• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

E3 2010

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
too many nintendo fanboys spoil the thread.

zelda is shit boring

formula for a Zelda game
- Start a hero on a quest.
- have him find a sword and buy a sheild
- Have an evil established
- Have the hero walk through elemental themed buildings
-have multiple weapon based puzzles that are all the same i.e light all the torchers, use your boomerang to molest every fan boy in the room , Oh no a room with an eye on the wall I probably wont have to shoot it like i did the other 100 times in the last 10 games etc.
- Have hero unable to progress in building until he finds so many keys and a new weapon that unlocks different parts of the map after he defeats a boss that has a weak eye or tentacle
- Repeat this template 8 or 9 times
- have 1 building that is ridiculous and cannot be completed without a game guide ala text based role playing games "pick up amulet." "there is no such thing" "pick up Broach" "there is no such thing" *consults gameguide* when on the beach type "pick up the fucking amulet, looking broach with an offwhite mother of pearl pearl in its centre" "you picked up the amulet looking broach"
Or to bring it back to zelda, the Fold your DS Fiasco or water temple from ocarina.
- put a single new pink bow on the game so someone thinks its a new zelda.
-Sell to people who can't play real videogames and have them blow their own load over the nostalgia.
-profit.

I cant say i havent given the franchise a go but jesus everytime I play one i ask myself why did i bother. There is no difficulty(beyond the one impossible game guide temple,classic) in the games the puzzles are straight down the middle. They are nothing but a time killer as a game ,offering no incentive to play(other then a story, which doesn't link between games, epic fail)

With the exception of zelda tho, 3ds is going to bring some great games :)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
too many nintendo fanboys spoil the thread.

Thats pretty ironic. lol

But it seems like your trying to tells us things we dont know, it doesnt matter if it follows a formula, but its not boring to me.

So what do you consider a real game?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
mass effect 2
Uncharted 2
Mario Galaxy
Sf4

pretty much anything ranked above a 9 on ign that isnt zelda.

So basically the only RPG you listed is ME2. Do you know of any sword based adventure rpg's that are not a clusterfuck? Zelda is practically on its own genre since there have been so many rip offs. Although it follows a formula, the games always change things up, Majoras Mask had the time management and shapeshifting, Wind Waker had Wind Management and Sailing in an open sea world (not to mention one of the best art styles to date), Twilight Princes had the Wolf Mechanics and two dimensions, each of these changes made a huge difference...

Other then gravity mechanics, what makes mario galaxy any different from other Mario games? Mario also follows a formula but, like zelda, introduces mechanics that keep it fresh. This year alone, 2 games managed to successfully rip off Zelda; DarkSiders and 3D Dot Game Heroes.

The reasons you dont like zelda are legitimate reasons to not like it... But its still an opinion.

Zelda Skyward Sword will have 1:1 motion controls so you can move the sword around in any direction you want which will add some new mechanics. The formula will be different aswell...
Link's village is in the clouds, its called the Sky Loft and it is a safe haven as opposed to the world below that is riddled with evil enemies so there will be a lot of traveling between both worlds. The Skyward Sword is a living character that will eventually become the Master Sword. Not every dungeon will have bosses, some dungeons will have multiple bosses, there will be bosses that are not related to dungeons... Wind Waker didnt have an actual Zelda, instead had a pirate named Tetra who was Zelda reincarnated so we dont know what type of zelda will be Skyward Sword. We still dont know much about the game and the creators said there will be a lot of changes that are different from a conventional Zelda.

If you think zelda's core is boring then obviously you wont like any of them but for those of us who love the core of the game enjoy each itteration since it continues to stay fresh to us.

Cork

Cork

I found Mass Effect 2 extremely boring.

Also, dilated and I are the only ones talking about enjoying Zelda in the thread. Just because we like a game doesn't make us a fanboy. I guess my comment could be taken as such, but I exaggerate and am not really a fanboy of anything.