• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your routine looks something like mine. Nice session

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
305x9 on the bench is impressive your all round numbers are good

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Geeze you're strong Eric! :eek: Great workout all around. Crazy Hammer curls and Incline DB presses.Hope you gain your strength back from being sick.(well thats a scary thought...youre numbers are insane regardless)

May have to try pullovers that way sometime, thanks for the explanation. :xyxthumbs:

Banshee

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice work Big E u really killed that chest work out bro

im gonna guess that 110 is the heaviest db in ur gym

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nature-Thanks man:xyxthumbs: I've found volume works for me.

FF-Thank you for the encouragement and reinforcement.

Banshee-Thank you very much for the physical well wishes:D I'm feeling better today as well, so one step at a time. Let me know how those pullovers feel for you; I just found they work better for me like that.

TO-Thank you:xyxthumbs: Actually, 110's aren't the heaviest thing around in my gym. Next chest session I'm going to hit Incline DB presses first, so my upper chest won't be pre-fatigued from heavy barbell presses and drop sets; numbers will be higher then for said lift. I'm sure I could've gone heavier, but then I know I'd not have felt it where I needed to. My form likely would've suffered, and my joints would've taken a beating due to my existing muscular fatigue. It's moments like that when I have to give my ego a kick in the huevos and do what I know I need to do:e5dunno:

Same for declines. Starting later in my session on them meant I couldn't go as high and still maintain quality in my sets. I may start first with them next time, then hit incline, then maybe flat. I shy away from center pressing motions a bit(every other workout right now), as I feel my center pecs have an appropriate amount of mass at this point. Maintaining symmetry is key for a tall monkey guy such as myself.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Quads were today, and I was plesantly surprised with how well my left knee felt. There was little of the previous tension felt in my patella tendon today, and I'm sure the rest will be gone soon. I'm approaching my previous weights and volume of my pre-surgery quad workouts, and I know I'll be better than I ever was before as time goes on. Nothing to really save for the books here, but it's what I got:e5dunno:

Quads

Leg Extensions superset with Single Leg Extensions(These felt much better this time:hsughr: )

20X140(warmup)
17X220
10X250
8X290

L R
50X12 50X12
70X9 70X10
70X10 70X11

Barbell Hack(Front) Squats

135X15(warmup)
185X15
205X15
225X10(Stumbled like a dope on these:shootme:)

Leg Presses(I keep my feet only a couple of inches apart on these. Doing so targets my outer quads directly; with my tall man's syndrome, I really need all the quad sweep I can get.)

540X20(warmup)
720X15
900X12
990X7(getting there:hsughr: )

Single Leg Presses(each side was the same as far as reps were concerned)

180X15
270X12
360X12

Smooth moment of the day:
When walking in between a flat bench and the angled leg press I was using, my right hip caught the olympic bar and took it half off its rack. I laughed, remarked about my smooth day, got a few laughs, and went back to it. Epitome of 'big lug syndrome':rolleyes:

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet you walked like you just got off a horse after that session

Nice work bro

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HOLY SHIT CALL ME DAISY :eek4:

your one strong man. Each and every number in here is super impressive, you performing them all with strict form is even more impressive :eek4:

I'll be coming in here more often thats for sure

great sessions you got going Eric

pics? :spy:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I already asked Tweak :no:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Leg Extensions superset with Single Leg Extensions(These felt much better this time )
Be very carefull in incorporating any leg extensions into your program (basically only if directly told by a physio familiar with your surgery and history). Leg extensions place a lot of shear stress on the knee, specifically the ACL and menisci (sp?). I was allowed to start running and cutting (even full footy training) before even thinking of leg extensions.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMG:ughnoes: Your strong man Eric, inspirational chest sessionmy friend, giving me something to aim for once I'm back in the swing of things.

Yeah pics ain't important bro, the poundages kind of speak for themselves:xyxthumbs:

Good luck with the recovery faze mate.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nature- Actually, the immediate post workout feel wasn't bad. It's been the few days after such that have been killer:ughnoes: Today's been the first day my quads haven't been screaming at me. That workout was near my usual volume for quads; I usually throw in at least two more lifts, but my volume on the others would decrease slightly to compensate.

