• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DDANG OBE! I understand why they call u that now man, need to change the name to one big swole huge ass eric :49: Awesome numbers bro! Just awesome!

Godbless
Beno

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First time I've popped in here Eric, read through a few pages.

You are one crazy mofo, lol. Keep up the awesome work.

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:xyxthumbs: 315 for 5 military press is an amazing feat of strenght right their, of course your shoulders will be tired after that shit. I just keep getting more impressed after every one of your workouts.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line- Thank you:49: My military presses weren't quite what I would've liked(more volume wise than anything), so just like my reverse flyes, I doubt I'll go that heavy again for awhile.

Ben- Thank you:) If I'm going to have 'big' in my handle, I better keep up with guys like you who also do, Ben:xyxthumbs:

Arcane- Thank you very much for posting in my log:D

Dobbs- Thank you; I always appreciate your support. I still just wish I'd started as early as you have:xyxthumbs:

Alright, so here's the story of the quads/calves from Monday. It was an extremely gratifying session, mainly because I hit a couple of PB's that've convinced me that I'm officially back from my knee scope. My quads are looking better than they have in months, and although I do have a LONG way to go on them(stinking tall man's syndrome:disgust:), I'm happy to see straight improvement again:D

Quads

Leg Presses

540X25(warmup)
720X15
900X15
990X13
1080X10
1175X7(PB:hsughr: ....even though it was a bit of a cop-out, as I just threw on a couple of 2-1/2's to surpass my previous mark of 1170)

Single Leg Presses[oh, these sucked....in a good way:)]

360X12
270X13(ds)
180X15(ds)

Barbell Hack Squat(nothing big here; I was stinking spent)

135X15(warmup)
185X13
225X11

Quad Extensions Superset with Single Leg Extensions

190X15/50X20
250X13/70X13
295X10(PB:hsughr: )/100X9(PB:hsughr: )

Calves

Seated Raises

140X15
175X12
200X10

Now I feel confident in introducing more variety into my quad workouts, so that'll be on the way. Overall, I felt pretty dang good after that one. Today will be good; I'll have my chest, biceps, and hams knocked out by the end of the day. As always, thanks to you all who view, post, and support me in my log:D

Also, I've noticed a sad trend; gym etiquitte and protocol are virtually forgotten in the modern rush of half-committed gym drones. As such, I feel compelled to start a new subsection in my thread; the n00b of the day award. I'm not going out of my way to look for negativity in others; I'm merely sharing eyebrow raising and head-shaking incidents in the hope that they won't be repeated. Seeing as how this is the initial award, I'll give it to three:

n00b Of The Day

-As I exited the showers and went to my locker, there was a dude fairly close to my destination. I excused myself to slip by, then proceeded to open my vault of possessions. Now there's a bench by the both of us; gym doctrine would dictate that due to our semi-close proximity, he would lay his junk on one half, while I would utilize the other. Instead, he looks around like a rabbit in a scope and proceeds to move the bench about four feet away, thereby utilizing the entire unit himself. So my sizeable-half-naked-standing-on-a-towel self is forced to splay my bag/other stuff on the ground[which isn't clean enough to die on] in order to get dressed. Don't do this; share, don't impair.

-As I was about halfway through applying various no-stink and de-ugly products to my lug body, I noticed that a sink was on about three units down. So thinking it was time for a little good deed/water conservation, I mosey over to shut off the tap. I'm gone for about two seconds when someone walks up to the bank of sinks, looks around, and immediately parks himself on the one I was using. Sorrounded by my stuff apparently means 'unoccupied' to some people. Since my junk was now inaccessible to me, I walked over, smiled a bit and shook my head, and waited. Upon seeing me the guy tried to play it off with a casual attitude, but he looked like a clown all the same. Not a huge deal by any means, but it was just a little ridiculous. Actually look with your eyes; that's what they're there for.

-BSN. Your new Gold's commercial sucks almost as much as they crappy death-metal-hip-hop you used for it. Using your product is not like sex/skydiving/base jumping/bungee buschwa/blowing crap up/snowboarding/other extreme 90's cliches, etc.... It's actually overpriced and lame.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
big weight on the leg presses, lol at your n00b of the day its a good idea, I would of thought most people would of moved out of the way with you towering over them:xyxthumbs:

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well done on the PB's for the quads m8! Also lovin' your "Noob of the day" section, really innovative and down right awesome idea! :49: . Bsn commercials suck- agreed :xyxthumbs: .

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Legs session is very impressive LMAO at the 2.5 :49:

Where are the hammies :turborun:

Keep it up big bro this is good insperation man, i like seeing u hitting that hard!

