• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

guitar songs/riffs

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
20inch - Im going to assume you know very little about metal in general.

you're very ignorant to say that i dont like bands when they start becomming successful.

your half right on that, i'm not a huge metal expert. but i have had conversations with others who are, and they pretty much echoed what i said and thought slipknot deserved their success and were a good band.

and it was an assumption about you knot :)keke:) liking bands when they become successful. i've heard others say they dislike slipknot and more or less this was the vibe i got, that they didn't like that they were relatively "mainstream" as compared to other metal bands.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
lol bands can be as succesful as they want and ill still like them... as long as they dont get 'metallica syndrome'

NOONE that is a LEGITIMATE metalhead that ive met has ever said that slipknot was more than a pile of dogshit.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
We should really make this back into its original purpose.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ What? Bagging Slipknot?

Because you haven't sold me on the Death Metal vocal thing yet.

BTW the Metal Storm Awards are taking votes now.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I don't care if you like death metal vocals :keke:

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i do believe this is in the wrong section now lulz :keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't care if you like death metal vocals :keke:

:thumbsup2:

I start making my guitar at the end of the month. :gaysign: Thinking Sarafass or Blackwood. Walnut is a maybe as it is a bit too heavy and would need chambering or a thinline body.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
silly nutzy

Tim - What style guitar are you making? or is it your own design?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
silly nutzy

Tim - What style guitar are you making? or is it your own design?

I'm thinking something simple to begin with. I'll probably use a bodyshape design similar to either the Templar Scythe or Scheter Hellraiser Avenger. Just a simple carve on the top and then set neck. Depending on the look of the wood I'll either go versatile with the setup or make it a metal guitar.

I'll send some links when I buy the wood.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Sounds like it will look great!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm hoping it will sound great as well. But that is the real trick :bitenails:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
What kind of electronics and hardware are you thinkin of?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Well I'd prefer passive pickups and was thinking Seymour Duncans. Versatile setup I'd go a JB and a Jazz (the rolled gold standard for everything from blues to metal), metal I'd go an INvader or something like that.

Also want some decent tuners and bridge. No trem, just hardtail with string thru body.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We should really make this back into its original purpose.

lol you found it. i totally forgot about that exchange we had there.

and tim, you're making a guitar?!? that's incredible. how long does a process like that take?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Im a fan of passive pickups. Ive got Dimarzzio X2N pickups in my metal guitar, passive pickups with the output of an active haha

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Ive been looking at dimarzzio D'activator for my neck pickup for awhile also

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and tim, you're making a guitar?!? that's incredible. how long does a process like that take?
Starting end of the month :tiphat:

I've been buying up tools and setting up a woodworking room for the past few months. I've got most things now, just need the materials. Actually making a guitar from scratch is a hobby so it will take as long as it takes. I've seen pro's do a brand new design start to finish in 20 days. I've seen complete amateurs do the same in 3 years. The basic building doens't take long, it is the finish and fit that takes the time. Setting up a guitar can take a day or more alone by a pro!!!

So I'll just go at a reasonable pace so I end up with a good guitar and don't mess things up along the way. I plan on taking pics and keeping a build thread on a luthier forum. I can send links when I start if you like :thumbsup2:

Skeptic said:
Im a fan of passive pickups. Ive got Dimarzzio X2N pickups in my metal guitar, passive pickups with the output of an active haha
Ive been looking at dimarzzio D'activator for my neck pickup for awhile also
I checked out the Dimarzzio pickups on their page with the auto-chooser. I liked the idea of some of those by their description. But hanging around luthier forums you get the sense that the only people who use them are Ibanez/Vai/Satriani fans. Everyone else steers clear or goes prefers the smaller handwound manufacturers who will do custom specs. So I'm not sure.

But either way passive with high output pisses all over the super low output active with its amp. If I'm going to have an amp in my guitar I'm going to have peizo's or a midi driver.

WillTheThrill

WillTheThrill

anything by Ted Nugent, cat scratch fever, Stranglehold is a good one