• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Microwaved Rice or boiled rice

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
90 seconds!

I stock the Rice, bean, hot sauce,pickles etc aisle at work.
God i hate how they keep those Uncle ben packets in those crappy cardboard packages. i pull the tab off to lift the top so i could put them on the shelves, bags just fly everywhere.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Must be truely shit if it only takes 90 seconds to cook.

LOL X2, im glad im on a low carb diet. i effing hate cooking rice everyday lol. one more month and i will have to do it again :(

ps... do u guys know any good brown rice recipes? i tried getting into brown rice for the nutritional value but the smell takes away my apetite (dont know why) and it doesnt taste verry good

co05

co05

^^ I usually do 1 part rice and a little less than 2 parts water and throw it all into a rice cooker. Those proportions keep the rice from being too dry or too mushy.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wont the starch in the rice cause an insulin spike?
Would it be the same starch in potatoes which afaik causes an insulin spike?
Isnt Vitargo filled with starch? (i think it was barely starch)

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cheers Timmy! :gaysign:

Wont the starch in the rice cause an insulin spike?

YEs, but the same starch that is being cooked out of the rice in pre cooked versions is the starch that would be broken down to glucose monomers and cause an insulin response once in the blood. The less of it you have the smaller the response.

Would it be the same starch in potatoes which afaik causes an insulin spike?

Eh starch is starch to a degree. The size of starch molecules varies depending on the food in which it is found because starches from different foods have different structures. They vary in size because of their structure. Starch is a bunch of Maltose disaccharides (Starch--->M-M-M-M). Maltose is composed of 2 glucose monosaccharides (Maltose--> G-G). For example starch from wheat is larger in comparison and has less surface area, which means it will hold less solvent/water. Starch in white rice is very small, it has a higher surface area so it can bind to more solvent/water. Generally athletes who are going to run long distances or endurance athletes and even bodybuilders in the off season, for a few meals, should choose the smaller molecules of starch, they digest faster and they hold more water. Why are the structures different in different foods? Your looking at genetics, and choosing one over the other really is kind of splitting hairs.

Isnt Vitargo filled with starch? (i think it was barely starch)

I have no idea about the last one b/c i dont know any thing about vitagro.

God Bless
Ben

P

proteinguysx

Anyone here microwave rice? I've always found microwaved rice to be useless. Never gives me the same energy as boiled rice.

Whats your thoughts?

Depends on the kind of rice, what I know about rice besides is part of the japannese culture that they consider rice so important, I can tell you for what I read somewhere that rice accumulates water or liquids and makes people fat, I dont know why if most Japannese are not fat they still eat rice....

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on the kind of rice, what I know about rice besides is part of the japannese culture that they consider rice so important, I can tell you for what I read somewhere that rice accumulates water or liquids and makes people fat, I dont know why if most Japannese are not fat they still eat rice....

1) Anything can make you fat if you eat enough of it. Most staple foods became staples because they had enough nutrition in them to give us energy, so they have the potential to make us fat.

2) Show me a grain that doesn't accumulate water and lipids.

3) Japanese aren't the only ones that eat rice. It is the staple food for most of the world's population.

4) Your post is borderline off topic. :thumbsup2:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Minute_RTS_BrownRice-1.jpg

i like these , they any good :bitenails:

those are good, i also eat those, and the brown and wild rice version too

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never tried cooking rice in the microwave before, but I could see that you could get the hang of it after awhile- also I see that you can put it in a microwave-safe container, and cover the rice by about 1 inch with some water. I just usually use a rice cooker to cook my rice, and then hit the white or brown rice button for perfect rice every time.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Boiled rice is always going to be the best way to prepare rice. I'm not sure if I have ever seen rice being prepared by microwaving it unless it's when you purchase and already prepared one from a fast food store and need it to be made warm or hot, then it's microwaved for you.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If the microwaved rice means you will be cooking rice with the use of microwave instead of the rice cooker, I wonder what gives you that idea. In the first place, you may have no rice cooker and I will agree that it is difficult to cook rice using a pot. In the second place you may be planning to save on time because microwave is faster than rice cooker. But now comes the quality of the rice. It is your call which would be palatable to you.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If the microwaved rice means you will be cooking rice with the use of microwave instead of the rice cooker, I wonder what gives you that idea. In the first place, you may have no rice cooker and I will agree that it is difficult to cook rice using a pot. In the second place you may be planning to save on time because microwave is faster than rice cooker. But now comes the quality of the rice. It is your call which would be palatable to you.

I have used a boiler to cook my rice and it worked out well but it's all because I used a deep bowl to cook it. But looking at the size of a microwave machine, it's going to be impossible to get a big bowl in it to use it and cook.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

The best way to cook rice is to cook it in a pot you'll get fluffy rice that way Microwave Rice is really no good, and should be done only if it's the last resort. Using a rice cooker is convenient, I have 4 at home and still i seldom use it because I can't make fluffy rice using it. Cooking it the traditional way in a pot is the best way to go.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

The best way to cook rice is using a rice cooker. Haha! The key is the amount of water. With the rice I use, it is 1 cup of cold water for every cup of uncooked rice. That's my ratio all the time.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Microwave is simple designed to help you warm up your already cooked foods or meal before eating them in order to have them a little bit warm instead of having to eat them completely cold which might not be a good idea or even a healthy one. But to try and cook or prepare your food - rice in quote from the scratch is absolutely ludicrous and unheard-of.

C

Concentrix

I am one of the people who prefer to eat their food when it is still hot or warm. I might not enjoy food if it is cold because I could not taste the palatability or sweetness of the rice. So, I microwaved it within a few minutes first before consuming it. But I prefer boiled rice because it is freshly cooked.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think for me traditional way of cooking still seems OK, I have heard many articles about microwave cooked meal and their disadvantages, due to electron magnet functionality and all, hence cooking on stove is best, however there is slightly difference in the taste in the meal cooked in microwave or on stove. I found it, stove cooked food is more fresh and tasty.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who the hell would microwave rice? Nasty as hell.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!