Tweak- Thank you very much, man:D I really appreciate the complimentary motivation. I'd rep ya in thanks, but my lack of mod status means I have to spread some more love around before I can:xyxthumbs:

Tim- Thank you for the excellent guidance. Thankfully, I have very little history concerning knee surgeries(this has been my first), and said procedure wasn't due to a torn ACL or meniscus. They basically went in and cleaned up the bottom of my kneecap(looked like the Sierra Nevadas) and cleaned out some scar tissue that was slightly pushing my knee over to one side. I was planning on going super light on said lift(like last time), but I unexpectedly felt very safe and strong. The range of motion and overall strengthening effect are the primary reasons I'm incorporating extensions. Go healing:hsughr:

Pumba- Thanks big man:xyxthumbs: Recovery is going well, which is good because I have a lot of large examples to follow around here. I'll have some pics up in the near future; gotta appease my nervous vanity and all that:shootme:

Thank you again to everyone who's checked out and posted in my log:D I really appreciate your support. I had an immensely satisfying back workout yesterday, and another excellent one-two shot(pressing shoulders/rear delts, traps, calves, and biceps) this morning. I have to bounce to work right now, so I'll post both of them later this evening.

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice leg day Eric. :) Glad your knee was feeling good. 990 lbs on leg press....have mercy. :ughnoes: Im trying to work on my quad sweep too.

LOL @ the smooth moment...made me laugh. Reminds me of Eli. :49:

Keep it up!
Banshee

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Banshee- As always, thank you for your excellent support:D Good to hear Eli and I are on the same page where 'smooth' moments are concerned.

So here's my belated posts concerning last Friday and Saturday. Life's allowed me to catch up a bit tonight...'bout time.

Friday
Back

Wide Grip Pulldowns

160X20(warmup)
250X16(decided to go all out early, and it felt fantastic...woot:hsughr: )
250X12
250X11

Incline Dumbell Rows(I dropped my stance a little on the bench this time; made things a lot more comfortable where chest contractions are concerned. No huge weight for this lift, but an excellent burn:D)

65X15(warmup)
80X12
85X10
90X11

Reverse Grip(underhand) Wide Grip Pulldowns

140X20(warmup)
180X15
220X12
250X9

Wide Grip Seated Rows

160X15(warmup)
190X14
230X11
250X10

Barbell Rows-Yates Style(I've just found an overhand grip doesn't hit the target area like these do for me:e5dunno: Strength, both grip and overall, was pretty much gone at this point; it was a good pump nonetheless)

135X20(warmup)
225X13
235X11
245X7

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saturday
Pressing Shoulders

Barbell Military Presses

135X15(warmup)
225X14
235X14
275X10

Seated Dumbell Presses

80X15
85X11
90X9

Vertical Grip Bench Presses

150X15(warmup)
200X14
200X11
200X12

Seated Rear Delt Flyes(To keep them from seizing up later)

140X15(warmup)
160X16
170X11
170X12

Traps

Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs(Smith works great for these)

225X20(warmup)
315X17
405X12
495X9

Cambered Bar Close Grip Upright Raises

105X13
115X9

Calves(Again, to keep the blood flowing. More serious training will be earlier this coming week)

Seated Calf Raises

90X20(warmup)
135X15
180X13
225X9

Biceps(Less volume, namely because I didn't want them to inhibit chest on Mon or Tues; I'll kill 'em with said bodypart later on)

Incline Barbell Curls(Wanted to try these for awhile, and they felt quite good.)

65X20(warmup)
85X15
105X14
115X11

Pulldown Bar Wide Curls(Found these by playing around with my training one day. I stand with my back to a side station and utilize a standard pulldown bar for the curls themselves. Having it inverted and gripping the now upright-angled handles really focuses/kills my outer bicep heads. The constant tension acheived with the cable work itself is another definite plus.)

110X15(warmup)
150X12
150X13
150X9

Concentration Curls(same reps on both right and left sides)

40X15(warmup)
45X14
50X10
55X7

That's about it. Friday was the most satisfying(overall) back workout I've had in recent memory, and my strength held up well on Saturday's hop to hop format. All in all, a good weekend for me:hsughr:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should be giving yourself more credit man, you push massive weight. Those con curls are insane, what's your rep pacing for them?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you Chesti:D I stay steady and cotrolled with con curls, but I'll occassionally rest-pause for my last couple of reps on sets 3&4.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's even better man, I expected some fast paced reps with that weight, I'm lookin forward to these pics.

In a non-homosexual way of course :spy:

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good lord allmighty youre a strong bastard...500lbs BB shrugs :skurred: 275lbs military presses?!??! for 10 reps?!? WTF! is that a typo?

lookin forward to the pics aswell.

in a non-heterosexual kind of way...i mean non-homosexual! :spy:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fucking hell Eric yous a strong mofo those military presses are crazy