• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Most realistic IFBB Pro comeback???

Most realistic IFBB Pro comeback???

• Total voters
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say Levrone or Ray. I chose Ray though.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nasser really has that caveman look, especially with the shape of his head,
Nasser is probably the closest to O competition shape, it being a Mass monster comp anyways

L dimi

L dimi

if i don't like the physic of nasser he could beat dorian for olympia at least once , now it would be ridiculous level mass and quality, but should he have his best form it's just my advice

kevin on 99 was really good for British GP but Coleman WAS unbeatable

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say Levrone or Ray. I chose Ray though.
Yep, me too. I was hoping someone to pick Shawn. Shawn and Kevin would still have what it takes to make a convincing comeback. So my pick is Shawn.

Mike is all washed up. Nasser would propably look like a complete mess on stage. And Paul, well, we all saw what happened when he tried to make a comeback few years ago.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
those who ask for lee priest, he is coming back i think it´s phoenix pro show don´t know the date, he was gonna do the ironman but that got cancelled and he is aiming for the 202 class

L dimi

L dimi

yes maxmontzer yes that's what he said but wait and see

i hope see lee on stage again I'm sure preist do very good things 202lbs

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Yep, me too. I was hoping someone to pick Shawn. Shawn and Kevin would still have what it takes to make a convincing comeback. So my pick is Shawn.

Mike is all washed up. Nasser would propably look like a complete mess on stage. And Paul, well, we all saw what happened when he tried to make a comeback few years ago.

Realisticly, what makes you think Shawn can still compete? Has he shown his physique lately?

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Realisticly, what makes you think Shawn can still compete? Has he shown his physique lately?
First of all, what makes me think he could still compete. Well, he never suffered any injuries and had no health problems. He had an complete physique and missed no body parts. And we all know his dedication and working attitude, so that's basically why I believe he could make a great comeback. Nothing long lasting but few shows.

Then, what does it matter how he looks today? It wouldn't take long for him to be in shape again. Up the dosage and hit the weights and that's it. 6-8 months and he's in shape again.

Kevin is my second choice. Basically for the same reasons.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First of all, what makes me think he could still compete. Well, he never suffered any injuries and had no health problems. He had an complete physique and missed no body parts. And we all know his dedication and working attitude, so that's basically why I believe he could make a great comeback. Nothing long lasting but few shows.

Then, what does it matter how he looks today? It wouldn't take long for him to be in shape again. Up the dosage and hit the weights and that's it. 6-8 months and he's in shape again.

Kevin is my second choice. Basically the same reasons.

Couldn't have said it better bud. :borat: Repped.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

Kevin is my second choice. Basically for the same reasons.

I see what you mean. I just cant see someone placing shawn ahead of Levrone since levrone has shown us what he can do and his potential for a comeback. Shawn, on the other hand, has not but he didn have good genetics going for him. Why did shawn retire?

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see what you mean. I just cant see someone placing shawn ahead of Levrone since levrone has shown us what he can do and his potential for a comeback. Shawn, on the other hand, has not but he didn have good genetics going for him. Why did shawn retire?
Well, Shawn did place ahead of Kevin several of times back in the days when they used to compete active. That's why. Plus they were both amongst the best in the world. It has nothing to do with the experiment (or whatever it is) Kevin is doing at the moment (which is very interesting and motivating also. Don't get me wrong on that).

Why do bodybuilders retire in the beginning? They just had enough, in the way or another. Some suffer major injuries or other health problems which force them to retire. Shawn competed almost 20 years, so maybe he just had enough. He was also smart enough to quit when still healthy (and without any big injuries) etc. Same story goes for Kevin too.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nigster brings up a good point. Yeah, Shawn might not be in any good shape currently, but who says he can't do what Kevin is doing and hop right back into BBing? It really doesn't matter what he looks like today because he can just work his way up again, just like Kevin is now.

Dylan Detrick

Dylan Detrick

After 19 years of competing and 13 Mr. Olympia appearances(and not one single victory, which was bullshit), what would a 14th Mr. Olympia appearance do for him? Another top 5 finish?

He'd been there and done that 12 consecutive times already. They obviously were never going to give him the title.

Here's a quote from Shawn Ray:

" I will paint this picture very clear because up until now it hasn't been told. People ask me why did I quit? I stopped competing for a number of reasons.

Firstly, Kevin Levrone in 2001 never paid for his pro card, which every competitor has to do every year in order to compete. Also, he never signed his Olympia contract for 2001.

Wayne Demilia and several other people, including Jim Manion, said that he was not going be allowed to compete. This directly affected me because Kevin is somebody that could possibly beat me. He beat me in the past and I beat him in the past but this is big news:

"Kevin would not be competing in the 2001 Olympia."

The organizers went as far as to let us know this the Tuesday before the Olympia. On the Wednesday, we find that the "Powers that be" demanded that Kevin Levrone be allowed to compete. The guy doesn't have a pro card, the guy doesn't have a contract but he is going to be let in to compete?

For a lot of bodybuilders who have earned the right to be there it was a slap in the face, not to mention the fact that the rules had been broken right in front of us!

The final votes come down: Jay Cutler second place, Kevin Levrone third place, Shawn Ray fourth place. Whoa, hold your horses, a week after the Mr. Olympia 2001, Jay Cutler fails the Diuretic Drug test and is stripped of his prize money ($60,000) and his silver medal. This puts Kevin Levrone up into second and Shawn Ray into third.

