• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jahid Hasan is banned for life

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Jahid Hasan was given a lifetime ban by the Bangladesh Bodybuilding Federation on disciplinary grounds after kicking a gift box on stage at the award-giving ceremony of the BBF National Bodybuilding Championship on December 23.

Jahid Hasan

Jahid competed in the men's physique 170-centimetre plus category and won silver, however he was dissatisfied with the verdict made by an 11-member panel that included four foreign judges.

Jahid, a 28-year-old Ansar team athlete, got the silver medal and a gift box at the award ceremony and walked away from the stage before kicking the gift box, according to a video he shared on social media.

Following the incident in the National Sports Council auditorium, the executive committee of the Bangladesh Bodybuilding Federation voted to ban him for life and withdraw his silver medal at a meeting on Sunday.

'I deserved to be first, but I was denied it. The judges are crooked and were complicit in game manipulation. Because I couldn't control my fury at the time, I acted this way in protest,' Jahid, who won this championship twice before in 2020 and 2021, told New Age on Monday.

When questioned about the lifelong ban, Jahid said, 'I will go to court to achieve justice, and I'm preparing for it.'

'Jahid had previously won this event, but he came in second this time. He was unable to accept it. He grew enraged after accepting the award and exhibited his rage in an inappropriate way,' claimed Bodybuilding Federation media committee head Nurul Islam Khan Naeem.

'Everyone in the hall felt terrified owing to his unexpected wrath,' claimed Federation general secretary Nazrul Islam. We, the executive committee, decided to ban him for life because we regarded it to be a major breach of discipline.'