• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Global Warming

Do you believe in Global Warming?

• Total voters
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh give me a break. Once again, maybe they want 4-5 children? Should we set a limit "sorry, you can only have 2 kids". How about if the government feels that overpopulation is a major problem, and it decides that nobody is allowed to have children for the next x amount of years?

If you think over population is such a problem, do something YOURSELF, and don't reproduce. Seriously, take the initiative man, be a leader and do it. Imagine, if you and everyone else who feels that overpopulation is a problem all made a vow, and they all decided to do something, get vasectomies, or tubes litigated, then chances are you'd solve the problem for everyone.

I know the point you're trying to make, you think that overpopulation is a problem, and fair enough, you can certainly think that. But my point is, think about what must be done in order to achieve this. So, instead of whining, and hoping that government will solve problems by telling other people what they can or cannot do, do it yourself.

It's always the exact same things, people want their government to do all these things and tell all these people how to live, so long as it doesn't affect themselves.

Duality says: overpopulation is a looming problem and we should take steps to address it. a good way would be to provide financial incentive for parents to only have 2 children.

Ironslave hears: Duality thinks we should implement laws prohibiting people from reproducing. my response to him is get a vasectomy and practice what you preach. people should never for any reason be denied liberties even if those liberties begin to infringe on others.

why do you think my stance on providing financial incentive for parents to have 2 kids needs to be substantiated by me having a vasectomy? excuse me but have i anywhere said that people should cease reproduction? said we should get laws inacted to make more than 2 children illegal? no and no. i plan on having kids, 2 kids. one to replace myself and my spouse. this does not contribute to the population problem whatsoever.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality says: overpopulation is a looming problem and we should take steps to address it. a good way would be to provide financial incentive for parents to only have 2 children.

Ironslave hears: Duality thinks we should implement laws prohibiting people from reproducing. my response to him is get a vasectomy and practice what you preach. people should never for any reason be denied liberties even if those liberties begin to infringe on others.

why do you think my stance on providing financial incentive for parents to have 2 kids needs to be substantiated by me having a vasectomy? excuse me but have i anywhere said that people should cease reproduction? said we should get laws inacted to make more than 2 children illegal? no and no. i plan on having kids, 2 kids. one to replace myself and my spouse. this does not contribute to the population problem whatsoever.
There is a saying that only stupid people are breeding. While not quite true it does make a point. Those that will actually think (i.e. the smarter people from the quote) about doing something themselves about population control need to do more than just be neutral. They have to make up for the idiots that will have their share and your share.

So vascectomies all round then gents!:xyxthumbs:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Sumed up nicely :tiphat:

Who is going to pay financial incentive? Why should I pay someone to keep them from having kids? I know you haven't completely advocated no reproduction, but seriously, if you think it's so bad, and you have little faith that others will, then do it for them. If you have 0 children, and they have 4, it would all even out.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sumed up nicely :tiphat:

Who is going to pay financial incentive? Why should I pay someone to keep them from having kids? I know you haven't completely advocated no reproduction, but seriously, if you think it's so bad, and you have little faith that others will, then do it for them. If you have 0 children, and they have 4, it would all even out.

whoa whoa whoa.....back it up, by financial incentive i don't mean awarding the parents who have 1 or 2 kids, i mean penalizing through taxes the ones who have in excess of 2. no one is then burdened...except the selfish parents who bring more than they should into the world.

and dude come one, yes that math works out, but that totally misses the point. this is on a grand scale of things. if i don't have kids, and someone has 4, it's even. but what about the other family who has 5? i certainly can't have children in the negatives...lol. everyone must do their fair share and no one person is going to make the difference in any of this. it is a joint effort.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whoa whoa whoa.....back it up, by financial incentive i don't mean awarding the parents who have 1 or 2 kids, i mean penalizing through taxes the ones who have in excess of 2. no one is then burdened...except the selfish parents who bring more than they should into the world.

and dude come one, yes that math works out, but that totally misses the point. this is on a grand scale of things. if i don't have kids, and someone has 4, it's even. but what about the other family who has 5? i certainly can't have children in the negatives...lol. everyone must do their fair share and no one person is going to make the difference in any of this. it is a joint effort.
Sound like you are going to have to find several friends to also have vascectomies.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:angrydude: :angrydude: ^^^ you guys are missing the point! :angrydude:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

And where would this money go towards? What if government then decides that it's going to raise taxes after your first child? Or raise taxes for every child you have?

