• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay 2009 vs. Ronnie 2003

Who takes it?

• Ronnie Coleman 2003

Votes: 114 75.0%
  • Jay Cutler 2009

Votes: 38 25.0%

• Total voters
Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you should have posted the 03 prejudging pictures, there wouldn't be a single vote for cutler

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
laugh all u want, doesent change my stance. from the first day i saw cutler and coleman on stage, i thought jay had a better physique. so what? im entitled to my opinion. bbing is a very subjective sport, what i find appealing and aestethic may differ completely from ur own perception(look at the votes in this thread, about 50/50 baby) and still none of us are "right" or "wrong" i dont see the point in posting just to say u didnt read what i said(i know u did btw).

do u agree that ronnie has more weaknesses than jay? see my point? a weakness in a physique is the first thing my eyes are drawn too, and when that weakness stands out among an ocean of strenghts, it disturbs the balance of the physique. when i look at jay i see no weaknesses, everything is balanced and the mass is evenly distributed. when i look at ronnie, compared to jay, i see biceps overpowering his triceps, legs that are way too big for his calves which basically arent even there, distended abdominals, and no quad separation.

jay is a more complete bodybuilder imo. and i think bbing should be about having a balanced physique. ronnies physique is freaky, and enormeous, but again, it doesent appeal even the slightest bit to me. never has and never will.
:thumbsup2: I'm with you dude! Always prefered Cutler to Coleman just personal preference really, both at there best are incredible

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We'd really need them to be side by side on stage to really judge.

Just based on these shots though, it is really close. Imagine if Jay had brought this package in 2003!!!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie at his best = unbeatable..

hows that?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie easily... it's tough to tell by these pics, but if you put the 03 Coleman on stage vs the 09 Cutler, even MadMax would agree it's a no contest.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you should have posted the 03 prejudging pictures, there wouldn't be a single vote for cutler

Err..i really thought i posted PJ pictures!?

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

jay wins the hair style, big ron is the man.

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

ronnie27f3d5-1.jpg
ronniecoleman9mrolympia2003-1.jpg

i know jay has made some improvements since 2003 but ronnie is huge even for 2009 jay.
ronnie owned jay in the back shots his back has much more detail and muscle quality his glutes are beyond shredded.he's a mass monster but still not blocky.he has muscle quality and maturity that jay doesn't have yet.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've had another look and Ronnie is still the King!!!

Just check the legs and back! Ronnie still had great conditioning even with all that mass.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've had another look and Ronnie is still the King!!!

Just check the legs and back! Ronnie still had great conditioning even with all that mass.

I agree. Despite being a Cutler fan (a die-hard one) Ronnie is still Ronnie. I think even Jay would agree with us, Ronnie's the best bodybuilder ever.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree. Despite being a Cutler fan (a die-hard one) Ronnie is still Ronnie. I think even Jay would agree with us, Ronnie's the best bodybuilder ever.

the prejudging vid I posted realy says it all, ronnie 2003 is called unbeatable for a reason

kingdavid1

kingdavid1

Wake up and smell the coffee, tea or whatever you drink.

Jay Cutler was and will never be on Ronnie Coleman's level. Ronnie Colemans, size, conditioning and work ethic far exceeded anyone is his time or before him. People have the tendency to go for who is on top at the moment. Take Ronnie Coleman's 1999 Olympia and compare that. Jay Cutler has a 40 Inch waist and no striations in his chest or cuts in his back. Come on.......

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ insane forearm on Phil in your avi! :bitenails:

OoDee

OoDee

:49: i stopped reading afte ru said "jays physique flows better than ronnies"

LMAO

Make no mistake about it, the boy had a point.

I can't pick a clear winner out of this comparison.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: i stopped reading afte ru said "jays physique flows better than ronnies"

LMAO

I agreed, I did the same.
This shouldn't even be a comparison. No one on this earth can come close to beating that Ronnie. Lights out, Ronnie wins

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am dumbfounded that people actually voted for Jay in this one. :doh:
Saying it is a subjective sport is not really true seeing as it is judged, so then you can say gymnastics, ice skating and all other judged sports are subjective but what matters is who wins in the qualified judges eyes. Jay was never able to beat Ronnie when he was on or even a little off. Jay barely beat a very off Ronnie when he finally did dethrone him. Like Jay all you want, he loses hands down. Even though Jay does look great, i will give him that.

Edy

Edy

Ronnie .. Without any question.

Attachments

• 2003.jpg
    2003.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 152
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
pics chosen are skewed to make jay look closer than what he is. ronnie isnt even hitting half the poses properly and still looks better+bigger.