• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Global Warming

Do you believe in Global Warming?

• Total voters
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
um is having extra money a problem? i have an idea, how about we use it to towards our massive federal debt! sounds like a plan!!

and why would this plan call for more taxes if someone has 2 children or less? i have clearly and many a time stated that 2 children is the limit, to replace you and your spouse. you act as if this plan would spin out of control and tax anyone who has children excessively, it wouldn't , it's a fairly basic and simple concept.

Are issues like this EVER that simple with the way governments work? This is the major thing you're missing. You're thinking too much in terms of idealism, you need to realize that the nature of governments doesn't work like that. The intent of such a program might only be to tax people once they have 3 kids, but once we start introducing that, chances are it would transcend into something else, easily.

Do governments ever spend all the money for what it is supposed to be used for?

there's no way you can think an excessively populated earth is a good thing. anyone who does is quite frankly....wrong. your acting as if this is subjective, it's not.

No, not at all. I'm just simply stating that it is a violation of personal liberty to tell someone they can't reproduce when they want to, and it's unfair to hit them up with massive taxes just for doing such.

wanna know why? because IT MISSES THE POINT of what true population control is all about. it must be acted on a grand scale. you pretend that the person who will not get a vasectomy is a hypocrite....he's not, not as long as he does his part to make sure the population doesn't increase. and having ONE child to replace yourself insures this.

Then you're not contributing to the solution, are you? If you want the population to go down so badly, don't have any kids. Imagine, if everyone who felt this way didn't have kids, then we would not be discussing this issue at all.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Isn't it Oprah, not opera?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Ironslave
Are issues like this EVER that simple with the way governments work? This is the major thing you're missing. You're thinking too much in terms of idealism, you need to realize that the nature of governments doesn't work like that. The intent of such a program might only be to tax people once they have 3 kids, but once we start introducing that, chances are it would transcend into something else, easily.

Do governments ever spend all the money for what it is supposed to be used for?

i understand what you're saying here but just because our governement is inept at handling money and doing what it's supposed to doesn't mean that this plan, at it's core, doesn't have some potential. of course its idealistic, it's hopes of working are that people fear/don't want extra taxes enought to deter them from having excess children and government would NOT then increase taxes or deviate from the original plan, which is ONLY to tax those who have more than 3 children with taxes raising after each child after 2. i can't account for our governments corruption/ineptitude here that is unfair to ask.

No, not at all. I'm just simply stating that it is a violation of personal liberty to tell someone they can't reproduce when they want to, and it's unfair to hit them up with massive taxes just for doing such.

and it is here that i say you are being overly idealistic. whenever ANYTHING is a violation (in the least bit) of personal liberty, you shoot it down. that is not realistic. you can't allow people to more or less do as they please because they all have a right to as much liberty as they want as you seem to think they do. you HAVE to have regualtion and limits on people that allow them to enjoy their liberties, but in moderation. i am not taking away their right to reproduce, not in the least bit.

Then you're not contributing to the solution, are you? If you want the population to go down so badly, don't have any kids. Imagine, if everyone who felt this way didn't have kids, then we would not be discussing this issue at all.

i don't think you really mean this, i think you are still trying to prove what to me is a rather poor example and not a solution in the least bit. i'm advocating a nationwide plan that has potential to help, your just trying to make me believe that if i have any children i'm part of the problem, and that is just not true as long as that number stays at or below 2, still allowing everyone their personal right to reproduce. i really wish you'd understand me on this because i know you know what i am saying.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do understand what you're saying, I'm just giving you an example (get a vasectomy) meaning that you might not be part of the problem, but you're not part of the solution.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Isn't it Oprah, not opera?
Like I'd know:wutyousay:
Last time I watched any daytime TV it was the day after I did my knee. Got a weeks worth of DVD's after 20mins of that shit.

Reading back through the thread it is interesting that Duality has hijacked this thread with his population control debate rather than the global warming issue, is it not? Illustrative of how climate change isn't as tangiable a concept so people want to take easy side issues rather than discuss and learn about the real issues.:linedrunk:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like I'd know:wutyousay:
Last time I watched any daytime TV it was the day after I did my knee. Got a weeks worth of DVD's after 20mins of that shit.

Reading back through the thread it is interesting that Duality has hijacked this thread with his population control debate rather than the global warming issue, is it not? Illustrative of how climate change isn't as tangiable a concept so people want to take easy side issues rather than discuss and learn about the real issues.:linedrunk:

lol true but that was unintentional. i used it as an example (overpopulation) and then people just started talking about it :wutyousay:

and it's not that i don't think climate control is a potentially serious issue, but i think population control is comparable in terms of the level of attention it will one day require. and i must admit i'm not very well read on the whole global warming debate, thus why i have not chimed in on the issue.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do understand what you're saying, I'm just giving you an example (get a vasectomy) meaning that you might not be part of the problem, but you're not part of the solution.

i understand the logic behind it but i find it a very elementary response to the little plan i've derived to possibly help curb the problem and what i've been saying. getting vasectomies will not fix anything.

WaveRider

WaveRider

You do realise that this argument happened before the green revolution as well. Man always finds away around the problem.

......... BTW when is this topic going back to Global warming

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff