• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line's Top 100 Films of All Time

Are You Interested In Line Including Write Ups For Each Film?

• Total voters
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
When are you going to post Nr. 83 Line?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Sorry for the delay. The write up for The Lady Vanishes is posted. Expect more films being listed tomorrow.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
American Psycho entry added. Looks like I'll be on a regular pace very soon. :ughnoes:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
That sound good Line, cause the updates has not been very big lately.
But thats not easy without a computer :D

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right now I am downloading American Gangster and 30 Days of Night. Looking forward to seeing them, and I will tell what I think about them when they are done and I have watched them.

(Line probably doesnt like either movie, he seems to not like any of the movies I watch :tear:)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Right now I am downloading American Gangster and 30 Days of Night. Looking forward to seeing them, and I will tell what I think about them when they are done and I have watched them.

(Line probably doesnt like either movie, he seems to not like any of the movies I watch :tear:)
American Gangster - 4
30 Days of Night - 2

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are You Interested In Line Including Write Ups For Each Film?

Yes, I very much want so. Why was American Gangster so bad, I really wanted to see that movie.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
American Gangster - 4
30 Days of Night - 2

Is this out of 5? And I hear from Flex and others that 30 Days of Night is good... :e5dunno:
American Gangster has gotten nothing but amazing reviews so far, it just finished dl.. gonna watch it and rate it myself :disgust:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anyone seen Diary of the Dead besides me yet?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anyone seen Diary of the Dead besides me yet?

^^Lucky man; The limited release on that is frustrating. Chesti and I are both established Romero fans, and the trailer looks promising.

Don't hijack Line's thread though:eek5nono:

Line, I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread; I've been on IMDB more in the past few days than I ever have before in my life. Thank you for motivating me to expand my film education, and thank you for all the work you've put into this:2:

I would say add write-ups if you have the time for it. I know how crappy your schedule can be, and it'd be easy to stretch yourself pretty thin with an addition like that.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not to hi-jack this thread, but if you're a Romero fan and you are just looking for a zombie movie, then you'll probably enjoy this one. Like Eric mentioned, it is a limited and selective release. The only trailers are on youtube and I had to scour the net to find a spot where it was playing at. I got to see it at the Paladium in Royal Oak, Michigan. The next closest one to me was in Toronto. Depening on where you're at, you'll have to see it in a theater or wait a year or so for a torrent to leak. Chesti, you're in Australia, so it's unlikely that you'll get to see it soon, but I've heard that they will release it in a select few theaters un the land down under.

I was a bit let down by it, because
they really only kill 5 zombies and the story is just George's social commentary on zombie movies. Romero wasn't happy with the way Dawn of the Dead 2004 was made, so he wanted to come back and say "This is how it should be, don't change it and try and get creative."

Since I'm a HUGE Romero fan, it was sad to see a movie like this from a man of his calibur. 7 out of 10.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi-Jack nation up in here.

Line doesn't like Ridley Scott, that's probably why he did not enjoy American Gangster.

Can't wait for the other write ups and more additions to the list. :xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Ha, I don't mind the hijacking at all, guys. People posting in here just reminds me that I need to start doing more write ups. My buddy on RT who I was doing this as a joint-thread with has been busy as hell so I stopped doing write ups but I may just move along and do a few quick ones to get things back on pace.
Is this out of 5? And I hear from Flex and others that 30 Days of Night is good... :e5dunno:
It's out of 10. 30 Days of Night is one of the worst films of last year. David Slade is absolutely talentless.
Braaq said:
American Gangster has gotten nothing but amazing reviews so far, it just finished dl.. gonna watch it and rate it myself :disgust:
You have to understand the critical community a bit better to understand why it got the reviews it did for how bad of a film it was. When these type of projects are announced the backing behind them from the film community is extensive and unyielding. Such films are actually thought of as contenders for major awards before anyone has even seen them and thus critics, for fear of being wrong, comply. Critics, in a way, are not really speaking their mind but rather commenting on minor technical aspects of a film through a filter based upon their publishers' overlying bravado. As any "opinion" journalist, they're on staff not for their knowledge but because people like to read them and they are rarely progressive in their criticism of film.
Don't hijack Line's thread though:eek5nono:

Line, I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread; I've been on IMDB more in the past few days than I ever have before in my life. Thank you for motivating me to expand my film education, and thank you for all the work you've put into this:2:

I would say add write-ups if you have the time for it. I know how crappy your schedule can be, and it'd be easy to stretch yourself pretty thin with an addition like that.
Thanks, big guy. My schedule as of now is actually permissive of me doing write ups so this along with what I had mentioned at the start of the post will probably cause this thread to start moving a bit quicker.
Paulie said:
Hi-Jack nation up in here.

Line doesn't like Ridley Scott, that's probably why he did not enjoy American Gangster.

Can't wait for the other write ups and more additions to the list. :xyxthumbs:
Eh, it doesn't really have much to do with my not liking Scott as much as it wasn't a good film. It's weird, he's made some very good films over the years but he seems to receive more praise for the meandering garbage he puts out instead. He was a very relevant director at one time but now he's just rehashing Hollywood idioms that weren't any good to begin with.
Skeptic said:
30 days of night = epic failure.
Indeed.

P

Pain

VIP
I'm watching There Will Be Blood tonight. I'm guessing this movie is in your top 3?