• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would kill to be as strong as you....KILL. 325x10 bench...just insane. good thing q80 isn't around anymore much coz if he ready our log he might feel humbled

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Killer session as always Eric, the 400 lb machine press stands out though.

I thought someone was stealing my strength :spy:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex- Thank you:D Yeah, my chest was pretty spent. I believe it was the pace more than the weight that did it though; good way to mix things up for myself.

Line- Fractions suck, and I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on that:xyxthumbs: I find drop sets are excellent when I'm crimped for time; they go so quick that I'm able to do six sets or so in about two-three minutes. I've really liked jumping to heavy weight for high volume after a good warm-up set instead of pyramiding up to said weight; I feel it gives me more quality in the lift itself.

Nature- Thank you for stopping by. DS is just short for drop set; I use them fairly often to really fatigue the muscle. Lifting alone means I can't safely do some things, so said sets really help me to pound things home.

CJU- Thank you; your encouragement definitely humbles me:) I've just found that my strength is more intact when I jump early to the high weights instead of building up to it; increases my pump, growth, and overall power as well. Trial and error, upward and onward:hsughr:

Chesti- The Machine Presses were almost an afterthought, but they felt really good. I was completely spent on the second set though:ughnoes:
Sorry to clepto ya though Chesti; big lug like me needs all the help he can get:tear::49:

Thank you again to everyone who's been posting in my log; the encouragement really helps me along, dead serious. Lifting without a partner leaves a motivational gap that's more than filled by all of you:xyxthumbs: Today will be...something. I'll find out when I get there:49:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good weight there buddeh
your time frame killed the weights
you musta been pumped all thru that workout
looking forward for the next man
keep it upppppp

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Thank you Hypo:)

I'll have a chance to catch up on everyone else's logs tonight as well.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
onebigeric said:
LineI've really liked jumping to heavy weight for high volume after a good warm-up set instead of pyramiding up to said weight; I feel it gives me more quality in the lift itself.
I actually tried something like that yesterday after seeing it in your log because I figured it might allow me have a heavier session for chest. I'll definitely have to keep this kind of strategy in my repertoire.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^How did it feel for you Line? I've been doing it for a couple of months now, and I'm converted in a big way. It's not HIT, but if said training and volume had an ugly baby, it'd probably be what my training has become:e5dunno:

Today was an excellent session. I went to crap on my first DS(you'll see), but the feeling was great.

Shoulders

Plate Loaded Cybex Press

180X20(warmup)
360X12(PB:hsughr: )
360X8
270X6(ds)
180X7(ds)
Just found that I can't hit the same volume on drop sets with my shoulders as I can with chest; completely makes sense considering the size of the muscle. An excellent feeling in dem delts all the same:)

Standing Side Laterals

45X10(working warmup)
50X13
60X8(PB:hsughr: )
45X9(ds)

Quarter Turn Front Raises(I hold the dumbells thumbs-up instead of straight horizontal. Really brings out seperation in my front delts and inserts to the pectorals.)

50X15
60X12

Pec Deck Reverse Flyes

140X15(warmup)
180X15
200X11

Triceps

Skullcrushers

80X15(warmup)
100X15
135X13(PB:hsughr:-Just decided to go for it)
155X12(PB:hsughr: )[One wasn't enough for today. All because of Line, dead serious; thank you for inspiring me:2:]

Standing Rope Pulldowns(VERY strict on form here; nothing moves but my lower arms. Too easy to screw up otherwise.)

100X15(warmup)
130X15
150X15
150X13

At this point, my triceps told me they were done. I usually go to about twelve working sets, but they felt excellent and complete at this point:D

Traps

Behind the Back Smith Barbell Shrugs

225X20(warmup)
315X20
405X14
495X11
585X8(PB:hsughr: )

Calves

Seated Raises

90X20(warmup)
135X15
180X13
225X10

Also did a little over 15 minutes on the stairclimber, mostly to limber my calves up. Having them seize sucks in a big way, so every step was a flat-footed stretch. I think I burned somewhere around 280 calories; about a stinking protein bar. Yahoo. Tonight felt beyond good though, as I was able to break past a number of previous marks. Quads/hams/biceps/forearms will be tomorrow.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Hitting some awesome PBs in here :2:

Hell, you and Fallen should have a shrug off :49:

Great job on the seated raises, too, and the stairclimber's a great way to loosen them up.

There's a trainer at the Y back home who I've never seen do regular front raises, always quarter turn. Same thing with all his clients.

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome session their eric, 5 new pbs, and like usual throwing around some monster weights

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
God dam those side laterials are HUGE! Likewise with the shrugs.

We want pics now :spy:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex- Thank you as always for your comments:D Fallen would probably kill me, as I don't have to lug bodies on a regular basis. I'm a fan of front raises done either way; both just hit different areas of the deltoid itself.

Something that seriously annoys me though; personal trainers. Saw a 'trainer' with a 110lb.(at most) male client the other day; kept emphasizing how cable crossovers were the ultimate chest motion. For the most part, I feel they're nothing but a bunch of posers and wannabees preaching dangerous and irresponsible technique. There are definite exceptions to my personal view though, but they seem to be fewer and further between nowadays.

Dobbs- Thank you for posting in my log. You keep training like you do, and I'll try to keep up:2:

Chesti- I've been procrastinating them enough, ya? I'll have some posted up in a week or two, but straight up, I'm nothing amazing.

