• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Why Favre will be in the SuperBowl next Year...

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not to be a dick here but your a little off on your observations. Brett took pay cutts to stay in Green Bay. The dude suited up plenty of times that no other QB in the league would have. He could of been like every other tom dick in the league and sold out to free agency for even more cash. He simply was getting frustrated in previous years that they needed more players around him and can you really blame him. I mean damn sam gatto was there starting running back, that dude didn't even start at a D-Iaa college.

Yeah so the guy got emotional in the midst of retirement after a stunning lost and in the midst of the organization not going after Randy Moss. So what, I think you would cry too if you thought that you were done with something that you loved so much and had done your whole life.

Brett has said that he is going to show up at training camp. I honestly believe that nothing will happen and he will still be a packer. The organization can bitch about him all they want. If you've seen the interviews with the players, they say what they have to say and then they throw in, I would love to have a hof throwing me the ball. I'm sure the coaches would love to have him back too.

None the less it will be interesting to see whats going to happen.

Its ok you didnt come off as a dick but even though he took pay cuts he still earned a substantial amount of money. The only thing that makes me angry is that he keeps doing this and its showing a little immaturity like a little child who cant make up his mind. On the contrary ive seen many packers players on ESPN who say there behind Aaron Rodgers and that he is their man. Honestly I think Brett Favre is afraid to step out of the lime light.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah they say that they are behind Rodgers because they know they have to say that shit. You get counseled on what to say to the media. But right after they say they are behind Rodgers they say they'd love to have Favre throwing them the ball.

I understand what your saying with him having a hard time making up his mind, but seriously put yourself in his shoes. You have everyone telling you your too old but yet you had your most productive season ever. Again I wouldnt be nearly as considerant if this would have been a guy who had been in trouble countless times or something of that nature. But really if you think about it, he built what is the modern day Packers.

Do you guys think he'll be in a Packers uniform this season?

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
rodgers and favre are not the same qb so they are formulating their offense around rodgers style, what he is good at doing. they have spent all offseason on that and thats what the team is focused on now. switching styles again would be hard on the team.

any team that favre goes to will suck and he will have his worst season or get hurt, its fate. (see madden cover)

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, did you see they offered him 20 million to stay retired?????????

Jesus, I wish someone offered that to me. :)

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RageKing- what your talking about is high school coaching philosophies. The packers have been a west coast style team for a long time and they are still running the same shit, has nothing to do with Rodgers. I agree with your thinking that they should do that, but that never happens in the league. The packers aren't gonna go and change the entire offensive package when they have the same staff.

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

Favre is officially a jet

Your thoughts??

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RageKing- what your talking about is high school coaching philosophies. The packers have been a west coast style team for a long time and they are still running the same shit, has nothing to do with Rodgers. I agree with your thinking that they should do that, but that never happens in the league. The packers aren't gonna go and change the entire offensive package when they have the same staff.

somewhat true, but the offense has to adjust to the different style of play of the new quarter back. they wont revamp an offense around one, but the timing between the wide receivers and runningbacks changes.

and jets will not make playoffs (madden curse :hide:)