• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

JUST READ IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Power, something that has been sought after for years. Equality, a word that many people have fought and died for. Abuse, usually what happens when people are allowed certain power. It's funny how these words go hand in hand. If a person gains power than they can choose to act how ever they please. Why? Because they are superiors or more less people we are "TOLD" to respect. Why should that same respect not be allowed to those whom might not have such power? To me that sounds like a little bit of abuse of power.

Just my honest opinion, but hey what do I know? I'm just twenty, still have a lot of learning ahead of me! But what I do know is that we all should be equal on this site! No one person besides the Admin should have any more power over anyone person than another. To be honest, I don't feel that a admin should be allowed to have control like they do. Yes, I do know they are the person who made the site, blah blah blah. But for a MOD OR ADMIN to come into any thread and pass JUDGEMENT, GIVE SARCASM, DISRESPECT, OR GIVE THEIR BIASED OPINION another member or a members thread it's wrong. You all should be held to the same standards as us regular members are. If not then do not make your opinion or attack us in our threads. Just simply keep it to your self.

I do understand that there are members who need to be banned for their annoyance and post needed to be deleted because of certain reasons. But when is enough, enough? How far is too far? Can there ever be complete and total control? Answer NO! I understand that you do the best jobs you guys can and try to maintain order on this site. The job can't be easy!

In closing, I would like to say that I have enjoyed being here on the mecca. However, I will not stick around if this continues. As I said I am taking nothing away from this website an its content.

I just hope this thread isn't deleted before people get a chance to comment.

Youngmusclejock
This is an interesting perspective. Though I would say you need to look around the forum a bit before making statements about "corruption".

Respect and status have to be earned. But it does also have to be maintained. This does require respect to be shown by both parties.

But the irony of this situation is that the respected posters are usually ignored or argued with on a regular basis by posters who have little to no respect or understanding of the topic of discussion. This wears very thin very quickly on those that have put a lot of time and effort into not just building a forum but negates the time and effort they have put into their accumulation of knowledge.

It is all well and fine to have a differing opinion but an opinion that is lacking in knowledge or factual content is not really an opinion. This is where most arguments stem from. Lets face it; someone who is in their teens isn't exactly going to have enough understanding or knowledge to really be able to disagree with someone in their 20's, 30's or 40's. They are just ignorant of too many facts and should be offering a point or question to a discussion in order to learn, not deliberately trying to match wits (they don't know how stupid they sound doing this) with someone who clearly knows what they are on about.

I posted a thread on arguments based on Carl Sagans baloney detection kit. It highlights the false arguments and decitfull tactics people use in arugments. Ad hominem is what a lot of people resort to (attacking the person not the statement) as they lack the understanding or ability to counter an argument. Those that are able often become frustrated at the ignorance or disposition (e.g. ignoring key points to argue minuta) of posters and will errupt. THis shouldn't happen as the argument has really finished but has continued due to the lesser party's lack of awareness.

Members who get banned are not banned lightly. They usually have a history of derogatory and inflammatory remarks or behaviour. It isn't usually any one instance but rather a culmination. Treat people the way you wish to be treated and you will be rewarded, treat them poorly and you will get banned.

At least that's my experience :wutyousay:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sometimes i've wondered why i havnt been banned by Line, but i dunno.

on the otherhand, i shit and spit on the original post.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to agree with Tim, i don't see many (if any unwarranted) banning of members occurring.

The mods don't have respect just due to that mod label. They have respect because they have earned it, for the most part. That doesn't always mean you have to agree with what they say, it doesn't mean that they won't ever be a dick. These are people too. Sarcasm, bickering, and debate are all parts of human interaction. They are not good parts, but they do come hand in hand with an internet board. So i would recommend enjoying the good conversations, making well thought out and non personal arguments and just cutting through the rest of the crap.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread makes me cry :tear:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Fuck the mods.

Viva la Revolucion!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
just for shits and giggles, this is the exchange that got me banned...again.
If you think you were banned for that single instance than you're sorely mistaken. Nonetheless, you had already spoken your peace in that thread in regard to Mac's death yet and, after I came into the thread to get it back on topic, you purposely toed the line again to see how I or the other Mods on staff would act. You're arrogant in your assumptions.
Duality said:
can you not just laugh at this?
Well, I laughed. I'm surprised you found it to be so funny.
Duality said:
i'm clearly being a smartass, but line has no right to tell me what i can and can't respond to.
I'm pretty sure I do.

*checks to see if name is still in blue*

Yeah, I'm positive I do in fact.
Duality said:
it's belittling.
You've earned it. :2:
Duality said:
just like when he tells me to "try to keep up" and i respond by telling him to not be such a pompous ass. ban.
Aside from being so presumptuous, you need to learn to infer context as well. I remember your initial ban quite vividly and it resulted from you butting into a conversation between Flex and I, misinterpreting what I said and me being sarcastic about it. There was no malice in my post. Was there cockiness? Of course. Again though, your problem here is that you haven't been here long enough to even remotely understand the social dynamic of the site, particularly my place within it, yet you pretend to know everything regardless. If anything, I've become less arrogant since becoming an Admin though that part of my persona, which has been present since my joining of BBD, is still somewhat present.
Duality said:
as many others have told you, get off your high horse.
Many? :49:
Duality said:
and when your reason for banning me is "question this" (in reference to my avatar)
Yeah...I didn't ban you on either occassion. Which takes me back to you knowing everything...
Duality said:
not in keeping the peace and moderating as an admin should.
Look back at the first sentence of my first response in this sequence. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
^ i wouldn't have said anything otherwise but this thread seemed to be tailor-made for it so that's why i chose to. no one can accuse me of thread hijacking here lol
Nah, we'll just accuse you of being whiney and attention whoring instead.