Today I decided to just go with biceps/forearms. I hit the fore's first just for variety, and it felt quite good without taking anything away from the biceps themselves. I think it'll be the way I'll approach said split from now on. Tomorrow morning will be quads and hams.

Forearms

Behind the Back Barbell Flexor Curls

135X20(working warmup)
155X15(PB:hsughr: )
185X9(PB:hsughr: )

Reverse Cambered Preacher Curls

55X15(warmup)
75X15
85X11(It's the grip that goes at this point, as the thumb is really the only thing keeping the bar up)

Standing Rope Hammer Curls

100X20(warmup)
150X15
200X13(PB:hsughr: )

Biceps

Wide Grip Straight Bar Curls

80X15(working warmup)
100X15
110X12

Single Arm Dumbell Preacher Curls

45X15(warmup)
55X15
60X10
65X9(PB:hsughr: )

Seated Cable Curls(Saw Jay hitting these on BFTO 2005, and I dig 'em. I use a lat pulldown bar for an appropriately wide grip)

100X15(warmup)
150X12
130X15(Wanted to feel it more, and the 150 didn't give me that deep seperating burn)

Bent Over Concentration Curls(Think Arnold in Pumping Iron)

50X15
55X12
60X11(PB:hsughr: )

All in all, and excellent workout. Keeping this log and following all of yours has really made me hungry in my training, hence the slew of PB's in the last week or so. I just never really paid attention to that stuff before, but now it really helps me to consistently reach and improve in my training. First time in nearly six years of consistent training that I've really been this organized and systematical. Thank you all again for motivating and supporting me along:2:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Wow, huge weight on all the curling movements but I still am shocked at the amount of volume in there. Congrats on all the personal bests though, especially the one-arm preacher curls and rope hammer curls. Maybe someday I'll train forearms too...I know Glex would want us to :e5dunno:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
congrats on the PBs mate I like the Arnold concentration curls

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow man, huge DB preacher curl, that weight is banging :xyxthumbs:

Good session all up Eric, as usual lol.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line- Thank you:) I can't not train forearms; too stinking tall to do otherwise:shootme: The volume gave me an excellent pump, which is always the goal with weaker biceps like mine.

FF- Thank you FF:D I dig said curls as well from time to time. They're a little more advanced, and tough to not cheat on, but after I wrapped my lug brain around them they've really paid of well.

Chesti- The preachers felt good without putting stress on my elbows, hence my heavier than usual move. I like it when my body plesantly surprises me like that. Keep killin' em Chesti, and I will too:xyxthumbs:

Again, work calls. Workout buschwa to come:hsughr:
Edit-And I need to stop making so many freaking dumb typos:no::49:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today was another brief but intense chest session; tomorrow WILL be quads/hams/back. I've had a bad habit lately of pushing quad training to another day, and another, and another....gotta stop this garbage. My surgery is a distant memory, so I need to prioritize them a lot more than I have been lately. I have a lot of you to keep up with in that regard, so I need to get my butt in gear:duh:

Chest

Incline Barbell Press

135X20-something(warmup)
335X10(no pain in my elbow this time around; yeah buddy!!:hsughr: )
315X6(ds)
275X8(ds)
255X9(ds)
225X9(ds)
185X13(ds)[Insane pump after this drop sequence, but I'll lay off said training next time. This is my third week or so in a row of hitting my upper chest like this, and incredible pump or no, I need to maintain variety]

Incline Dumbell Flyes(Thumbs in to really pound the feeling accurately)

65X15
75X12
80X12

Weighted Decline Dips

BWX17(warmup)
BW+45X12
BW+65X8
BW+75X7

Dumbell Pullovers

80X15(warmup)
95X15
110X12

Did it all in just under 30min; as such the pump was great. I need to allow more time for something like my chest(which I love to train), but this can work too every now and again.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Man, some huge PBs in your last session, rock on! :2:

Yesterday's was great too; the inclines are amazing, and the dips and pullovers were a nice touch.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex- Thank you for always posting in my log:) The dips felt good, and I haven't done the weighted variety in some time.

Today was just Quads/Hams, as I want to give my back full attention on Monday. Not a lot to write home about as far as volume(as in a number of different lifts) goes, but I was very pleased with the weight and how well my knee held up under it all. I was virtually pain-free for my extensions, and I haven't been that way for years. So for what it's worth, here we go:

Quads

Leg Presses

540X25(warmup)
720X15
900X15
990X13
1080X10(not a PB, but I'm getting back up there:hsughr: )

Single Leg Presses(Same reps for both appendages)

270X15
360X12
450X10

Quad Extensions
Superset With
Single Leg Extensions

210X15/50X20 immediately to 70X15
290X10/90X12

Hamstrings

Lying Leg Curls

140X20(warmup)
200X15
200X15
200X12

Standing Single Leg Curls

75X13
70X11(Dropped the weight, but I was done)

So that's that for today. My glutes are already killing me, so I know I'll be sore in da mornin. Everything felt excellent, and I feel this will really get my quad training back on track. Thank you again to all who view and post in my log:xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good leg session there Eric
hope you don't get quads too big, you might not find jeans that fit them juggernauts hahaa

Glex

Glex

VIP
onebigeric said:
I'm a fan of front raises done either way
Me too, by the by. Forgot to say something about that.

Nice job getting back on track. Still fantastic numbers regardless :xyxthumbs:

You called your legs appendages :49: I like that.