertise DC training so much are also on gear.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please remember that the guys who advertise DC training so much are also on gear.

im pretty sure every training program thats pushed is pushed by people on gear especially the 20 set per bodypart routines in flex magazine...........there are a lot of guys on the super juice no doubt, but he also has a few natural guys that are freaks! with any program you gotta just have a go for a few months and assess it yourself..........as long as your getting stronger across a moderate rep range its working!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im sorry braaq.

I was just kidding :keke:
I love that image :49: and found it again right when I was posting that comment so I posted it.
Actually, I dont think what I do is a variation of DC Training. I believe my style right now is more of HIT training, like Dorian Yates except I will do an additional set per exercise.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I find hit works best for me but dont have a partner, if my roomate would workout on a similar schedule it owuld work but we cant.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I find hit works best for me but dont have a partner, if my roomate would workout on a similar schedule it owuld work but we cant.

I agree, a workout partner is a must for this type of training to push and spot you. Its hard to go balls to the wall heavy for a set and not have someone there you trust to give a good spot.
Do you do DC training?

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree, a workout partner is a must for this type of training to push and spot you. Its hard to go balls to the wall heavy for a set and not have someone there you trust to give a good spot.
Do you do DC training?

Yep. I've wanted to give DC training a go but while i'm at school I dont have a workout partner.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq ive done it twice but both have been alright but somewha of a failure. My school gym is kind oof gay. When i did it at the beginning of the year i did a good amount of machines which i think is better and a few were broke when i had to use them but it was towards the end and i felt good about it so i stopped. I recently finished a new one but some of the db's were missing and i couldnt progress. As you know jumping up from 90's-100's is a big jump but once again it was toward the end so i stopped. Next year when i join the local powerhouse or urban active (golds) i should be good with hammer strength and smith and various machines. Until then im gonna do normal high volume becase ive been doing hit style for awhile now.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq ive done it twice but both have been alright but somewha of a failure. My school gym is kind oof gay. When i did it at the beginning of the year i did a good amount of machines which i think is better and a few were broke when i had to use them but it was towards the end and i felt good about it so i stopped. I recently finished a new one but some of the db's were missing and i couldnt progress. As you know jumping up from 90's-100's is a big jump but once again it was toward the end so i stopped. Next year when i join the local powerhouse or urban active (golds) i should be good with hammer strength and smith and various machines. Until then im gonna do normal high volume becase ive been doing hit style for awhile now.

Yeah, my school gym had the same problem. That and everyone was sitting around talking in between their bench and arm sets. I had to join a Gold's to get quality workouts, keep it up and when you get into a better gym better workouts and results will follow. For now anything is better than nothing.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah I know ive had to come up with creative things with my gym.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was just kidding :keke:
I love that image :49: and found it again right when I was posting that comment so I posted it.
Actually, I dont think what I do is a variation of DC Training. I believe my style right now is more of HIT training, like Dorian Yates except I will do an additional set per exercise.

yeah your training is very Dorian yates.....you what i call reduced volume training, its like a happy place between volume and HIT, with 1-2 working sets per exercise, and usually 3-4 exercises per major bodypart etc!

DC pretty much is reduced volume too, except you arrange the exercises a little differently, so you have a variety of movements, but you take 2 weeks to go through them, instead of in a week in your program or Yates' program etc!

reduced volume is the shit, especially when you start lifting heavier weights, it seems insane to me now to perform more than 1-2 working sets per exercise, so many people still do the 15-20 set workings sets per muscle crap, and unless they are on gear, they arent going to get to far!

keep up the heavy BraaQ dog..........convert to DC, seriously, i reckon you would love it