• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eric said:
1080X10(not a PB, but I'm getting back up there )
12 5807
Good job! Glad to hear the knees are holding up under that!

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo- Thank you:) Won't likely be a problem for me though; too dang tall:disgust: :49:

Glex- Being a book nerd at an earlier time in my life helps me to get grammatically creative every now and again:49: Thank you as always for your support:xyxthumbs:

Tim- Thank you for hitting my log Tim; I know your schedule definitely has some serious time demands:D I wasnt seeing spots near the tenth rep, so I'm glad that my body was able to hold up that well. My knee feels great; better than it has in years. Although now my glutes are killing me:tear::duh:

Tonight should be Back; I'll see how I and my tree trunks feel after work.

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nuts weights, well done man, you're a real inspiration :xyxthumbs: Keep up with the hard work, although i'm sure you don't need me to tell YOU that. haha. Damn, make my log look a bit shitty.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always dig your sessions Eric, them seem like mine.

Except I do about a 1/4 of the weight :spy:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good leg presses mate and your lying leg curls are very heavy

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Damn you and that Incline BB! And don't get me started on that leg press :eek4:

I actually saw Tim quoting the 1080 set before I saw what it actually was and was hoping for the sake of humanity it wasn't something like Flat Bench or BB Curls...knowing you I wouldn't have been too shocked though :turborun:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paul- Thank you very much:) I have a lot of you to keep up with here, so my work better reflect that.

Chesti- Quality over quantity, Chesti; your forearms look better than mine:yarly:

FF- Thank you:D I need to hit my quads well, considering how tall I am.

Line-:49: :49: :49: You keep me going Line; as always, thank you for that:2:

I took the time last night to post in a lot of your logs, but was a little too tired to pound out mine. I don't want to sound like a cocky jerk, but I was pretty dang proud of what I was able to do. I decided that I needed to pick up the slack, as some of you have had some brutal splits(Line, Glex, Tweak, and Chesti, among others:D). Ergo, last night was Back, Chest, and calves(for good measure). No Arnold style though(superseting chest and back), or I'd be on a stinking slab today. Had a few funny stories last night as well; I'll cap them at the end.

Back

0--0 <---Pulldowns using that bar...thingy.

180X15(warmup)
250X12
250X11

Bent BB Rows(overhand grip; felt SO good-sorry, Yates rows)

195X20(warmup)
245X15
275X15
315X10(PB:hsughr: )

T-Bar Rows

225X20(warmup)
295X15
325X13
370X9(PB:hsughr: )

Standing Short Dumbell Rows

75X15
85X15
100X12

Seated Cable Rows

180X15
210X13
200X12(Done:disgust: )

Chest

Incline BB Press

135X20(warmup)
315X14(PB, as far as reps are concerned:hsughr: )
325X10
315X10

Decline BB Press

135X25(warmup)
225X15
255X12
275X10

Weighted Decline Dips

BW+25X15
BW+50X9
BW+80X6

Cable Crossovers

100X15(warmup)
150X15(again, PB on reps:hsughr: )
150X12
150X10

Incline Machine Press

400X15(PB on reps:hsughr: )
400X13
400X10

Calves(slow and steady; nothing really serious here)

115X25
140X15
140X20
140X17

So while I'm doing my T-Bar's, there's a kid standing next to me on the Smith. He's staring ahead, fixated on his imminent squats. He has four plates to a side, so I'm smelling the poser bs already. Monkey weighs maybe 170-180, wearing a skate shop hat and nappy but public clothes. So he cinches up his belt, steps under...and walks away.

About a minute later, he goes again, unracks it, and proceeds to do the smallest squats I've seen in a long time. Seriously, six inches would be overly generous; they were four or so, tops. Kid eeks out about five of these cop-outs, then re-racks his poor hostage plates. I could almost hear his iron victims crying for someone to use them properly. I could see acting like a wuss on an actual squat rack, but on a Smith it makes it all the more sad.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Smith. The point of it is to allow you to push growing weight without a spotter, and a solo lifter like me finds the machine worth its weight in gold. But this kid was a joke. I didn't point and laugh; it was enough for me that his little poser set took him as long as three of my T-Bar sets did. Kicker is, another poser comes walking over(tight shirt with no chest, overly styled hair, does nothing but yip on cell phone and try to talk to da women, etc.) and gives him props on the 'crazy' weight he's pushing. Lame travels in packs, I guess. Children shouldn't play with things they can't handle, or can only immitate poorly:no:

But it was hilarious:49:

Not quite as funny, but still noteworthy- On my last set of T-Bars, on literally my last rep, I had an experience I haven't had in nearly two years. The rear of the bar slipped free of the plate stack I'd set up(pansies:disgust: :49: ), and turned into a choad-rocket. Thankfully enough, I was letting the weight down when it slipped, hence I avoided any 'valley damage'; noise was loud though. I laughed it off and started to clean my bar, but I was bugged on the inside. I don't like to screw things up like that:duh: All and the same, good for a chuckle later on.