Well, Jay Cutler decides he is going to bring a lawsuit against the federation if they try to strip him of his prize money and silver medal.

When the dust settled absolutely nothing happened. Apparently, the lab that they used to conduct the test was not an official Olympic accredited lab, so all the drug tests were going to be thrown out the window. This was news to the bodybuilders because we never heard of this "Official IOC Lab" in any of our contracts?

So they said that since the lab at which they did the tests had not renewed its license for that year, ALL the tests were null and void. How does this directly effect me?

First, Kevin Levrone was illegally allowed into the show, and had he been out, Shawn Ray would have been in third. Jay Cutler failed a diuretic test for the world to see and the federation at that time should have stripped him of second place and his prize money and Shawn Ray would have made second.

At the Press Conference in 2001 - two days before the show, I argued with a female judge in front of the fans and media who said, I hadn't changed in 10 years but that she would be judging me for the first time ever in her first time judging the Mr. Olympia that Saturday evening.

Say what?

Talk about a judge already having their mind made up. She went on to state that, "no one could beat Ronnie Coleman" out loud in front of all the athletes! Well, it also didn't hurt the defending champion that this judge happened to be from his home state of Texas.

I promptly demanded her removal from the judging panel and reluctantly, Wayne DeMilia removed her. It was at this time the paying fans of our sport got a chance to see some of what is wrong with our sport as this judge was a reflection of other judges and the way they think.

In all those little events, the federation was manipulating and tweaking the rules, which were in black and white. These rules were carried out for me when I failed a drug test in 1990 and it cost me $60,000!

So here's another guy who's going through the same process who is standing up to the federation with a lawsuit and the federation backs down. As far as I was concerned, this backing down cost me $20,000 and second place in the world.

When I saw that they could do that with Kevin Levrone and Jay Cutler, I felt that there was absolutely no way that this was level playing field for any bodybuilder, let alone Shawn Ray.

I felt I was way to intelligent to let my destiny lie in the hands of people who can manipulate the final outcome of the contest. Now guess what?

Lee Priest, Dexter Jackson, Jay Cutler and Kevin Levrone have all gotten a bitter taste of the system and they are not happy bodybuilders either because they have to deal with what I walked away from.

Kevin Levrone walked away a very bitter bodybuilder. Lee Priest won't even compete in the Mr. Olympia and Dexter Jackson feels he was robbed yet again by this new Challenge Round (Editor's Note: I think he was too! See the pics here.).

There's nowhere these guys can go and nothing they can do to right the wrongs they suffer. There is absolutely no checks and balances regarding the judges decisions and no accountability when they screw up.

In the past, at least we had Joe Weider to speak with and get answers from.

This is why I walked away. I have the peace of mind of having competed in a record 13 Mr. Olympia Contests under my belt and my health is still intact."

and

" I didn't want to be the next Flex Wheeler, Don Long or Mike Matarazzo. These were healthy young men who ultimately tried to play the size game. So these are some of the casualties.

I was smart enough to walk away. I realized there was more I could do for bodybuilding in terms of promotion off stage rather than on.

Many contest "GURU'S" came along to infiltrate our sport and they helped ruin some otherwise great physique's playing chemical warfare with athletes who were chasing ghosts in the form of a Sandow trophy."

"I’m just tired of busting my ass to compete in a show where we all know I’m not going to win, no matter what I do. At the end of the day it’s still a business, and there’s no sense being there from that perspective. Especially in light of family, and the reasons why I got married."

"That may sound like giving up to some people but I never made a single decision in my life because of what I thought other people might think. Not the judges, not the fans. There will always be haters, but people that know me know I never give up on anything. But I am a businessman, and for me bodybuilding is a business. Why should I spend all that time, all that money, put off my plans – our plans – to have kids, so that I can step onstage and place top 6? How is that going to help my career? If I thought that the judging was going to be such that I had a chance to win, if I brought my best package, well then I’d be in there busting my gut on stage with the rest of the guys. But that’s not the way it is. With the “bigger is better” philosophy that is going on now, and with the kinds of drugs you have to take to stay competitive … it’s frustrating as hell training not to win. I never trained to be a placer. And I’m not the only one who feels this way. There are guys not showing up …"

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Levrone 4 sho... Francoi would be way too small ...QUOTE]

WHAAAAATTTTT Mike too small..!!??!!... you are soooo wrong there Godzilla

Mike was a freak and if he had continued to train or if he could make a comeback and follow the current "regimen of supplements"... he would still be one of the biggest guys on the stage...
Heres a little something from when he got his pro card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nITU2FhoEME

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Im sorry, i take that back. I was thinking of Francis Benfatto

Levrone's Clone

Levrone's Clone

Kevin all the way...

L dimi

L dimi

Levrone 4 sho... Francoi would be way too small ...QUOTE]

WHAAAAATTTTT Mike too small..!!??!!... you are soooo wrong there Godzilla

Mike was a freak and if he had continued to train or if he could make a comeback and follow the current "regimen of supplements"... he would still be one of the biggest guys on the stage...
Heres a little something from when he got his pro card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nITU2FhoEME

good words i'm completely agree , for me mike is a great athlet

Mika

Mika

Nasser is legend :D i will like if he make comeback