• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Favre signs with the Jets!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He is old for sure...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have no idea.

No he didn't, he was a Packer's fan, and was just upset with everything, and admitted he was wayyy too biased.

If they welcomed him back with open arms, none of it would have happened. Now, I'm not saying Green Bay should have done this, it's their choice not to. They chose not to, and Favre asked for his outright release. They denied it, yes, which was again, their right. After this point, both sides handled it very poorly, but what could Brett have done?

This won't "tarnish" Brett's legacy at all, just like Joe Montana playing for the Chiefs didn't tarnish his. Regardless, again, he wants to play football, and his family wanted him to play. This "tarnishing" his legacy stuff is bullshit, he's one of the classiest icons the NFL has ever had,

Like Favre, Jordan just wanted to play. Does Jordan give a shit that his PPG average came down? Did it tarnish his legacy? I'd say hell no, the guy got the itch, and gave it his all until he couldn't give anymore. He can live the rest of his life knowing he didn't quit too soon, which I'm sure is something Favre was thinking. It's a different story having to retire because your time has come, than having to retire when you chose to end your time early.

Yes I am. I don't blame Green Bay for anything, nor do I blame Brett Favre. I think you're just fed up with the whole media circus that covered this ordeal, and im sure both sides of that were too. But, Brett wants to play football, and he can, damn well, and it is his right to do so.

So what about Aaron Rogers development? Should Brett have retired two years ago, so Aaron Rogers could come in as a second year player? Again, if Green Bay wanted to move on, that's their choice. They should have attempted to get a deal done sooner than they did.

No there's not

He wants to play football, and that's it. Doesn't care about the money, the glory, anything else, the man just wants to go out, do what he loves, and compete at the highest level in the world. If you knew you could still do this, and be one of probably the top 5, and easily one of the top 10 QB's in the league still, would you do it? I would. Fuck society, and other stuff saying he "should" retire, it's his choice, and I think he made the right one.

i see what your saying and who knows it may just be that simple to brett that he just wants to play. but for all the trouble it has caused and relationships it has soured i don't see how this is worth it in brett's mind. i mean really for what? a couple meaningless years with the jets? this will do nothing but sour peoples' love for him and potentially hurt the legend he has created while playing in green bay. if that doesn't matter to him, then he has made an excellent decision.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i see what your saying and who knows it may just be that simple to brett that he just wants to play. but for all the trouble it has caused and relationships it has soured i don't see how this is worth it in brett's mind. i mean really for what? a couple meaningless years with the jets? this will do nothing but sour peoples' love for him and potentially hurt the legend he has created while playing in green bay. if that doesn't matter to him, then he has made an excellent decision.

He didn't mean for all of this to happen, he wanted to play with Green Bay first, so he didn't want to cause any trouble, it just happened. Again, both sides made a mess of it, which the media more than exploited.