Best workout I've had in a bit, and capping it will be tough. Tonight will be quads and hams, so upward and onward. Thank you again to all those who check out and post in my log. All of your comments keep me breaking plateaus, dead serious:xyxthumbs:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
:49: Line and I witnessed something almost exactly like that earlier, Eric!

LOL at the choad rocket (chode?). It happens man, and at least you're still in the gene pool :trickysmiliey:

Stop it with the PBs already. Making us look bad :no: :49:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking 4 muscle maturity??? Lots of heavy ass weights for lots of reps. Congratz on your PBs!!!

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can only say enormous weights so many times before it looses meaning :49:

Lol nice work mayne, and lol at the story, stupid posers :no:

When are these pics coming?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex- Your spelling is probably right, but I'm just happy to still be in the gene pool either way:49::xyxthumbs:

mvsf1- Thank you for posting in my log:D I have a lot of big examples to keep up with, so I better work accordingly.

Chesti- Pics will be TONIGHT. I've put it off for too long:no:

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice going eric, heavy session on the rows, keep up the good work

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
holy crap dude you are damn strong bro

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I loved the lame-arsed story!

I've had the privelidge of having a guy on a smith machine giving me advice on squatting. Apparently I went too low!

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gr8 workout man :xyxthumbs: . Loving the stories too, especially the T-Bar one. It's happened to me, but, i wasn't so lucky. Sustained some pretty bad "Valley damage" haha :duh: . What i tend to do now is push the barbell against a wall then place a heavy Db over the rear end, it seems to work well if you get it just right. I do prefer having a spotter there to make sure though. Anyway, awesome work man, keep it up :xyxthumbs:

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mate you are just freaky, I like how you warm up for 1 set on bench and then go up like 200lbs :ughnoes: :bowroflarms: Craaaaaaazzzyyyy!!! Glad you swapped your row grip and it felt good.:xyxthumbs:

Yeah that story reminds me of a guy from my gym, always had beanie on his head, home boy look, remember him Chesty??, he even got a tattoo to be a little tougher, think his name was Matt:e5dunno: , just kiddin Chesty:gaygay::49:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PUMBA said:
Yeah that story reminds me of a guy from my gym, always had beanie on his head, home boy look, remember him Chesty??, he even got a tattoo to be a little tougher, think his name was Matt:e5dunno: , just kiddin Chesty:gaygay::49:
Hey cmon now, making fun of me should be reserved for my log :no:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dobbs- Thank you for posting:)

Max- Thank you; I need to keep up with RobRoy, TO, Pumba, Line, Glex, Ben, etc...

TO- Thank you for hitting my log:xyxthumbs:; I need to reciprocate:duh:

Tim- Sweet crap, you wonder why some people even open their mouths. I remember doing frontal rope pushdowns and having a kid from out of nowhere tell me, "You know, you could stick a bench in front of your legs to make it so you don't cheat." Straight up irritated me, as I'm a form freak that avoids cheating like an STD; odd that these people don't realize how stupid they sound when dispensing their priceless 'direction.'

Base- I'm sorry to hear about your valley damage:tear::49: I straight up build a little fort with barbell plates, but I guess it wasn't enough that time. I've never tried a dumbell before; thank you for the advice:2:

Pumba- :49::49:Thanks, big man:D I just tried to whole big jump thing a few months ago, and I love it. And again, thank you for the grip advice.

Chesti- Don't worry, I've looked worse by far:ughnoes:

Well, I have some catching up to do. It's a bit late and I'm tired though, so I'll throw my shoulder/forearm session in now, and then post my quads/calves tomorrow; or later today, as it were:e5dunno:

Shoulders

Barbell Military Press

135X20(warmup)
225X15
275X11
315X5(PB:hsughr: )

Dumbell Shoulder Press

85X11
80X12(Shoulders were tired....:no::disgust: )

Frontal Delt Raises(thumbs up)

65X15
75X12

Frontal Delt Presses

150X15
200X15
250X11

Rear Delt Flyes

160X15(working warmup)
200X13
250X8(PB:hsughr: )[Just decided to see what I could do with the stack; I didn't feel it as well though, so I likely won't go that high again]

Forearms

Standing Olympic Bar Reverse Curls Superset with Behind The Back Wrist Curls

95X15/X25
135X13/X17
155X9/X11
165X8/X9(PB:hsughr: )

Overall, a nice and fairly quick workout. Again, I let work crap all over my training schedule, but this week will be better. Quads were amazing/nauseating today, so I'm excited to post them up. Pics are incoming, once I can find my stinking adapter:duh: Again, thank you to all who check out and post in my log:2:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
First I saw a lot of dancing PB guys and was shocked as is...then I looked at the numbers and nearly fainted. I really can't believe (well I can, it's just a figure of speech) those BB Rows and Military Presses. Great work overall!