• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Passes out at Golds

P

power

He should of remained with Oscar, why he switched a winning trainer does not make sense.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im sure he is fine and will be on schedule. just drained is all, not like training for the ASC is easy ya know

GetSize

GetSize

THIS COMES DIRECT FROM RON AVIDAN AT GETBIG.com

Did Kai Greene pass out at Gold’s Venice?

Posted in IFBB Pros, gossip on February 24th, 2009
Monday morning, and a lot of rumors were started on the Getbig boards that Kai Greene, while training at Gold’s Gym of Venice over the weekend, passed out while doing cardio, and someone called 911 to get him help. Furthermore, they said he was taken to the emergency room too.
Well, I received a few calls today on this matter to set the story straight. According to various people, Kai was training and working on his third round of cardio. When he finished the cardio, he was quite tired, and laid down in the back of the gym to catch his breath. Some member of the gym saw him back there, and ran up the to front desk, and told them that somebody was passed out in the back of the gym. According to them, no one called 911. Kai rested, then got up, walked to his car, and drove himself home.
Now, another confirmed source said that he DID pass out. He was on a stairclimber, doing cardio, and missed a step, whereas he fell off and passed out. They did call 911, but by the time they got there, he was ok, and he left on his own.
So until Kai tells us the truth on what happened, we will just have to wait.
Kai intends to come into the Arnold Classic at 270 pounds. He is currently at 276 pounds, from his original off season weight of 303 pounds.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the update getsize,
looking forward to hearing what kai has to say

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the update getsize:tiphat:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not like training for the ASC is easy ya know

Of course its not....but you don't see or hear about other pros not being able to talk clearly on a radio show or passing out at the gym. He's probably had to make some drastic moves to get into shape, by the sounds of it he's really drained. Either way I hope hes good to go come march 7! I have him being the underdog winner :D

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course its not....but you don't see or hear about other pros not being able to talk clearly on a radio show or passing out at the gym. He's probably had to make some drastic moves to get into shape, by the sounds of it he's really drained. Either way I hope hes good to go come march 7! I have him being the underdog winner :D

Yea but if that new report is true he was just resting, and on the radio he just sounded tired too me.

Beau...Team greene? :spy:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
did u hear how worried victor was when they said kai was coming down from 290 he was like "RIGHT NOW!" Kai is on that next level, i j hope he stays healthy, it really is not worth t when u get that one time when u work so good or hard that u loose it in the gym, its happened to myself before, it scares the shit out of you and really makes you think. Kai is putting stress on his body with that weght that none of the other guys are putting on themselves. If he competes and is in shape kai cant loose. You will see kais version of ronnie at the 03 olympia at this years Arnold classic if he hits condition. He wont be missing one body part and your jaw is going to drop when he satnds next to the other guys.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo BigBen, you have much faith in Kai man. Let's just hope he keeps things under control.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hopefully kai can recover and still get up on stage cause he will dominate! Anyone know what his last competition weight was? :bitenails:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he sounded drugged up on the radio, made no sense at all.

CombBoy

CombBoy

Hope he bounces back and gives Vic a good run for his money.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
did u hear how worried victor was when they said kai was coming down from 290 he was like "RIGHT NOW!" Kai is on that next level, i j hope he stays healthy, it really is not worth t when u get that one time when u work so good or hard that u loose it in the gym, its happened to myself before, it scares the shit out of you and really makes you think. Kai is putting stress on his body with that weght that none of the other guys are putting on themselves. If he competes and is in shape kai cant loose. You will see kais version of ronnie at the 03 olympia at this years Arnold classic if he hits condition. He wont be missing one body part and your jaw is going to drop when he satnds next to the other guys.

That is one hell of a wrap dude. I'm not sure he can live up to that hype and if those rumours are true about him being behind in his preperation...well I just hope he is smart and knows his own limitations.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FROM Shawn Ray:

Funny, when I talked to Kai he said nothing happend and that came from His mouth to my Ears!
He also said, if he laid on the floor after exhaustive Cardio or Leg training, his Back tight and gourged with Blood, Legs wobbley and weak, low on Carbs and the like, people would be quick to stand in Judgement.
He said, he never saw a paramedic or an Ambulance, so if I'm lyin- I'm dyin!

Hearing his version makes me feel better and the fact that I will be interviewing him this Friday on MDTV for you guys to get to the bottome of his health issues, weight concerns and the Venice Rumor Mill!

Peace,
S Ray

GetSize

GetSize

^^^^Thanks....that is great to hear!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Go Kai!!!....but I hope Vic wins.

D

drexel1234

I like kai's heart and desire but to compare him to Ronnie is insane. the guy doesn't have anywhere near the shape or even size, Ronnie was a once in a lifetime type bodybuilder and as for kai the way it looks for him he will be lucky to be in top 3 since i doubt he will be in shape and even if he was in shape he has no chance to beat victor.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your wrong....kai has great genes bro he can definitely beat Vic, specially considering the injury Vic has gone through its not likely he will be at his all time best. If Kai has really added as much size as rumor has it and comes in shape then I see him being a real threat at any show.

The thing with Kai is he never really had the financial backing to get ready for shows like all the other pros...he now has that