I know, but it's just not fair to tell someone else "sorry, you have enough kids". If people feel strongly that it would be for the good of humanity to lower the population, take the initiative and don't reproduce. Let others "ruin" the earth, but know that you did your part to "save" it.

..... I've yet to come across anyone willing to do this.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:angrydude: :angrydude: ^^^ you guys are missing the point! :angrydude:
You wanted to curb population didn't you?
THen you have to do something about it, not whine about everyone not doing it. If you are so committed to your view then act upon it.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Ironslave
And where would this money go towards? What if government then decides that it's going to raise taxes after your first child? Or raise taxes for every child you have?

um is having extra money a problem? i have an idea, how about we use it to towards our massive federal debt! sounds like a plan!!

and why would this plan call for more taxes if someone has 2 children or less? i have clearly and many a time stated that 2 children is the limit, to replace you and your spouse. you act as if this plan would spin out of control and tax anyone who has children excessively, it wouldn't , it's a fairly basic and simple concept.

I know, but it's just not fair to tell someone else "sorry, you have enough kids". If people feel strongly that it would be for the good of humanity to lower the population, take the initiative and don't reproduce. Let others "ruin" the earth, but know that you did your part to "save" it.

there's no way you can think an excessively populated earth is a good thing. anyone who does is quite frankly....wrong. your acting as if this is subjective, it's not.

..... I've yet to come across anyone willing to do this.

wanna know why? because IT MISSES THE POINT of what true population control is all about. it must be acted on a grand scale. you pretend that the person who will not get a vasectomy is a hypocrite....he's not, not as long as he does his part to make sure the population doesn't increase. and having ONE child to replace yourself insures this.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is a saying that only stupid people are breeding. While not quite true it does make a point. Those that will actually think (i.e. the smarter people from the quote) about doing something themselves about population control need to do more than just be neutral. They have to make up for the idiots that will have their share and your share.

So vascectomies all round then gents!:xyxthumbs:

there's nothing that pisses me off more than seeing an obviously poor mexican family (or any heritage for that matter, but they seem to be the worst offenders) with 6 children trailing them as they enter their local walmart. these people put excess burden on us all and waste our tax dollars when they cannot provide or take care of what they brought into the world. however i do not see the need to punish myself and deny myself A (1) child to make up for their complete stupidity and selfishness.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there's nothing that pisses me off more than seeing an obviously poor mexican family (or any heritage for that matter, but they seem to be the worst offenders) with 6 children trailing them as they enter their local walmart. these people put excess burden on us all and waste our tax dollars when they cannot provide or take care of what they brought into the world. however i do not see the need to punish myself and deny myself A (1) child to make up for their complete stupidity and selfishness.
So you are advocating population control on only certain segments of the society :dunnodude: Eugenics was outlawed for a reason and ethnic cleansing is frowned upon these days.

You will have a hard time convincing anyone that they should have to curb their reproduction when you are unwilling as well. Just because you only want 2 kids doesn't justify your argument.

Population isn't really as much of an issue as resource usage, and the two aren't indeliably intertwined.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i want 5 kids :carduindisguise

so the family that has 2 kids and is just getting by to support them, suddenly the wife gets pregnant and they have a third unplanned child. now they are trying to support three kids when they could barely support two, and on top of that have to pay more taxes to the government :dunnodude:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Tim290280
So you are advocating population control on only certain segments of the society :dunnodude: Eugenics was outlawed for a reason and ethnic cleansing is frowned upon these days.

and you say i have a problem reading others posts.

where the hell do you even get this? did i not say that race isn't a factor? and i was only using mexicans as an example....hmm i think i did. read the post.

the fact of the matter is that it is the poorer sect of society that often times has the most children when they are not able to support them. that was the point of that post.

