• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Greene After the 2009 Olympia - Wait for the Comeback

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't get the "comeback" thing... he just won the Arnold, and followed that up with 4th place in the Olympia which was about where most people predicted he'd place... he was about 5% off at the Olympia, but let's see who he placed behind:

- Jay Cutler with his all time best showing.
- Branch with his all time best showing, and being the best conditioned athlete in the show...
- Dexter, also probably his all time best, and the defending champ.
- Placed 1 point overall ahead of Phil Heath, who was way off on Friday, but came with his all time best on Saturday (Kai beat Phil on Friday, Phil beat Kai on Saturday).

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ good arguments, but he wanted #1, and apparently he was dissapointed with 4th in his first olympia, imo he should keep that must win attitude, and bring it next year at the arnold and olympia, he could possibly win both

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I don't get the "comeback" thing... he just won the Arnold, and followed that up with 4th place in the Olympia which was about where most people predicted he'd place... he was about 5% off at the Olympia, but let's see who he placed behind:

- Jay Cutler with his all time best showing.
- Branch with his all time best showing, and being the best conditioned athlete in the show...
- Dexter, also probably his all time best, and the defending champ.
- Placed 1 point overall ahead of Phil Heath, who was way off on Friday, but came with his all time best on Saturday (Kai beat Phil on Friday, Phil beat Kai on Saturday).
Well yeah, and it doesn't really make sense from a traditional point of view, but if you look at it from the standpoint that Kai thought he was going to win the O, or be at his all-time best, then he may feel he still has a lot to prove, even if he met the general public's expectations.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I think its mostly he thinks he can win the O and wants a win, and not happy with getting 4th. So he next comeback trip to the O will be a win

- basically what they said^

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he did essentially meet the general public expectations, or was at least pretty close to it.... he wasn't "off", he just wasn't way on like he can be. It's only the Kai fanboys who really thought Kai would win the Olympia.

Anybody know if he plans to defend the Arnold or take a year off and do the Olympia?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he did essentially meet the general public expectations, or was at least pretty close to it.... he wasn't "off", he just wasn't way on like he can be. It's only the Kai fanboys who really thought Kai would win the Olympia.

Anybody know if he plans to defend the Arnold or take a year off and do the Olympia?
I'm sure he'll be back defending his title. I don't think it would be healthy for Kai to take off an entire year after he disappointed himself that much.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sure he'll be back defending his title. I don't think it would be healthy for Kai to take off an entire year after he disappointed himself that much.

Plus he probably needs the loot

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kai is taking this the wrong way. Instead of something that should motivate him and make him happy its doing damage to him.

I would gladly do him some therapy hahaha

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kai is taking this the wrong way. Instead of something that should motivate him and make him happy its doing damage to him.

The fact that he is not satisfied is exactly the reason he is motivated. Not achieving his goal is the cause of his motivation. That is what people do who are achievers they are dissatisfied with something, and/or they desire something and that dissatisfaction and/or desire is their motivation. I am glad he feels this way rather than taking the old 'poor me' route.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP

You seem to be underestimating the complexity of psychiatry in application to sport. Regardless of how he's taking it now, jumping to any conclusions as to how he'll react to this competitively is premature.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Did anybody else watch the LL Cool J part over and over again?

:spy:

me fuckin awesome!

a youtube video should be done... (pain)

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah that LL Cool J part was good :49:

thanks for the vid Natzo :tiphat:

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think he should take the whole year off. Imagine how fat he would get in the off season.. He would never been able to get in shape in time.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just thought of "what" , not "who" Kai Greene looks like..if I said "who", it would be Gary Coleman lol. If I said "what" it would be an Urak Hai thing from Lord of the Rings. Anyone? lol

R

Ruhlforever

Did anybody else watch the LL Cool J part over and over again?

:spy:

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA, incredible avatar, please send it to the f...ing preacher of the anti gay church in Kentucky jajajajajaja, Cheers for Kai he is the MAN.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just thought of "what" , not "who" Kai Greene looks like..if I said "who", it would be Gary Coleman lol. If I said "what" it would be an Urak Hai thing from Lord of the Rings. Anyone? lol

I've said previously I thought he looked like a troll. Mainly due to that squashed in look he gets in some poses and his short torso.

A

abeljr

I think Kai knew he wasn't going to win after the callouts, thats why he gave his worst posing routine to date...If he had one of those routines he usually has, he probably would've nudged dexter and wouldn't have lost to phil on Saturday.