• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Muscle Mecca: Does Your Parents support your bodybuilding life style

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
My Dad is a fitness freak so he appreciates my dedication to training but both he and my Mum think I'm getting too big.

L

legionarius

my mom.
for the rest of my family gym is abullshit.
My girl friend support me alwys, in contest or not.
passion passion passion bros..
sometime I need a big help, I find it in my heart..
in italy bb is very very denigrate.... fuck!!!!!!

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My parents support me whatever i do :)
but recently i havnt been to dedicated to the sport for any of it to matter, but couple years ago my mom would always drive me to the gym if i needed a ride, and would always cook me chicken breasts and yams to eat, and make me big ass salads.
When i was in high school everyone thought i was weird for eating a big salad or yams for lunch :49:

-my dad is trying to understand the sport more too, he came with me to the first day of the arnold last year to experience the expo

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes and no. my mom always says i should stop using all these steroids (which i don't do lol, i just pop all my supplements daily *animal pak etc.*) and my dad works out himself. they just can't understand that i eat chicken and fish every day... lol

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my dad doesnt give a shit,
my mom,. meh.
just my bro..

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Since I've started training seriously in 2008 and gained 50 pounds, my family gave me the hell, and I mean it.My father has insulted me and even tried to harass me physically and I had to defend myself and punch him down, I've been called a douchebag and a freak, an idiotic maniac who does a sport for dumbass and retards, and many other things that really hurt me.My grandma who's like a mother to me hurted me the most, she ain't even touch me to greet me anymore and when I walk into a room in the house she looks at me like I'm a criminal or a monster.This summer I've also been kicked out of home despite having a job and not asking any money to them for my supplements, food or gym subscription cause for them I was a disgrace.Thank god my aunt took me into her house before they came back to their senses and asked me to move back in.Since then I only greet but don't talk with anyone in my family anymore except my cousins or aunt sometimes.What it's mostly incredible, they treat my younger brother, a former drug addict and thief who never worked one day in his life like he's the best in the world cause he's a fuckin ass licker.Sorry guys, just had to tell it to someone

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since I've started training seriously in 2008 and gained 50 pounds, my family gave me the hell, and I mean it.My father has insulted me and even tried to harass me physically and I had to defend myself and punch him down, I've been called a douchebag and a freak, an idiotic maniac who does a sport for dumbass and retards, and many other things that really hurt me.My grandma who's like a mother to me hurted me the most, she ain't even touch me to greet me anymore and when I walk into a room in the house she looks at me like I'm a criminal or a monster.This summer I've also been kicked out of home despite having a job and not asking any money to them for my supplements, food or gym subscription cause for them I was a disgrace.Thank god my aunt took me into her house before they came back to their senses and asked me to move back in.Since then I only greet but don't talk with anyone in my family anymore except my cousins or aunt sometimes.What it's mostly incredible, they treat my younger brother, a former drug addict and thief who never worked one day in his life like he's the best in the world cause he's a fuckin ass licker.Sorry guys, just had to tell it to someone

Damn ,dude. I feel really sorry for you.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stay strong man! live you life and cut them off completely iff need be!
:headbang:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Santa Madonna! That's pretty sad, man. I hope you can fix it. Best of luck!

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i am not really a lifter but my brother is and he lives the lifestyle. My dad has always tried to get me and my brother to lift. He has always worked out in the garage gym and he held the polce acadamy record for the most pushups in a minute. He still workout now in his 50s and takes protein shakes and creatine. My mom always makes sure there is chicken in the fridge for my brother.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Thanks for the support guys ain't gonna let nobody ruin my dream, this sport makes me too happy to let anyone interfere.The Iron Is My Greatest Friend.(Henry Rollins)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My parents thought it was strange at first and I cant say that I blame them. However, with time they took the liberty to learn more about the sport and saw the passion that I had for it so they gave me their full support. They often times ask questions about my diet or my supplements and I am more than happy to educate them on why I do what I do and why I take what I take. I think we should all be educated enough on what we do and what we take that we can explain it to anybody. Thanks to their open mindedness, they fully support what I do and have taken interest in the sport.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thanks for the support guys ain't gonna let nobody ruin my dream, this sport makes me too happy to let anyone interfere.The Iron Is My Greatest Friend.(Henry Rollins)

Sometimes your family think they know better but they dont realise that they are being abusive with their ignorance. Never give up bro. Ive been critisized by so many people simply because i like bodybuilding, im not even that big. Ive mentioned in a different thread how people criticize and judge me in my painting class because im painting a bodybuilder. It was really discouraging but i had to think to myself " FUCK THEM ". If you really love bodybuilding, you cannot give a shit about what other people think and you have to stay true to yourself. I didnt chose to want to be big, i just DID want to be big my whole life, but i chose to do what makes me happy.

I guarentee you if people werent so ignorant about bodybuilding, there would be a hell of a lot more bodybuilders and more people in shape and a lot more healthy people in the world. Although bodybuilding isnt that healthy, its healthier than being a lazy fatass. A lot of people arent as healthy and/or fit as they can be but they wont lift weights because they think they will build too much muscle.

Love the people around you but have patience in their ignorance. You are the bigger man, mentally and physically.

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, I'm too old (37) to ask permision but my dad likes what I do... he also was very sporty, he's 67 now and still work out a little bit. My wife trains together with me, so I have full support from my family!!! :)

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lets just put it this way my mother has told me When she dies if its a training day she does not want me to skip it...