EDIT: I'd also be remissed if I didn't point out that, on the subject of the thread itself, that it is worthless to make such claims without listing examples.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously, don't make a thread that you know will create flames. There is one option if you don't like it here, and that's.

And yes, I have many reasons why some things are left to be unspoken. Sometimes, you just need to suck it up because power is always going to control your lives. Seriously, be lucky to be a part of a great if not the best musclebuilding website out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bro you got banned because you called out another member, then insulted a MOD. It is like when you do that to a police officer in real life, which is what a MOD is like. MODs monitor the site and also start/initiate discussion. They attained the respect of the owner of the thread and the other members to attain their position. If they get out of hand they do get in trouble, just ask Tweak or Robcardu.. they both have been "punished" for things they have said or done in the past so they are not with a "get away free card". But like police or anyone in "power", as you put it, it does take a little bit more for them to get in trouble like yourself. So just know that do not insult or call out a MOD or Admin like you would not do that to a police man or your manager at work. You can joke around, talk, debate, etc but keep it civil. I have not seen any unwarranted banning on this site, and when I have thought I did I asked and find that they have legitimate reasons for their actions.

P.S. Robita only got MOD status because he gave Pain the buttseks :spy:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality, please lets just drop it here.. you said what you needed to get off your chest. Let's leave it be and move on from here. Starting an argument with Line in this way is a no win situation.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Viva la Buttseks!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Viva la Buttseks!!

We don't even want you to tell what you did to become an Admin, if there is something greater than XXX... I guess you performed XXXXXX :carduindisguise

:keke:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in youngmusclejocks defense here, i gotta say, i dont have trouble seeing why he got mad at tunen. i mean, he made a thread, a stupid one fine, but for tunen to come in and talk down to him like he did, i mean dragging up the "jante law" was kinda uncalled for. to me it kinda seems tunen was trying to fire him up so he could get a reason to ban him. tunen could have been more civil, and in a respectful manner tell him why the thread was a bad idea, and then closed it, end of story.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Its easy to get a bad headache reading in this thread...

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in youngmusclejocks defense here, i gotta say, i dont have trouble seeing why he got mad at tunen. i mean, he made a thread, a stupid one fine, but for tunen to come in and talk down to him like he did, i mean dragging up the "jante law" was kinda uncalled for. to me it kinda seems tunen was trying to fire him up so he could get a reason to ban him. tunen could have been more civil, and in a respectful manner tell him why the thread was a bad idea, and then closed it, end of story.

boo hoo

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

just saying, u could have gone about it in a more professional way, thats all:wutyousay: it just comes off as kinda lame when u fire other members up in a debate by talking down to them, and then when that member responds back and gets provoked, u ban him. thats all:tiphat:

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Excuse me my friend, but what is the reasoning for your outlandish post? Do you feel better now that you posted a pic with a curse word on it? Are you proud that you were the first to cast a stone at myself? Should it be you who recommends that I leave this site? You my friend need to take a look at yourself and where your priorities lie. Being a internet tough guy proves nothing. I respect your post and choice words. Yet, I am troubled at why a member would do this. Do you think your any different from me? You are the same human being in the forum. You are a figment, you are not real. Fatality is an alias that you live through. Social acceptance must be hard for you to understand. So you think that by attacking me ( an outcast to speak) ( a member going against the grain) you think it will gain your acceptance by mods or admin this forum. I can make any thread I would like you. It is you my friend who chooses to reply or even look into my threads. I would seriously look at your self before commenting on my personal state.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by a moderator:
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I find it to be a shame that a mod would respond like this. Personally I would like to think that you as a mod would take the time to answer respectfully. However you have chosen not to, but again you choose to mock my thread. How does that make you look to other members. Bulkboy spoke his mind but how many others are sitting here thinking the same about you and other mods? Truly Tunen you were given the power to be a superior, but yet have I seen anything from other than sarcasm and uncalled for provoking post. Now you're going to reply back and say prove it. Well friend I will not take the time out of my day to do such research. I do think by typing this you will start to second guess your self and your post. If you are truly respectful about your status as mod, than show us commoners.

Have a wonderful day. :xyxthumbs:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are a figment, you are not real. Fatality is an alias that you live through.

I name is my real name (Well the Tony part and K is the start of my last name) So I guess im the one of only real person on here :imcoolurnot:

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bro you got banned because you called out another member, then insulted a MOD. It is like when you do that to a police officer in real life, which is what a MOD is like. MODs monitor the site and also start/initiate discussion. They attained the respect of the owner of the thread and the other members to attain their position. If they get out of hand they do get in trouble, just ask Tweak or Robcardu.. they both have been "punished" for things they have said or done in the past so they are not with a "get away free card". But like police or anyone in "power", as you put it, it does take a little bit more for them to get in trouble like yourself. So just know that do not insult or call out a MOD or Admin like you would not do that to a police man or your manager at work. You can joke around, talk, debate, etc but keep it civil. I have not seen any unwarranted banning on this site, and when I have thought I did I asked and find that they have legitimate reasons for their actions.

P.S. Robita only got MOD status because he gave Pain the buttseks :spy:

Braaq,

I respect and take note of your post. Also I do agree with you to some extent. However there still should be some accountability on mods more so than there is now. I am not here to debate my banning or Duality's, what is in the past is in the past. But today is now and tomorrow is the future just hours before us. I ask that a new consideration needs to be taken into mod possibly provoking members.

Status
Not open for further replies.