You will have a hard time convincing anyone that they should have to curb their reproduction when you are unwilling as well. Just because you only want 2 kids doesn't justify your argument.

do you guys intentionally misinterpret me or do you just do it to get a rise out of me? Jesus it's like i'm talking to a wall.

i would like to have more children as long as i am financially able to support them, but i will not. replacing you and your spouse IS population control. if people do that, the population stops expanding....this isn't hard.

the only real way to provide incentive to people to stop reproducing at such a rapid rate is to hit them where everyone feels it, their pocketbooks.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i want 5 kids :carduindisguise

so the family that has 2 kids and is just getting by to support them, suddenly the wife gets pregnant and they have a third unplanned child. now they are trying to support three kids when they could barely support two, and on top of that have to pay more taxes to the government :dunnodude:

it's called birthcontrol. if you don't hold people accountable for their mistakes they'll keep making them. my advice to this family would be don't have ANY children until you can provide for them like good parents should.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By controlling the population you take a big right for the people. Their right to reproduce but since we dont have natural selection these days we should pay attention to the amount of people we have on the world. There's going to be a point were we have too many. So we should watch it closely though I think its gonna be very hard to let te people understand they cant have more kids than 2. They already like to control all other aspects of our life

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By controlling the population you take a big right for the people. Their right to reproduce but since we dont have natural selection these days we should pay attention to the amount of people we have on the world. There's going to be a point were we have too many. So we should watch it closely though I think its gonna be very hard to let te people understand they cant have more kids than 2. They already like to control all other aspects of our life

good post. the fact we don't have natural selection nor do we have to fight for survival means we must implement our own form of population control.

and your not taking away their right to reproduce, your just asking them to do it sensibly. sometimes you must provide incentive for people to be sensible, that's what the tax is for.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and you say i have a problem reading others posts.

where the hell do you even get this? did i not say that race isn't a factor? and i was only using mexicans as an example....hmm i think i did. read the post.

the fact of the matter is that it is the poorer sect of society that often times has the most children when they are not able to support them. that was the point of that post.

do you guys intentionally misinterpret me or do you just do it to get a rise out of me? Jesus it's like i'm talking to a wall.

i would like to have more children as long as i am financially able to support them, but i will not. replacing you and your spouse IS population control. if people do that, the population stops expanding....this isn't hard.

the only real way to provide incentive to people to stop reproducing at such a rapid rate is to hit them where everyone feels it, their pocketbooks.
I was being intentionally obtuse as you seem to not see the great flaw in your point. Poor people who can least afford kids still have lots of them. This has been the case for centuries. As standard of living rises and as education level rises you tend to get a decrease in birth rate. But the huddled masses that spawn their little tikes have had many years to achieve the same levels of affluence and understanding of the world and still fall short.

As a result you are asking for some sort of control over breeding for certain sections of the population. You say financial control, I hear eugenics.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was being intentionally obtuse as you seem to not see the great flaw in your point. Poor people who can least afford kids still have lots of them. This has been the case for centuries. As standard of living rises and as education level rises you tend to get a decrease in birth rate. But the huddled masses that spawn their little tikes have had many years to achieve the same levels of affluence and understanding of the world and still fall short.

As a result you are asking for some sort of control over breeding for certain sections of the population. You say financial control, I hear eugenics.

ahh....now i'm liking what you're saying. so your response to my tax on families having more than 2 kids is that it will do nothing since poor people already have kids irregardless of financial situation and this will only make it worse. hmm, that is a good point. but what else are we to do? you can't outright make a law against having more than 2 children, only give incentive to do so. even though this tax will hurt those too stupid to realize they have no right to bring children into this world let alone multiple ones, it will still nonetheless make some strides into limiting the amount of newborns. that is more or less the bottom line....no?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ you want less people in the world we need a decent war......... Either that or Opera proposes it on TV.