• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutler won

A

ALX73

Dexter predicted a win for himself and, looking as he did, had no reason not to. Despite all these charges I keep reading of Dexter being cocky, I simply don't see it. Jay predicted a win for himself as well this year (at least according to Flex Magazine). The truth is, it's unlikely you know either athlete, how humble they are in person, or how they carry themselves. Bodybuilding, from an industry standpoint, is as much about the buildup to the shows as it is about the shows themselves. Reading a few out of context quotes here and there or watching some promotional video for a magazine is hardly enough to pass such judgment on the personality of others.
what i was refering to was the comment that Dex made on the BB talk radio show about Jay being unable to make the "necessary adjustments" when dialing it in for a show. Jay's All Access dvd shows the footage from last years press conference when they played the audio and put Dex on the spot. This year Jay shoved it up his ass. Beautiful!

msuman

msuman

Like someone said earlier, if Phil looked for the prejudging like he DID for the finals, he would've been at LEAST 2nd behind Jay.

without a doubt.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
what i was refering to was the comment that Dex made on the BB talk radio show about Jay being unable to make the "necessary adjustments" when dialing it in for a show. Jay's All Access dvd shows the footage from last years press conference when they played the audio and put Dex on the spot. This year Jay shoved it up his ass. Beautiful!
You really find this display of vindictiveness impressive?

M

msjodin

No doubt the best bodybuilder won this year.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dexter predicted a win for himself and, looking as he did, had no reason not to. Despite all these charges I keep reading of Dexter being cocky, I simply don't see it. Jay predicted a win for himself as well this year (at least according to Flex Magazine). The truth is, it's unlikely you know either athlete, how humble they are in person, or how they carry themselves. Bodybuilding, from an industry standpoint, is as much about the buildup to the shows as it is about the shows themselves. Reading a few out of context quotes here and there or watching some promotional video for a magazine is hardly enough to pass such judgment on the personality of others.

Steve Namat is a member here and he was nothing but complimentry of Dex.

Plus there didn't appear to be any animosity between Dex and Jay at Dex's show a couple months back.

So I agree with you Line that alot of the conflict/hype/pre-contest spite is probably nothing more than marketing. Plus these guys are professional athletes, they have to be able to have game face and then normal dispositions.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just looking at the posedown pics and I'm just feeling so disillusioned. Don't get me wrong Jay shocked us with his conditioning, but the more you look at him the more average he looks.

Yeah, average all the way... :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

He won with perfect scores... but he's pretty average. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, average all the way... :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

He won with perfect scores... but he's pretty average. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Good to see your comprehension skills haven't improved. Wouldn't want to see you making any drastic improvements. :duh:

Take a look at his pre-contest pics. Then make your way through to the presentation photos. Then compare them. Notice something??? Others actually looked better the longer they were up there.

Savjav

Savjav

It was all about the hair - new hair cut and whoops...a new man with a killer physic and there is nothing to say about it – all respect to Jay!!!

i guess that explains branch's placing with his new handle bars:borat:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see your comprehension skills haven't improved. Wouldn't want to see you making any drastic improvements. :duh:

Take a look at his pre-contest pics. Then make your way through to the presentation photos. Then compare them. Notice something??? Others actually looked better the longer they were up there.

Cutler was conditioned from the beginning of friday's pre-judging to the end of saturday's finals. He didn't need to improve.

I see what your saying though, guys like Kai got better as pre judging progressed and Phil looked better at the finals then he did at pre-judging.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Man, Cutler won prejudging with perfect scores. Stop bitching. Forget about offseason, forget about 2 days out, check contest pics.

Jay displayed on Friday night his best phisique ever, he won the show by a country mile over the rest of the field.

Jay looked better on 2008 Finals than in prejudging and he LOST.
This year he blew away the competition in the prejudging and he WON.

1) If Cutler's best phisique ever looks average, go and check your eyes. If you think he looks average in the set of pics I posted you are simply a hater.

2) If you don't consider my opinion reliable, go and check what THE CREATOR wrote here: http://www.musclemecca.com/showthre...perience-and-o-46749.html?t=46749&#post635242

Even most of die-hard anti-Cutler members showed much respect for him after his victory...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
msvf1 said:
Man, Cutler won prejudging with perfect scores. Stop bitching. Forget about offseason, forget about 2 days out, check contest pics.

Jay displayed on Friday night his best phisique ever, he won the show by a country mile over the rest of the field.

Jay looked better on 2008 Finals than in prejudging and he LOST.
This year he blew away the competition in the prejudging and he WON.

1) If Cutler's best phisique ever looks average, go and check your eyes. If you think he looks average in the set of pics I posted you are simply a hater.

2) If you don't consider my opinion reliable, go and check what THE CREATOR wrote here: http://www.musclemecca.com/showthrea...49&#post635242

Even most of die-hard anti-Cutler members showed much respect for him after his victory...
I'd appreciate you at least reading this:
I see what your saying though, guys like Kai got better as pre judging progressed and Phil looked better at the finals then he did at pre-judging.

Now combine what I said with this bit of information and you might understand what I was saying. Considering Beau quite often misses my points, you are clearly just being a dick.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

Now combine what I said with this bit of information and you might understand what I was saying. Considering Beau quite often misses my points, you are clearly just being a dick.

Tim, according to you, everyone misses your points an you never miss anyones points. I am sorry that I, and the rest of musclemecca, do not comprehend your advanced mental prowess. Please be patient with us, we just are not as eloquent or as well rounded as yourself.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim, according to you, everyone misses your points an you never miss anyones points. I am sorry that I, and the rest of musclemecca, do not comprehend your advanced mental prowess. Please be patient with us, we just are not as eloquent or as well rounded as yourself.

Want to be a little nicer there dude. :bball:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Nah i wasn't being a dick there...just stating what i thought you meant think i got it!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nah i wasn't being a dick there...just stating what i thought you meant think i got it!

Lol :rofl3:

I was saying that msvf1 was being a dick because he ignored your post and attacked mine again. If he had just read yours he would have understood, like you had, what I was saying.

You got it :thumbsup2:

msvf1 didn't get my point as is continuing to attack rather than be nice.

dilatedmuscle just likes to make snide remarks.

MaxSteel

MaxSteel

img_01321254028567.jpg

img_01551254028569.jpg

is it just me..or Jay's right biceps is a lot smaller than his left...

anywayz..many many congrats to see Jay cutler win...
he deserved it.
.. :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

but dexter jackson's 3rd place took me by surprise...freak luck for Branch Warren..howeve he does look great when u see his posedown pics...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is it just me..or Jay's right biceps is a lot smaller than his left...

No of course not. You must be blind :rofl3:

Yes of course people have noticed. He has had this imbalance for years and he seems to have done little to rectify the situation. You'll also notice his right leg is noticeably smaller too, although less so this year.

He hides it well in his poses, but in the manditories it is very obvious, like these photos.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'll admit he came in with amazing conditioning, etc but I still think that his overall physique is ugly. He might win the mass game but his lines are nowhere near as good as the likes of Dex and Phil.