• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's some massive lifts in there man. Con curls are insane, a 630 lb calf raise is enormous and your DB shrugs are massive aswell. I think we have a new Q80 on our hands fellas :xyxthumbs:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex- Thank you:) Truth be told, I really don't squat or bench anymore. My body's just not built for traditional squatting(combo of height and size), and traditional barbell bench just rubs me the wrong way. My last recorded 1RM was 435; I really have no idea what I could do now.

Chesti- As always, thank you for your encouragement bro:xyxthumbs: Everything felt really good and controlled; I look forward to hitting my standing calf raises like I should, probably tomorrow. Being compared to Q is humbling; wish he'd come back(for more than voting for himself in polls):49::tear:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I must say that bicep volume is mindblowing, I don't even know how you could lift your arms after that. Also, the shoulder work, especially the DB Shrugs, Laterals, and Plate-Loaded Presses are all really outstanding. Good job not neglecting calves or forearms either :xyxthumbs:

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good lord you are using 330 lbs on your SHOULDERS....thats crazy as hell. and holy crap 50 lbs on db side raises....:skurred: i think you're gonna make tweak jealous with that kinda stuff, maybe you shouldnt post those again coz he might ban you :)

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line- Thank you:) With being as tall as I am, my calves and forearms are two things I can't afford to neglect. They've both come along well enough, but my biceps can always use some work. Volume is good for them, so upward and onward.

CJU- Thank you as well:49::D Machines can make a lift seem more impressive than it really is as far as weight goes, but the range of motion on that Cybex is excellent.

Sorry I've been slacking off the past couple of days; work, blah, blah, busy, blah, blah....Here's some back from Tues, and I'm leaving in about an hour for chest, tri's, and likely some token quads/hams.

Back

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns

180X15(warmup)
250X17(PB:hsughr: )
250X13
250X10

Single Arm Dumbell Rows(both sides the same on reps)

125X15
140X15
150X11
160X10

V-Bar Lat Pulldowns(upper back)

160X15(warmup)
180X11
180X11

Underhand Wide Grip Cable Rows

170X15(warmup)
220X14
250X9

Standing Wide Grip Pulldowns(done on a side station, so the weight was much lighter than it should've been; usually do these with 90lbs or so max)

150X15
150X15
150X15

I had some slight time constraints, but all in all, an excellent session. I wanted to do more free weight lifts, but again time was not on my side. Good pump all the same though; still feeling it a bit today:D Thank you again everyone for all of your excellent comments; I truly appreciate the motivation and help:xyxthumbs:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well done on the PB Eric 250 is certainly no me feat

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FF- As always, your encouragement is greatly appreciated:D I've done that(super-heavy and high reps early on lat pulldowns) for my last two sessions; I'll back off of it next time for some variety.

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great back session, heavy weight, keep up the hard work

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Congrats on the PB! I take it that the machine at your gym only goes up to 250 which would explain that ridiculous 17 rep set. Once again, lots of volume with a lot of heavy weight. I wish my gym had DB's that go up to 160 :tear:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Congrats on the PB!

Your DB rows are awesome, I've never even seen a 160 :spy:

The V-Bar Lat Pulldowns look interesting...I might have to steal that :spy:

Wide grip cable rows are also very heavy. I know you said you don't deadlift anymore, so I bet that helps your lower back when you steady yourself at that weight.

Great session :2:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dobbs- Thank you for dropping in. I have to work hard to keep up with the rest of you:)

Line- As always man, thank you:D There are a few Lat stations I've run into that go as high as 300(I've hit 280 with quality and volume in said cases), but the one I tend to frequent caps at 250. The 17 set is the high point for that; I can't match it on subsequent sets, but I've found it's an excellent way to kick-start a great pump at the onset of my workout.

It's also the only gym in my valley that has DB's that go to 200(never gone beyond 160); their grips are also excellent, with none of that stupid bulged rubber garbage. Straight diamond-hatched iron, as you can't beat the grip capacity it gives you.

Glex- Thank you for the motivation and encouragement:xyxthumbs: Steal away on those v-bars, as they're definitely not mine. I find them to be excellent in targeting my upper/inner back; really helps compliment my trapezius training and tie-ins.

I actually do still deadlift, and love 'em, although aside from SLDL's I haven't worked up the nerve to really go out on them again since my knee scope. My body just tells me it's not quite time again, which is frustrating. Beats a post-op injury anyday though.

Nature- Thank you for stopping by:D

Today was a little frustrating, as I was called into work early=no training. Two-a-days for Friday and Saturday though; enough of this 'in the way' garbage. Thank you again everyone for your excellent comments and observations:D

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No deadlifts :tear: Not enough weight in the gym for you to do it? :49:

Those DB rows in particular are great, 160 aint no joke. Do you workout by yourself?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chesti- No deadlifts. Like I told Glex, my body just doesn't feel quite there yet:tear: Hopefully soon, but it(and my left knee) is the boss.

Thank you for the props as well:) Yep, I workout alone almost every session. Sometimes I get a little lonely in my training(man enough to admit it), but there are definite benefits to lifting alone. Really good friend of mine and I were thick as theives for years, and then he got married. They're expecting, and life's been nuts for him. I honestly prefer the solo thing though; makes it so I can dictate my own pace, and I can listen to my music without constantly swiping out my earphones(which is weird, hence the reason I don't use my player when I lift with Jake; ergo crappy gym music:disgust: )

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to bounce to work:disgust: But I wanted to throw up my Chest workout from yesterday. It felt excellent, and it was done in about 35min; stinking time crunches...

Chest

Incline Barbell Press

135X25(warmup)
325X10
295X12(ds)
275X10(ds)
225X11(ds)
185X14(ds)
135X17(ds)

Decline Bench Press(dangerous to go heavy without a spotter:tear:)

135X20(warmup)
225X12
235X10
255X9

Decline Dips

BWX17
BWX14
BWX13

Cable Crossovers

100X15(warmup)
150X10
150X10[last rep was just a shade shy of complete, but I don't do fractions:49:]

Incline Machine Press(Think it's an Icarian[?])

400X10
400X7

Abdominals

Rope Cable Crunches

140X20
170X22
200X24
200X25

I REALLY don't like having such a small window for gym time, but I made due with what I had. Overall, a satisfying chest session in a big way; plus no wear on my right elbow this time around:hsughr: Train smart, not necessarily hard.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Ah, I gotcha on the surgery; definitely don't want to rush that.

Big volume on the chest! Did 10 reps at my max (275) :no: :49: Chest must have been dead after that day, even if it was only 35 minutes; looks intense :xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
All that in 35 minutes?! :eek4:

Huge weights as always; I can't believe you jumped right from 135 to 325! You know, Eric, you don't have to do as many sets if you're short for time :ugnoes:

PS: I don't count fractions either.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Line said:
PS: I don't count fractions either.
That's only because you couldn't add fractions if your life depended on it :spy:

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice numbers, what does DS mean on your inclines