• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay 2009 vs. Ronnie 2003

Who takes it?

• Ronnie Coleman 2003

Votes: 114 75.0%
  • Jay Cutler 2009

Votes: 38 25.0%

• Total voters
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saying it is a subjective sport is not really true seeing as it is judged, so then you can say gymnastics, ice skating and all other judged sports are subjective but what matters is who wins in the qualified judges eyes.

Good point, you can say the same thing about boxing :io:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is a lot closer than I would have expected. Ronnie still has superior structure with a little better symmetry and less flaws. His physique flows a little better as a whole but, Jay comes as close as anyone has.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
laugh all u want, doesent change my stance. from the first day i saw cutler and coleman on stage, i thought jay had a better physique. so what? im entitled to my opinion. bbing is a very subjective sport, what i find appealing and aestethic may differ completely from ur own perception(look at the votes in this thread, about 50/50 baby) and still none of us are "right" or "wrong" i dont see the point in posting just to say u didnt read what i said(i know u did btw).

do u agree that ronnie has more weaknesses than jay? see my point? a weakness in a physique is the first thing my eyes are drawn too, and when that weakness stands out among an ocean of strenghts, it disturbs the balance of the physique. when i look at jay i see no weaknesses, everything is balanced and the mass is evenly distributed. when i look at ronnie, compared to jay, i see biceps overpowering his triceps, legs that are way too big for his calves which basically arent even there, distended abdominals, and no quad separation.

jay is a more complete bodybuilder imo. and i think bbing should be about having a balanced physique. ronnies physique is freaky, and enormeous, but again, it doesent appeal even the slightest bit to me. never has and never will.

I did read this and if you want to talk about weakness lets talks about all the wrinkles jay has in his glutes, and the loose skin.

Actually symmetry is absolutely not subjective their is a mathematical formula for the dimensions of a perfectly symmetrical face. Meaning everything proportioned equally. So the point about symmetry being preference is not correct. Symmetry is something objective that can be measured.

But you are right about one thing you can have your own opinion and no one can stop you from that. But opinions are statements. The truth value a statement contains is dependent on the weight of all truthful statements that the the opinion is being continued from.

So one opinion can be more truthful than another. Which means one opinion is more correct than another. Based off of the characteristics/values that are held these days in bodybuilding Coleman takes the cake. Its not even a question b/c Jay still cant beat Ronnie from the back, and it is not bc he did not work hard it is b/c Ronnies genetics are just that amazing.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: i stopped reading afte ru said "jays physique flows better than ronnies"

LMAO

ROFL I did too. But on that note they both have HUGE amounts of muscle with a low bodyfat and dry looks when it comes down to who would you prefer it's relative to the body type you prefer, That in my opinon is 2003 is the best Ronnie will look, Jay may be able to cut his wist down a few more inches and dominate the contests.

kingdavid1

kingdavid1

i prefer jay over ronnie. i just think his physique flows alot better. ronnie was brutally huge and everything, but ive honestly never liked his physique in the sense that he looks like he's put together from different parts. great bis, not so great tris, enormeous legs, but no calfs and lacks that deep quad separation that cutler has. also, though jays waist may be wider, i dont like the gut that ronnie carried with those distended abs. it looks off in the ab and thigh pose.

in the end, its not about the greatest amount of strenghts but the least amount of weaknesses, and i think jay prevails much because he doesent really have any weakness. his phusique is incredibly well proportioned and well put together for his size. thats not to say ronnie wasnt amazing cuz he was. but i honestly have always just appreciated cutlers physique more, and thought he carries his mass better.
Lets be serious here. Ronnie's physique demolishes Jay Cutlers on every scale. The only body part that Jay may have Ronnie Coleman on is abdominals. Come on people, get real here. Jay is hardly never in great conditioning. He's getting some praise because he looked like crap last and the year before that.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
anyone that claims that Jay is better then Ronnie in both of their primes is either blind.. or simply racist.. or the combination of both which would conclude to being a complete idiot.

kingdavid1

kingdavid1

ROFL I did too. But on that note they both have HUGE amounts of muscle with a low bodyfat and dry looks when it comes down to who would you prefer it's relative to the body type you prefer, That in my opinon is 2003 is the best Ronnie will look, Jay may be able to cut his wist down a few more inches and dominate the contests.
Jay Cutler is a big dude and Ronnie Coleman is a bigger dude. Whether you prefer, size over conditioning or aesthetics thats is truly your preference. But Jay Cutler doesn't doiminate any show he enters or will enter. And far as his waist is concerned. It's probably 38-40 inches. He can't change that. Dexter Jackson should have won this year...in my opinion

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay Cutler is a big dude and Ronnie Coleman is a bigger dude. Whether you prefer, size over conditioning or aesthetics thats is truly your preference. But Jay Cutler doesn't doiminate any show he enters or will enter. And far as his waist is concerned. It's probably 38-40 inches. He can't change that. Dexter Jackson should have won this year...in my opinion
It's not just the size and conditioning that Ronnie had over Jay. It's the fact that he had incredible muscularity and separation as well.
Ronnie's physique may not flow that well, and Jay's certainly doesn't either, but when you have a guy like Ronnie, it doesn't matter how well your physique flows compared to his because he brought muscularity to a whole new level that no one comes close to.

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

lmao when i read wut you said about jay's waist :doh: i hate jays physique but i think you are a racist. dex has no calves or quad separations or mass not to mention he has long torso to take jay out plus its the same old dex didn't improve much.

Jay Cutler State:
35 years old, August 3, 1973
5'9"
274 contest weight
310 off season weight
22 ½" arms
31" thighs
20" calves
34" waist
19 ½" neck
http://www.jaycutler.com/sub/biography.htm

C

Comin_Up

i like jay. i think he looks better i stopped liking ronnie after he won his first 3 or so once he started getin really big he just didnt look good to me so yea id say jay. But ronnies first 2 or 3 wins he was the best bodybuilder of all time no doubt. i dont get why just because your super huge you win. yea i know he was in great shape all the time to but i think you have to look pleasing and ya know what im sayin :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
LOL what is it with the rascism comments in here. imo Ronnie 03 would win. And to kingdavid who said Dex should have won, no he shouldn't have won at all. Best Jay.

G

Griffstrong

The bigger you are doesn't mean you automatically win the show. Even as big as ronnie got he still kept his waist in check and was incredibly proportional. Plus, last time I checked it was bodyBUILDING. not body-maintaining.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Only if we could get them both on stage in this condition... I as always prefer Jay's physique

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo Jay's tanning and lightning helps him alot. I'd still prefer Ronnie.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Ronnie >>>>>> Jay.

R

Ruhlforever

Ronnie Coleman 2003 version is the holliest of the holliest Hands down, however I love this NEW Jay Cutler, sharper, cut, dried and even YOUNGER younger more than 10 years with the lack of water and muscularity he now carries.

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

no one can touch 70's arnold.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie Coleman 2003 version is the holliest of the holliest Hands down, however I love this NEW Jay Cutler, sharper, cut, dried and even YOUNGER younger more than 10 years with the lack of water and muscularity he now carries.

I dont agree with Ronnie 2003 being Holliest of the Holliest but I do agree with Jay looking quite a few years younger this last Olumpia!!