Godbless
BEno

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FF- I guess the fact that I was naked may have just freaked the guy out a bit:ughnoes: :49:

Base- BSN is lame, and thank you for your ever-present support in my log:)

Ben- It's a complete wuss incriment, but hey, upward and onward:zangief::49: I wasn't even sure I could get the press up with 13 to a side, otherwise the increase would've been larger; I find I can push my additions more with quads than I can with other bodyparts. I usually don't train hamstrings with quads though, as I find one invariably takes away from the other. They will be today though, likely with back. Placing them a few days apart helps my legs to be fresh and warm for both.

Yesterday ended up just being chest, as I realized I didn't really have to rush anything this week. Today will be back, hams, and likely triceps; looking forward to that in a big way:D So here we go...

Chest

Incline Barbell Press

135X25(warmup)
340X10(PB:hsughr: )
325X9
295X10
225X15(ds)
135X24(ds)

Flat Dumbell Flyes(Thumbs in really focuses on my chest)

75X12
80X11
85X9

Decline Barbell Press

135X20(warmup)
275X10
245X11
225X11

Dumbell Pullovers

90X15(warmup)
100X15
120X13(PB:hsughr: )

All done in about an hour, and an excellent workout to boot. The 2.5 additions on my incline press is safely out of wuss territory for me[or at least I'll tell myself that:tear:], namely because my pectorals are tear-free, and I'd like to keep them that way. Small increases avoid injuries, plain and simple. No pain in my elbows either, so the gradual add-ons have that definite benefit as well:hsughr: Now it's time for.....

The n00b of the Day

-This distinction actually goes to a team today. Two older gentlemen, I'd say late 40's, picked up the nod. Now I'm a hard-liner concerning respect to others in my personal conduct, especially toward those older/wiser than me, but everyone has their moments; these were theirs. We'll call them blue shirt and chain, namely because the latter always wears a thick-linked chain fastened with a padlock around his neck, apparently everywhere he goes:e5dunno: Think Quinton Jackson meets Flavor Flav.

So blue shirt ambles out of the locker room and starts talking to chain, who's been standing on a bench with 225 loaded for about twenty minutes. Blue shirt then walks over and pulls the 90's, laying them on the only open flat bench while chucking his log book on the bench next to it. I already moved said book earlier to use a unit, so I guess the point didn't get across. He then goes back to talking to chain talk for about five, leaving his debris in the way. Then blue shirt walks over and proceeds to pump out chest presses with 90lbs....and a reverse grip....cold. Huh:e5dunno: He then racks the 90's, and lays the 100's back on 'his' bench; I actually swipe one of the 100's to do a set of pullovers:49:. Then it's back to talking with chain, who then proceeds to eek out a dangerous looking set of barbell presses; gets about five and a quarter, complete with 'did that break his sternum?' bounces. As I'm getting ready to hit the showers, I see blue shirt pump out another quizzical set of his dangerous[for him; said technique is advanced and beneficial, but the keyword here is advanced; this gentleman doesn't fit the bill for such a lift. Wonder which 'trainer' showed it to him] presses, getting about four and a half. Then it's back yapping with chain, who's been standing around doing nothing.

So they did three sets combined between them in the time it took me to do ten, all while taking up three benches to boot. Post-shower and twenty minutes later, upon emerging from the locker room I saw they were still right where I left them. That's what landed them both the dubious honor of being n00bs of the day.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your strong bro! Impressive numbers alll across the board specailly the flyes man! Keep doin it OBE!

Godbless
Beno

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good chest session there m8 :xyxthumbs: Dammit, you are just too gawd damn strong (325lbs for 10 on incline BB)! :tear: Ah well, just gives me some motivation to get my god damn lifts higher! haha. Congrats on that PB btw m8, awesome job!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ben- Thank you:) I only throw in one fly motion into any chest workout, so the flats felt good.

Base- You're doing just fine, but if I can somehow motivate you then that humbles me:xyxthumbs:

Well, for what it's worth, here's a pic of me.
[URL=http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0893nd9.jpg][/URL]
Seeing myself in focus really brings the fact to light that it's time for some serious cardio commitment on my part. I've been too concerned with rebuilding my strength post surgery, so I neglected an area that I didn't before:no: I wouldn't be surprised if I'm pushing 17 or 18% at this point, so that'll be another change. Although I did turn my recovery into a modified bulk, so no worries, I guess. Stinking endomorph...I've always carried some fat.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll throw up my back/hams/forearms session from today tomorrow morning. It was a bit of a milestone for me, so I'm a little excited:hsughr:

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
I'll throw up my back/hams/forearms session from today tomorrow morning. It was a bit of a milestone for me, so I'm a little excited:hsughr:
that's nasty, it's my job to build suspence around here loooool.

Awesome power displayed in all sessions, good to see a few PB's thrown in there mate, big effort.:xyxthumbs:

Totally enjoyed the Noob of the day stories.....looool:bowroflarms:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Huge weights as usual bro, I dig your Ronnie Coleman style of training, heavy ass weights and lots of reps :2:

Lookin huge in your pics to, is that just a relaxed pose? I'd like to see you hit a rear lat spread or a side chest or something. I wouldn't worry about your BF%, mines not low either, But if you keep gettin bigger then it don't matter.

onebigeric said:
As I was about halfway through applying various no-stink and de-ugly products to my lug body
:bowroflarms: :bowroflarms: That line got me dude :xyxthumbs:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking massive in that pic bro. Keep up the good work :xyxthumbs:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pumba- Just doing what I can to add to the tension:49: An awesome power comment coming from you definitely motivates me to go higher:xyxthumbs:

Chesti- Thank you:) Jep, that was just a relaxed pose. I don't dig this camera, as it erases most of my lines. I'll toss up some more pics soon though. Vanity is hard to appease, I guess:e5dunno: Oh, and thank you for laughing at my grammatical craziness:2:

Philosopher- Thank you for the encouragement:D It took me around fifteen minutes to actually take a pic I felt was passable. How lame is that:no:

Okay, so yesterday was a little crazy/awesome. As a result of such, the layout will be a little mixed, as I'll list the lifts in the actual order that I did them. Back and Hams were a little blended, but forearms were at least in place.

Back/Hams

Barbell Rows

175X20(warmup)
225X15
315X10
335X7(PB:hsughr: )

SLDL's

225X15(warmup)
315X10
405X7(PB on reps:hsughr: )

Deads
I guess these deserve a little explanation. Line and Pumba have had me thinking about the 500 Club a bit lately, so I began to be a little curious as to what I could actually do. This is the first time I've deadlifted since my knee scope, so I thought a semi-warmup with my SLDL's would be a prudent choice. It turned out to be very freaking prudent. Line, Pumba; thank you for inspiring and driving me:2:

515X2
500 CLUB, BABY!!!!
sorry....pride moment out of the way there
Those felt so good, I figured I might as well do some drops.
405X5(ds)
315X10(ds)
225X17(ds)

Lying Leg Curls

160X15(working warmup)
200X14
200X11
200X13

Lat Pulldowns

180X15
255X15
275X7
300X7(PB:hsughr: )

Seated Rows

160X15(warmup)
210X14
255X10(PB:hsughr: )

Standing Wide Grip Pulldowns(Again, the weight was lighter on this stack; numbers are usually lower on this)

160X15
190X13

Forearms

Reverse Preacher Curls

70X15
70X12
70X10

Behind the Back Barbell Wrist Curls

135X15
155X11
165X10

So yesterday was a milestone day for sure. I felt confident and powerful in my deadlifts, another big step back for me. Joining the 500 Club was a definite high as well. Thank you again to everyone who's viewed and posted in my log:D

Here it is......
The n00b of the Day

-Today's award goes to an oblivious teen/college student, likely one of the worst I've ever encountered. I'd just finished my second set of wide grip pulldowns, and was contemplating doing a third. My back was beyond crispy, so I was delibirating a bit.

I'm standing nearly close enough to make out with the bar, when out of nowhere this quizzical little child appears. He steps past me and begins to unhook the lat bar I'd attatched, the piece of equipment I'm standing about four inches away from. Now distance confusion can occur at times where usage is concerned, but Stevie Wonder could've seen I was using this fine piece of iron. So I did the proper thing; gave him a pitying half-smile and openly chuckled in derised amusement. The look on the kid's face was a guilty pleasure, whereupon he stammered an inquiry as to whether or not I was 'using this'. I just gave him a little shake of my head, another pitying smile, and told him I was all done.

This n00b has nearly surpassed all other n00bs in the history of man[ although this was the same gym in which another uber-n00b tried to give me the 'bench in front of my legs' advice for pulldowns, so I guess the location is infused with ignorance]. Pulling equipment out of someone's face like that is like trying to borrow their pants while they're deadlifting. That's anti-ettiquete/basic human awareness; it's almost like an active desire to be a n00b. Scary:ughnoes:

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great workout, especially on rows and deads. 515 for a double is just amazing, you got alot of strength and alot to be proud of:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMG!!! Colossal numbers OBE. Massive,massive,massive!! Super huge congrats on the P.B's sir, you are indeed a man mammoth. Those deads are worthy of the highest butt-kissing praise I can only imagine. Well done matey, I bow before thee!

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dobbs- Thank you very much:) You keep doing what you're doing though, and you'll be far ahead of me when you reach my age.

Evo- Welcome back! Excellent to see you back on the forum:xyxthumbs: Oh, and no bowing is necessary. I'm just trying to keep up with the rest of you around here, dead serious.

I can't do the right work without you guys. Thank you again:D

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, i have just gotta say, it's a pleasure to read through your log bud, you obviously give your workouts alot of intensity (515 for 2!!!, Well done on hitting the 500 club btw, awesome acheivement) and you also make your log enjoyable with the ever entertaining "N00b of the day" section, really really good log man, hope you can keep preogressing and hit the 1000 club :hhj: , in the near future!!! With your obvious work ethic, i'm sure it isn't out of reach m8, well done!